Oracle NCLOB data getting truncated when using delphi ADO

I am using Delphi2007 and using ADO for data access.  When trying to select nclob data from an Oracle database it generally works, but I have one query that is consitantly truncating the data at 12 characters.  I have already been in touch with Oracle and they have confirmed that the OLEDB provider that is being used is correctly returning the data.
Here is the query

select ACT_KEY, COALESCE((SELECT LTX_TEXT FROM TEXT_TABLE WHERE LTX_TABLE='SOURCE_TABLE' AND LTX_TEXT_ID =
'ACT_DESC' AND LTX_TABLE_KEY = CAST(SOURCE_TABLE.ACT_KEY AS NVARCHAR2(10))),TO_NCLOB(ACT_DESC)) as ACT_DESC from SOURCE_TABLE

Oracle was able to create a VB app that used MS ADO components directly and it seemed to work fine.
And the query works fine in sqlplus and Golden.
  But in my delphi app where I use the Delphi ado components, The ACT_DESC data returned is consistantly truncated at 12 characters.  I can debug down to the code where we do
 result := fDataSet.FieldByName(aFieldName).AsWideString;
and at that point the data is already truncated.

I'm looking for a way to make this query work to keep my code generic as we are using this coalesce and substituting many different source_tables where the column in place of ACT_DESC may be nvarchar or nclob.  So, LTX_TEXT is NCLOB and that is where we want to get the data from if it exists, and if not get it from the source_table.

Thanks, Terry
0
terry

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Deploying Delphi software which uses ADO
Hi what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit computers? When Googling for stuff I keep getting older information plus some comments that the Jet Engine is no longer fully supported for Windows 7 environments. Suggestions or links to good descriptions would be appreciated. Bruce On 2012-09-19 16:13:51, Bruce Eglington wrote: > what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages > to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32...

ADO Connection not working if Delphi and Oracle not on same computer
I had Delphi working fine with Oracle using ADO when Oracle 11g is on the same pc as Delphi. I tried to use Delphi from another pc and I do not know what to enter for "Servername" on the Build connection string screen. Originally I had tough I needed to enter the computer name, aka Hostname. I also tried entering a name of the oracle instance or Oracle service, and also tried using this info in for format of hostname.service and \\hostname-service. Can someone help -is it just the computer name, is it the ip address, does it need the Oracle instance name? Thanks. steve Hel...

Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises a "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank What are the version and build number of your server? Are you using the sample database or a database you created? If you created it, did you use the BLANK...

Problem when get data from Excel file using ADO.NET
THIS IS MY CODE Private Sub GetDataFromXLS() Dim strConn As String Dim objConn As OleDbConnection Dim sql As String strConn = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; " & _ "Data Source=C:\Data.xls;" & _ "Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;" objConn = New OleDbConnection(strConn) objConn.Open() sql = "SELECT ProductCode, ProductName FROM [Data$]" '-Data is name of sheet in Data.xls. Dim objComm...

Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO #2
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises a "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

Using stored procedure to get the data for data window (Oracle)
Hi, I am trying to use the stored procedure in Oracle 7.3 to get the data for the data window. I was able to do it successfully using the stored procedure if it is not in the package by defining the the output parameter for the stored procedure which is cursor. But I would like to do the following if possible. 1. When I set the data source to stored procedure I get the list of stored procedure which DOES NOT contain the stored procedures in package. How to get the package stored procedures in the list. Any ideas (Using synonymns,.....) 2.The work around I am using to solve th...

Using stored procedure to get the data for data window (Oracle)
Hi, I am trying to use the stored procedure in Oracle 7.3 to get the data for the data window. I was able to do it successfully using the stored procedure if it is not in the package by defining the the output parameter for the stored procedure which is cursor. But I would like to do the following if possible. 1. When I set the data source to stored procedure I get the list of stored procedure which DOES NOT contain the stored procedures in package. How to get the package stored procedures in the list. Any ideas (Using synonymns,.....) 2.The work around I am using to solve th...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Web resources about - Oracle NCLOB data getting truncated when using delphi ADO - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Truncated trihexagonal tiling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In geometry , the truncated trihexagonal tiling is one of eight semiregular tilings of the Euclidean plane. There are one square , one hexagon ...

A warning for Google in the truncated novated lease
The car fringe benefit tax and novated lease business is a lurk whose days were always numbered, albeit a nice lurk enjoyed even by plenty of ...

Truncated Parramatta Road public consultation cost almost $2 million
It was the strategy on which the hopes and dreams of the inner west would be projected, and on which, seemingly, no expense was spared.

Mets Drop the Ball, but Fox Scores With Truncated World Series
... Matt Harvey inadvertently may have robbed Fox of a sixth World Series game, but the network still managed to put up big numbers with its truncated ...

Nicki Minaj Plays Truncated But Killer Hot 100 Festival Set
After a 30-minute delay, Nicki Minaj finally took the stage at the Billboard Hot 100 Festival to perform a truncated set.

Google's Truncated Titles
... limit on free Google Maps API: over 25,000 daily and you pay") As you can see from these examples, only a few words are removed, but the truncated ...

The Daily Hotness: Traveler's Truncated Trip
I've never really understood the internet's fascination with animal videos. Often enough, they're cute, but I've always been fairly disinterested. ...

Vista's Aero interface blamed for truncated battery life
Considering just how many copies of Windows Vista that Microsoft has moved, it's not too surprising that a few (potentially rightful) whiners ...

Obama ‘Redistribution’ Audio Clip Cited by GOP Was Truncated
Mandel Ngan/AFP/Getty Images The 14-year-old audio clip circulated by the Mitt Romney campaign this week to attack Barack Obama as favoring “redistribution” ...