Help with 64-bit ADODB dcu file

To interface correctly with Oracle 11g database string fields I need to
modify the Data.Win.ADODB.pas unit at line 3637 to include the types
ftFixedChar and ftFixedWideChar as compatible with ftString.

Having modified the unit, and compiled it, I moved the 32-bit dcu file
to both the debug and release folders under lib/win32.

I thought that would be enough, but it doesn't seem so.

When I call up the fields editor to add a string field to a dataset
Delphi says "MyQuery: Type mismatch for field <whatever>, expecting
String actual FixedWideChar".

I have only the 32-bit personality of Delphi installed under Program
Files (x86) on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. Or at least that is what I
think -- nowhere does the Delphi Options or Program Manager allow me to
choose 64-bits output, only 32-bits.

If I copy the modified dcu file to my programs folder the problem is
solved, so it would appear that Delphi is not looking for the dcu file
in the lib/win32/debug or lib/win32/release folders. Where is it
looking ??? In the 64-bit folders lib/win64 ???

Why ???

What on earth am I doing wrong ???

If what I need is a 64-bit version of the modified Data.Win.ADODB.dcu,
could someone please do the compilation of said unit, modified as
needed and send me the dcu file only?

The alternative involves reinstalling Delphi so as the have both the
64-bit and 32-bit personalities, and then reinstalling all 3rd party
packages, etc, etc.

Thanks,

Jim Fleming
0
Jim

I suggest adding the .PAS to your project folder. Everything else should
take care of itself.

Jim Fleming wrote:
> To interface correctly with Oracle 11g database string fields I need to
> modify the Data.Win.ADODB.pas unit at line 3637 to include the types
> ftFixedChar and ftFixedWideChar as compatible with ftString.
>
> Having modified the unit, and compiled it, I moved the 32-bit dcu file
> to both the debug and release folders under lib/win32.
>
> I thought that would be enough, but it doesn't seem so.
>
> When I call up the fields editor to add a string field to a dataset
> Delphi says "MyQuery: Type mismatch for field <whatever>, expecting
> String actual FixedWideChar".
>
> I have only the 32-bit personality of Delphi installed under Program
> Files (x86) on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. Or at least that is what I
> think -- nowhere does the Delphi Options or Program Manager allow me to
> choose 64-bits output, only 32-bits.
>
> If I copy the modified dcu file to my programs folder the problem is
> solved, so it would appear that Delphi is not looking for the dcu file
> in the lib/win32/debug or lib/win32/release folders. Where is it
> looking ??? In the 64-bit folders lib/win64 ???
>
> Why ???
>
> What on earth am I doing wrong ???
>
> If what I need is a 64-bit version of the modified Data.Win.ADODB.dcu,
> could someone please do the compilation of said unit, modified as
> needed and send me the dcu file only?
>
> The alternative involves reinstalling Delphi so as the have both the
> 64-bit and 32-bit personalities, and then reinstalling all 3rd party
> packages, etc, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Fleming

0
quinn
4/6/2015 10:44:19 PM
Jim Fleming wrote:

> When I call up the fields editor to add a string field to a dataset
> Delphi says "MyQuery: Type mismatch for field <whatever>, expecting
> String actual FixedWideChar".
>

> What on earth am I doing wrong ???

You are expecting that the field editor will use your changed dcu.
Unfortunately that is not the case. The field editor is implemented in
a bpl or dll that you cannot change.

If you modify the Delphi source it will take effect only in *run* time
not *design* time and to work you cannot use the standard Delphi
packages in your application as they doesn’t contain your modifications.

Your only option is to fill a feature request and hope that your
request will be accepted and implemented in the near future.
0
Lajos
4/7/2015 3:17:52 PM
Lajos,

Thanks for the explanation -- that is understandable, and corresponds with
what I'm seeing.

Further update:

I removed the modification to ADODB, as it was only a rough (imperfect)
patch valid for an older version of Oracle, and Delphi XE2, and my limited
circumstances.

With Oracle 11g XE and Delphi XE6, fields of type TWideStringField are
created (correctly) and all works correctly without the patch.

So problem solved -- I should not have carried forward the patch from XE2
and an earlier version of Oracle.

--
JF
0

Integrating do I integrate all help files
How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . Please don't cross-post. On 1 Nov 2004 12:34:08 -0700, "Damola adesuyi" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I integrate PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp files together help such >that I can get help on all issues (PFC, sybase and powerbuilderhelp ) >through powerbuilder's help-content menu only . > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www....

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo)
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64 bit Windows environment (...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo) #2
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of a 32 bit application that uses ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64...

HELP! HELP!HELP: How to make bugzilla work for Windows7 (64 bit)
Hi There, I am in the process of installing Bugzilla at my company but not able to st= art successfully the application and like to know why: Here is the steps I took: My environment is : OS : MS Windows 7 (64 bit) VM Version : 8 1. Install Per l(5.8.1 or above) 2. Install MySQL 3. Install Apache2 4. Install Bugzilla 3.2 5. Install Perl modules 6. Bugzilla using apache 7. Perform local config file using checksetup.pl. Created bugs in mys= ql. I am not able to create the Bugzilla database by running checksetup.pl= .. Created user "bugs" as a...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Help Converting Delphi demo to C++Builder XE4 64 bit
I am converting some of the IntraWeb Delphi demos to C++Builder XE4. When I compile as 64-bit in C++Builder I get the error "expected unqualified-id" seen below. The error points to the * at the end of the word TIWApplication* Do you know how to fix this? //-- user supplied -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- namespace Iwinit { extern Iwapplication::TIWApplication* __thread WebApplication; } [bcc64 Error] IWInit.hpp(26): expected unqualified-id > {quote:title=Patrick Mikula wrote:}{quote} > I am converting some of ...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

Delphi 7 pro on Vista 64 bit
I am running Delphi 7 pro on vista 64 bit. I have had no problems since patching it to run on vista. It was working fine, then i unfortunately had to take a break from delphi for a couple months(work got crazy). I finally got back to delphi but all my programs will not run now from the ide. Everytime i try to run a program from the ide it gives me the error could not find program, "Path\Program.exe". Anybody know what is going on? i tried running as administrator, i do not use UAC, and my anti-virus is not running. I also tried setting the exe output to different folder...

Delphi 7 pro on Vista 64 bit
I am running Delphi 7 pro on vista 64 bit. I have had no problems since patching it to run on vista. It was working fine, then i unfortunately had to take a break from delphi for a couple months(work got crazy). I finally got back to delphi but all my programs will not run now from the ide. Everytime i try to run a program from the ide it gives me the error could not find program, "Path\Program.exe". Anybody know what is going on? i tried running as administrator, i do not use UAC, and my anti-virus is not running. I also tried setting the exe output to different folders, and...

cl.exe help needed: Linking VC-generated 64-bit OBJ files with XE2 [Edit]
Currently embarcadero doesn't have a 64-bit C compiler available. To link OBJ files in 64-bit Delphi, we have to use Microsoft Visual C++ instead. I encountered some minor issues. Below is a simple C source file {code} #include <windows.h> void say_hello() { MessageBoxA(0, "Hello", "World", 0); } {code} Compile it using Microsoft C compiler (cl.exe): cl.exe -c test.c Link it with Delphi: {code} {$L test.obj} ..... procedure say_hello; cdecl; external; {code} When compiling, it generates error like this: [DCC Error] x.pas(x...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

Web resources about - Help with 64-bit ADODB dcu file - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Donald Trump Polls: Trump’s Support Actually Grows After Controversial Call To Ban Muslims From Entering ...
Donald Trump is still atop polls for the Republican nomination, growing his lead lead over opponents even after a string of controversial statements ...

California shooters discussed martyrdom before meeting: FBI
Reuters California shooters discussed martyrdom before meeting: FBI Reuters WASHINGTON A couple who massacred 14 people at a California holiday ...

Yahoo spinoff brings an end to a pioneering era
By deciding to shed its Internet business, Yahoo is moving to take on a different business focus amid a rapidly changing online landscape. It ...

Officer says Freddie Gray gave him no reason to call for a medic
A police officer charged with manslaughter in the death of Freddie Gray testified in his own defense Wednesday, saying he didn't call for a medic ...

Ted Cruz continues to embarrass nation, himself
Surprise! Ted Cruz is a moron. The walking conspiracy theory argued with NPR’s Steve Inskeep Wednesday about how climate change is a liberal ...

The "Satoshi" PGP keys reported to be linked to Craig Wright were likely backdated, pointing to a hoax ...
Sarah Jeong / Motherboard : The “Satoshi” PGP keys reported to be linked to Craig Wright were likely backdated, pointing to a hoax — Satoshi's ...

'Trumbo' Leads the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations
The nominees for the 22nd Screen Actors Guild Awards have been announced today, putting awards season in full swing before the nominations for ...

Antonin Scalia: Affirmative Action Puts Black People In Schools That Are Too Hard for Them
Uniquely accomplished Twitter egg Antonin Scalia had some opinions about black people this morning. Or rather, he gave voice to some opinions ...

Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show: Selena Gomez LipSync? Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Wow, Yolanda Foster ...
Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Lily Aldridge, Behati Prinsloo, Adriana Lima, and Alessandra Ambrosio were just some of the sexy models sauntering ...

Here’s when Verizon says you'll get 5G wireless service that’s 200 times faster than today
Wireless phones are due for a big speed boost, when new 5G, or fifth generation, wireless service rolls out. When is it coming? According to ...