PostgreSQL ODBC driver and TEXT fields

Using D2007 I am attempting to access a field of type TEXT
in a PostgreSQL 8.3 database. I have set the
TextAsLongVarChar option of the ODBC driver but text fields
are not treated as LongVarChar. Has anyone found a solution
to this problem?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

Hello Bill

> are not treated as LongVarChar. Has anyone found a solution
> to this problem?

May be just use 3d party dbExpress or other
data access components.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev

RemObjects Software
The Infrastructure Company
http://www.remobjects.com
0
Dmitry

ODBC Driver 12.0
Hi! I have a problem retriving the contents of large Text fields. It never returns more than 4096 characters. Using: Linux Redhat 6.1 ASE 11.0.0.3 Winnt with ODBC driver 12.0 Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise with RDO I have tried the GetChunk function in RDO as well. I suspect the ODBC driver. When i use SQL Advantage, everything works just fine! Anyone got a clue? regards �ystein Selbekk Hello �ystein, did you check the value of @@textsize with 'select @@textsize'! If it is set to 4096 then you found the reason. You can set a new textsize with the set com...

ODBC TExt Limit using INTERSOLV Text driver
I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text files which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a field containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using Retrieve() to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a limit on the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it configurable? Thanks for any help. Most DBMSs support only 2000 or 4000 characters for Varchar fields. The ODBC datatype is SQL_VARCHAR. Jim O'Neill, any suggestions? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSy...

ODBC Text Driver
I need to connect thru ODBC with datasource of .txt. I got this error 'Could not find installable ISAM' when trying to connect. I search Google, but cannot find the driver that I need. Would someone please help. I am running PB9 TIA. Which driver are you trying to use. Both the MS and PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC text drivers work. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Julie> wrote in message news:466fe7de.7977.1681692777...

ASE text field to ASA text field
Hi I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write text fields properly but it requires a size parameter. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Here is the SQL I'm trying to run; insert asa_invt_prod_note select invt_prod_id,note_type,note,fpi_rep_status_flag,created_date,created_by,up...

Format text field and field text box in datagrid
I have a column that allows the user to edit the datagrid.  When the Edit link is clicked, only one column is editable...this works.  The problems are that:1) the text box is only 75% of the width of the column2) when i type text into the text field, the size is a lot larger than the text in other non-editable columns3) the height of the text-box is too high.In summar, how can i format the editable field?I have tried doing so, in the Propery Builder>Format and changing the settings in the 'Edit Mode Items', that does not help.  I'm trying to use the XX-Small text size....

RE: ASA text field to ASA text field
Hi Sorry the versions I was using for the problem below were. Using ASE version 11.9.2.5 Using ASA version 6.0.3.3113 I'm trying to push data from ASE text to ASA text, I also had problems pulling an ASE text field from ASA using proxy tables. I'm having problems populating an ASA text field with data from an ASE text field using CIS(component integration services) from ASE to link up to ASA. After running the SQL statement it appears to put NULLS in the ASA field. All other data types appear to work fine. I know you can use readtext/writetext to read/write...

conversion from Intersolv odbc driver to Sybase odbc driver
Hello, does anybody converted from Intersolv odbc driver to Sybase ODBC driver? We are going to switch from an old intersolv odbc to sybase's odbc driver that is shipped with ASE 12.0. And, as far as I know, because intersolv was using ct-lib and sybase is using db-lib in odbc, there may be a few (or a lot of) problems for the application. Does anybody has an experience with this kind of migration and could say what kind of problem we can expect? Any help is gratly appreciated. Thank you. Elena Elena wrote... > Hello, > does anybody converted from Intersolv od...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

text ODBC driver crashes
Hi everybody! I'm running PB 5 on Windows 95, and the Intersolve text ODBC driver crashes on disconnect. If I don't do a disconnect, then it crashes when the program ends its running. It does everything well, but this is an ugly bug at the end. What csan I do? Konya Laszlo Konya, First, make sure you're on the latest release of 5 - 5.04. I've not had this trouble with the text driver, so it may actually be originating somewhere else in the program. Check the usual things - objects that you've created but not destroyed, orphaned objects, invalid API call...

ODBC and text field retrieval
One of the developers in my dept. is trying to access an OpenServer Application to get text data from an SQL server (the OpenServer has gateway functionality in it). When executing with ODBC, he gets the error "Invalid cursor state". If he tries to pull back varchar(255), he gets the data back fine. Any ideas on what needs to be done here to get back text data correctly? Thanks, Jim Gartner ...

ODBC driver for text files
I defined data source INTERSOLV ODBC for Text Files. I made pipeline piping data from "ordinary" data source (Sybase native driver) to this text data soure. Unfortunately when I try to execute it I got comunicate that destination database (text file) is read only. This same I got using DataManipulation from DataBase painter. But when I try do do this writing a script in DB Administrator it works OK. Does anybody have an idea why? PZ Hi Piotr, Text ODBC drivers are for readonly purposes. Not for writing textfiles. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informat...

Error ODBC with text field...
Hello ! I am using VB6 with ODBC and a Sybase System 11 driver version 03.11.0001. I want to insert data into a text field. My query works fine if I use Sybase Sql Advantage. But when I use Vb and ODBC, I got an error depending on the size of the text : - If data size is less than 255 characters, it works fine - If data size is less than 255 characters, I get an Intersolv error in ODBC saying "implicit conversion text data type in varchar is not allowed". I tried to increase Default Buffer size for long columns in the ODBC Sybase driver setup but it does not change anyth...

Field not returned with Text Driver
Can someone point me in the right direction as to why my PrimaryExtension field is not being returned? I've checked my transforms, filter and mappings and all look ok to me. I'm using a trigger job to get the output. Attached is a trace. +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: siemenstrace.txt | |Download: http://forums.novell.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2940 | +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- cleik -------------------------------...

Microsoft ODBC text driver...
What is the Microsoft ODBC text driver? When I use the ODBC data source administrator on my nt workstation to add a new data source there is a entry called microsoft odbc text driver shown as a choice for the new datasource odbc driver. Does this mean that I can use a text file as a database? If so can I do this over a network? Thanks in advance, -Dave Arnold ...

Web resources about - PostgreSQL ODBC driver and TEXT fields - embarcadero.delphi.ado

PostgreSQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
9.4.1 / February 5, 2015 ; 2 months ago ( 2015-02-05 ) PostgreSQL , often simply "Postgres" , is an object-relational database management system ...

PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database
The official site for PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database

PostgreSQL database fixes “persistent denial-of-service” bug
Maintainers of the PostgreSQL open-source database have patched a vulnerability that allowed attackers to corrupt files and in some cases, execute ...

PostgreSQL dump/restore and client_encoding
... master, then I tried to load the dump via psql into a newly created database on the new master. However, the client_encoding parameter in postgresql.conf ...

postgresql
Read all 'postgresql' posts on .

PostgreSQL 9.3 works well with others
For this year's annual update to PostgreSQL, the developers behind the open source database have added several new ways to communicate with other ...

EnterpriseDB launches PostgreSQL support
Closed-source product takes advantage of open source economy. EnterpriseDB, which sells an Oracle-compatible, PostgreSQL-based database for businesses, ...

Open-Source PostgreSQL 9.3 Wraps Up Data
New developer features and enhanced stability take root in the latest PostgreSQL database release.

homebrew-postgresql
homebrew-postgresql - PostgreSQL formulae for the Homebrew package manager

PostgreSQL Now Available On Amazon’s Relational Database Service - TechCrunch
Amazon Web Services (AWS) launched PostgreSQL on Amazon RDS, showing the strength of the open-source database and its market maturity. CTO Werner ...