How to display a progress of 1 record?

Hi people,

I'm having the following problem. My MS SQL tabel contains 1 record with a very large document (can be up to 100mb).

When I open the recordset using "+AdoQuery.Open+" it takes ages when using a VPN connection. That's not a problem at all, but it is a problem that we cannot see any progress.

OnFetchProgress only fires one time per record so cannot be used in my situation.

Does anybody know a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance!
0
Joost

Hello Joost

> Does anybody know a solution for this issue?

There is no simple solution. You cannot control
network communication progress behind MSSQL
OLEDB provider. But you can try to estimate how
much time will take to bring "image" column data.
For that you will need:
- to estimate network performance using some
test image value;
- store image field size near to image value.

Just an idea ...

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev

RemObjects Software
The Infrastructure Company
http://www.remobjects.com
0
Dmitry
10/16/2008 2:47:30 PM
Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for your answer. I really was hoping for a solution to the problem but since it doesn't exist I might try to work out your idea.

With best regards,

Olav Zuijdam

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Joost
>
> > Does anybody know a solution for this issue?
>
> There is no simple solution. You cannot control
> network communication progress behind MSSQL
> OLEDB provider. But you can try to estimate how
> much time will take to bring "image" column data.
> For that you will need:
> - to estimate network performance using some
> test image value;
> - store image field size near to image value.
>
> Just an idea ...
>

> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev
> AnyDAC Team
>
> RemObjects Software
> The Infrastructure Company
> http://www.remobjects.com
0
Joost

DataGrid display looks odd when 1 record displayed
Hi All, I have a datagrid which displays records from a database. I have the number of records to display set to 10 and the height set to 262px. If only 1 record is retrieved the datagrid seems to streach the header area and the display area to fit the hieght of the datagrid which looks very odd! Is there a wasy to tell the datagrid to just display it normally, i.e. header as normal and just the 1 record and not streach anything? Thanks in advance... regards Davej You might try, rather than setting the specific height of your datagrid, to drop it into a <div> ...

Display 1 record
 I have a database with lots of fields in it and have a gridview that show maybe 7 or 8 fields ... but if i want to say see all detail of that and have it go to a separate page and show all the photos in flash and all the info what is the best way of doing this just with a reader and filling in labels or with a repeater? thankslost  Use a FormView or a DetailsView. Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site Hi dear lostandconfused It seems that you want to show all of selected subject detail in seprated page and you want to know reader and label is the best way or repea...

To display records or not to display records, based on a function...
Hi all, I have been working on creating an Auction style website. I have the results page which displays all the records and i display the time remaining (which is determined by a function) next to the record details. I have the time remaining working fine and it output the correct time remaining. Now the problem i'm having is that if the auction has expired (time remain is negative) i don't want the record to be displayed. I'm not sure how to acheive this. Here is the code that i'm using to bind the data, this is after i have returned the results via a stored procedur...

Display Flagged Records
I'm not sure if this makes sense or not, but I'm trying to setup a news list on the site.  It is currently displaying the top six judging by date the records were added to the database.  The problem we are having is that we would like some records to remain even if there are records that are newer. So, I thought about having a field in the database with a 0=Not Flagged and 1=Flagged.  Then, the display on the page would search through the database and grab the records that are flagged and display them, then if the records flagged do not total six, display the next new...

select record in mozila in 900 record display but ie6 only 400 record displayed in asp application
 hi dear all, I have one problem regarding mozila and ie6/7 in asp application. My problem is when select record in mozila 900 record display but ie6/7 only 400 record displayed in asp application. I want to select 900 record displayed also in ie6/7.Please help. thanksYogesh  ...

[ 1.1.3913.1 ] -- Just for the record
Gang... I'm all caught up in the group, and everything that anyone has mentioned or found has been fixed in this latest release. Notwithstanding anything else that anyone finds... I'm going to finally get to work on adding the last several features to the app. :) -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. / Scarce as facts are, supply too often exceeds demand. On 9/18/2010 1:30 PM, Steve Gibson wrote: Little bug: can't remove the dead nameservers using the contextual and add-remove menus. -- Ian [for the unabridged v...

Display multiple record in 1 page
Hi, I want to create a web page which will display multiple record (can be one or many). I want the record to be display like this: Record 1: Name : Alex Age : 23 Address : xxxxxxxxxxx Other : (Datagrid display data here) Record 2: Name: Alice (No datagrid display data here coz no data for this person in database) Record 3: Name: Alicia Age:24 Other : (Datagrid display data here) Notice that Name will be display in every record. If no data for age and address, then no need to display. My question is how to dynamically display data like ab...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/msword; name="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFAAAAbwIAAAAAAAAA EAAAcQIAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAGoCAABrAgAAbAIAAG...

Display the record history of a main record for each main record in a database.
Hi: I am kinda new at this and I would like to know how to display the record history of a main record for each main record in a database.  For example:  The user inputs a request for a repair to their facility.  Then other users will come behind them and add more comments to that original request or delete it or edit it in the form of a NEW record.  I capture each edit or delete as a new record in the database with Action = "edit" or Action = "delete" so that we can keep a running history of all comments.  What I would like to do is show th...

Mail not displayed in move to 1.4 from 1.3.1
After installing Mozilla 1.4 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624), I am not able display any mail messages more than 5 days old in any mail folder. They are still counted in the "total" column of the mailbox summary pane of the UI, but not in the message list (sender, subject, date/time, etc.). A reinstall of 1.3.1 makes the older messages visible again. I've tried deleting/rebuilding the .MSF files but no joy. This condition is repeatable: installing 1.4 "disappears" older messages. Reinstalling 1.3.1 "restores" them. As...

Display Count of records from the same table > 1
How would I list the users in the users table that have duplicate IDs or count of IDs > 1?The UserName field is unique. State   UserName     First          Last         ID         City         CountTX       Kkeaton         Kathryn     Keaton     1001     Dallas &n...

Work In Progress Displaying 1 new message
Hi I have just looked in one of our mailbox's and i can see that the Work In Progress folders says there is on new mail in there but i cant see a mail in there at all even using the display all items i have tryed looking at this using GW7 client and GW8 client anyone else had this problem or know how to sort it Thanks James Try doing a search for item source = DRAFT, see if this turns it up. Cheers James "James Makepeace" <James.makepeace@briggsplc.co.uk> wrote in message news:S7ZCm.19453$7G7.10701@kovat.provo.novell.com... > Hi > &g...

Display 1 record over multiple rows in datagrid
I would like to be able to display multiple fields per record over two rows using the datagrid e.g. Name | Address | Phone | Comments | (ie comments on the second row but within the same record.) I've got the datagrid working with all fields in the same row, is it just a case of changing the datagrid to a template column and adding in the </td></tr> tags myself or is there more to it? Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks in Advance Yep, that's basically it.  http://datagridgirl.com/faq.aspx#multilinecellsMarciehttp://www.datagridgirl.comNEW! ...

Web resources about - How to display a progress of 1 record? - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Emery County Progress - Emery County, Utah
Emery County Progress, Serving Emery County, Utah news since 1900

The Progress
Boro: Paving bid could be good news Friday, June 19, 2015 By Jeff Corcino Staff Writer Clearfield Borough received some potentially good news ...

Progress (spacecraft) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Progress ( Russian : Прогресс ) is a Russian expendable freighter spacecraft. The spacecraft is an unmanned resupply spacecraft during its ...

Australia v West Indies: Improved West Indies batting stymies Australia's progress in Boxing Day Test ...
If ever holding a lead of 459 with two days remaining was not a cause for celebration it was on Monday, after the West Indies enjoyed their least-worst ...

Progress! New CMOS chip can process both light and electricity
(credit: Glenn Asakawa, University of Colorado) Moving data around inside a computer means shoving it through wires, which have inherent bandwidth ...

Adoption of cloud computing in the enterprise: The progress in 2015
In general, cloud penetration across the enterprise in terms of workloads being completed continues to be at a relatively low level, with many ...

BlackBerry CEO Chen: Making Positive Progress
BlackBerry Chairman and CEO John Chen discusses the company's earnings, performance and possible turnaround. He speaks on "Bloomberg Markets." ...

Facebook wants to own your Saturday night — and it's making progress
... Events tab on Facebook for discovery, organizers and businesses could pay to have event appear at the top. Facebook's made some much progress ...

NITI Aayog still work-in-progress - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets Magazine ...
It was a year when the Narendra Modi government officially buried the 60-plus years-old Planning Commission and replaced it with a NITI (National ...