Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously

what is "Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously" in ADOQuery.open ?
0
marco

> {quote:title=marco crema wrote:}{quote}
> what is "Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously" in ADOQuery.open ?

It looks like an error message from your database.
Don't know what database you are using or what is in your query but that is where you should look for the problem
0
Brian

C++ Assignment Operator as the Delphi Implicit Operator
In C++ it is possible to use the operator= for assignment to the result type, the same as the implicit operator is used in Delphi. For instance, given the variable myVar with TValue type, in Delphi, it is possible to assign different types to this variable as follows: {code} a := 'assigning a string'; a := 123; a := 3.14; {code} Previously in C++, without the assignment operator, you had to write it like this: {code} a = TValue::_op_Implicit(UnicodeString(L"assigning a string")); a = TValue::_op_Implicit(123); a = TValue::_op_Implicit(3.14L); {code} Now in ...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

using asynchronous pages to perform asynchronous data binding
hi all,I have a question about using asynchronous pages to perform asynchronous data binding. I searched google and found this sample code here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163725.aspx ("Wicked Code: Asynchronous Pages in ...") public partial class AsyncDataBind : System.Web.UI.Page{    private SqlConnection _connection;    private SqlCommand _command;    private SqlDataReader _reader;    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        if (!I...

Asynchronous operation
Hi I have 2 operations to perform one is to upload data and the second is to generate report. Both take huge time(more than 20 mins and I believe by that time session would have expired) and hence has to be done asynchronously. For uploading data, user will click start button and the asynchronous operation has to start immediately. For report generation, user will enter a time when the report has to be generated(weekend date time) and press start button. The asynchronous operation should start only at this designated time. How can I do the above 2 operations? Thanks rjn...

CA operations
On both a new and existing install of iManager 2.6, attempting some operations on CA object, result in "Internal error" "page has peformed an illegal operation" For example, in iManager, Directory Administration, Modify Object, clicking on Certificates tab will give the error. This is in prep to move the CA to a Linux box. FWIW following TID 3618399. I have full admin rights. PKIdiag on CA server (NW6.5) shows 0 errors. Searching KB give no clues. -- joea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joea, You ...

DBExpress terrible performance when migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Hi, When I'm migrating my project from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007, I found that the speed slow down 3-4 times. I've started to investigate what is the reason of that and I've found that the problem is in the TSQLDataset component. So I make a simple example of an application that run one of my problem queries that fetches about 30000 rows and the result was amazing d7: 1500ms, d2007: 13500ms 8 times slower !!!! Here are some perameters of the TSQLConnection Delphi 7: object SQLConn: TSQLConnection ConnectionName = 'OracleConnection' DriverName = '...

Delphi and performance
Hello there, I have a massive performance Problem with Delphi. When I switch from the code to form view for the first time, it takes about 5 minutes until the form shows up. When I try to filter the component palette, it takes about 2 seconds for one character to appear. Has anyone else some similar issues? Now My Configuration: Software: - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit English - Delphi 2010 Enterprise English Hardware: - Intel Quad Core QX9300 @ 2,51 Ghz - 8 GB RAM - 128GB SSD All oher Programs seen to run fine, but as soon as I am starting Delphi, one of the Cores is permanent...

Can I perform a minus operation between two result sets, like oracle's MINUS operator?
Hi! For example: Two result sets: A and B. I want a new set : A-B Thank you! AFAIK there are two ways to do this in ASE: (1) Load A into a temporary table and delete from it via a join with B. (2) Select A.STUFF into DIFFERENCE from A where not exists (select B.key1 from B where B.key1 = A.key1 and B.key2 = A.key2 ....) The second technique may be slow owing to the "not exists". "From East" ...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

Asynchronous script execution
Hello, I've just started embedding SpiderMonkey within my application, and so far, it's great, but I'm wondering how I could do the following : function example() { Windows.MessageBox( 'hello world' ); } Application.onStartup = example; The part about calling the message box or calling the event is not a problem. However, I use JS_ExecuteScript. So I cannot, like.. execute it, THEN call onStartup from the host application. How could I do that? Not sure I'm being clear.. Michael Putters wrote: >Hello, > >I've just started embe...

Performing an Operation Once a Day
I want to write a script that runs just once in a day.Like i want to add a poll of the day or send all emails after one day or something like that then how can i do?I thought of threading but if the web application closes and then on its start how would it know if the actions have been taken? do I have to store them in some files like last poll update time etc. Is there a better way of doing this? Moreover can i make a class that is visible to all the sessions (just like application variables) and any script can call that class or its member functions. There are several ways to go about th...

Performing arithmetic operation
Hi all, Currently I working with Sybase 5.0.04. I have written a stored function to return a decimal data type with some simple arithmetic operation. Code as follow : ALTER FUNCTION test (in @temp varchar(10)) RETURNS Decimal(5,2) BEGIN DECLARE temp1 Decimal(5,2); DECLARE temp2 Integer; DECLARE temp3 Decimal (5,2); SELECT total_cost, quality INTO temp1, temp2 FROM SALE WHERE SALE_ID = @temp; SET temp3 = temp1/temp2 RETURN (temp3); END ----- However, it doesnt' seems to compute temp1/temp2, always return me 0.00 value if value of temp1 ...

Web resources about - Operation cannot be performed while executing asynchronously - embarcadero.delphi.ado

spawnUri load Dart files asynchronously · Issue #12617 · dart-lang/sdk · GitHub
... Dart files necessary to start the isolate. This is problematic not only because spawnUri is performing IO, which is otherwise always done asynchronously ...