Oracle: No stored procedure parameters during design.

I have a simple test stored procedure. I setup a TAdoStoredProcedure and a TAdoDataSet to call the procedure. I set the name (The name is present in the drop down.), but no parameters show up after setting the name procedure's name.  What is missing here? Here is the procedure's code.

create or replace PROCEDURE ns_foo(
aInt1 in INTEGER,
aInt2 in INTEGER,
aResult out INTEGER)
IS
BEGIN
  aResult := aInt1 + aInt2;
END ns_foo;

My database is a local database with Oracle 10g Express.
0
Kyle

I think I might have found the problem. I created a new user and created the objects in the new user's schema. I can now retrieve the parameters. I was logging in as the "system" user before. Not the best thing to do.
0
Kyle

Invoking Oracle Stored-Procedure from Sybase Stored-Procedure
I have a peculiar design constraint. I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure pass it 1 parameter and use the result-set returned by the oracle stored procedure in my Sybase stored procedure. In affect I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure returning a result-set from a Sybase Stored-Procedure. I checked up and found Direct-Connect could be one option where-in I could invoke a rpc. Has any-one tried using Direct-Connect ? Also I remember Sybase also had a product\technology called Omni-Connect which could be used to connect to Oracle database. Is Omni-Connect still ...

Parameters of an Oracle stored procedure
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 with Oracle Net8. Is it possible to make parameters of an Oracle stored procedure into bind variables? Thanks. ...

[...]

PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined FUNCTIONS VS. STORED PROCEDURES
PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined FUNCTIONS VS. STORED PROCEDURES - ADO.NET TO ORACLE FUNCTION   I have a very simple oracle function I'm trying to call from ado.net. The code works fine for a stored procedure but I get the error  PLS-00221: is not a procedure or is undefined  when I try to call the function. here's my code:  I've manually tested both the function and stored procedure and they are both working as expected.  here's my  vb.net code Protected Overrides Sub OnLoad(ByVal e As EventArgs) Dim cnn As OracleConnection Dim sConnSt...

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Array parameter to oracle stored procedure
Dear friends,  I want to pass array parameter to following oracle  stored procedure from visual studio 2005 using vb.net my is question is it possible or not   create or replace package demo_pkg    as        type charArray is table of varchar2(255) index by binary_integer;       procedure emp_report( pin  in charArray,                           &nb...

Binding parameters of an Oracle stored procedure
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8. When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default), PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL statement. I wonder if this applies to parameters of an Oracle stored procedure. Thanks. Since you don't put a : on the arguments to an RPCFUNC, I don't think so. <Nobuo Saito> wrote in message news:429eb1fe.38ca.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8. > When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default), > PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL...

Number parameters in Oracle Stored Procedures
This is an FYI. I am running Mobilink Server 10.0.0.2465 as a service under Windows XP SP2. I am using an Oracle 10G consolidated database with the Oracle ODBC drivers provided by Mobilink. When calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from a Mobilink event, if an arg is set to type NUMBER(15,5) and you pass in a decimal number, 10.56 for example, the ODBC driver appears to be rounding the number to 11. Now, if I change the arg to using the tablename.columname%TYPE syntax in the Oracle stored procedure, then the number is not being rounded. I know this was not an issue in Mobil...

How to use Oracle Store Procedure with out parameters?
experts, Could you give me a hand to let me go out of my problem? I create a package acc.MS_Load.remove_(info_ out varchar2, contract_ in varchar2), then I using the following script to use it as that: string info_, contract_ info_ = space(2000) contract = 'NN' DECLARE myproc procedure for acc.MS_load.remove_(:info_,:contract_); Execute myproc; if sqlca.sqlcode .... When it runs, it said that "PLS-00306:wrong numnber or types of arguments in call to 'acc.ms_load.remove_'" Why? Thank you and best regards! Venn Try using INOUT instead...

Oracle Output Parameters from Stored Procedure
Powerbuilder 8.0 Executable compiled in Windows 2000 is causing GPF while executing on Windows NT workstation. This problem is occurring frequently while accessing the application from windows NT workstation and same one is working perfectly in windows 2000 workstation. After investigating the GPF we found out that this problem is occuring while executing the stored procedure with more than 20 parameters from powerbuilder executable on windows NT workstation. The same part of the code is executing successfully on windows 2000 workstation. we are suspecting that the problem is occuring...

Stored Procedures and parameters in ADO not working
I've been trying to set the following code up to pass a value to and return a value from a Sybase stored procedure. Stats: WIN 98SE on workstation VB6/SP4 ADO 2.5 Sybase 11.2 (?) on HP unix server First, this is the stored procedure: ************************************ create procedure sy_get_next_id @tableID smallint, @uniqueID int out as declare @countID int select @countID = counter_id from sync_tables noholdlock where table_id = @tableID if (@@rowcount = 0) select @countID = 10 select @uniqueID =...

ASA7, ADO, Delphi and Stores Procedures
Hello! I'm developing with Delphi 5 and access ASA7 with the ADO express components. So far, so good. Now I've got a weird problem calling stored procedures: As long as I call stored procedures that only have integer parameters everything is ok. But calling a stored procedure that has a string parameter leads me to a exception "unknown error". Here's how I call my stored procedure: with ADOCommand do begin Parameters[0].Value := iIntegerValue; Parameters[1].Value := sStringValue Execute; Result := Parameters[4].Value; end; If I use ODB...

Oracle stored procedure with BLOB parameter
I have two simple Oracle7 stored procedures that will store LONG RAW data into and retrieve from an Oracle table. They are declared as transaction object's local external function - something like put_raw( long id, BLOB b, REF int returncode) and get_raw(long id, REF BLOB b, REF int returncode) The problem I am having is that put_raw() works just fine. Get_raw() seems to work, and to verify , I write the BLOB variable into a file. It is supposed to be a JPG file, but the written file is not a JPG. Secondly, before invoking get_raw(), I must do: b = BLOB(space(32000)) ...

Web resources about - Oracle: No stored procedure parameters during design. - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters