Hanging when DBF folder is not valid

I'm connecting to DBF files using this CS:

Driver={Microsoft dBASE Driver (*.dbf)};DriverID=277;Dbq=c:\mypath;

If c:\mypath doesn't exists, my app hangs. No exception is raised. I
tried to change the timeout values but didn't help.

Any ideas?

Erick Sasse
0
Erick

Use the DirectoryExists function before you  try to open
the file.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Bill Todd wrote:

> Use the DirectoryExists function before you  try to open
> the file.

I could do that, but shouldn't the app raise an exception?

--
Erick Sasse
0
Erick Sasse wrote:

> If c:\mypath doesn't exists, my app hangs. No exception is raised. I
> tried to change the timeout values but didn't help.

I noticed now that if I run without debug, an exception is properly
raised.

--
Erick Sasse
0
Erick Sasse wrote:

> but shouldn't the app raise an exception?

Only if the Microsoft driver returns an error. It sounds
like the driver may be hanging.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Bill Todd wrote:

> > but shouldn't the app raise an exception?
>
> Only if the Microsoft driver returns an error. It sounds
> like the driver may be hanging.

See my other post. The exception is properly raised if I run the app
without debugging.

--
Erick Sasse
0

"Erick Sasse" <esasse@gmail.com> wrote
> I could do that, but shouldn't the app raise an exception?

The runtime system (or application) should return an error
flag or raise an exception that presents a useful message
to the user or calling application.

Erick,
If you find that the runtime system doesn't do the right thing,
then you can search for someone else having had the same
problem and program around it and maybe file a
QualityCentral report, or add your comment if it has already
been filed.
Rgds, JohnH
0
John
12/1/2008 8:17:39 PM
Erick,
And it would be even better - if you can create a very small program that
illustrates the problem, then upload the zip of the source for that program as
an attachment to your QC report
Regards, JohnH
0
John
12/1/2008 8:26:22 PM
Reported as #69495.

--
Erick Sasse
0

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Validators not Validating

Folders In Folders ?
I'm using 1.6 on Windows 98SE. I think I did this a while back and it seemed to work, but now it doesn't. Can I create a folder, for example 'Sent Folders', and then have folders within it, for example one per month ('sent 2004.01', 'sent 2004.02', etc), with each sub-folder containing notes? I thought I had done this, but the 'Sent Folders' folder does not appear as a folder in my account. (There are a 'Sent Folders.sbd' folder and a 'Sent Folders.msf' folder appearing in Windows Explorer.) If this can be done, how do I ...

Validator.Validate() ?
Hello guys,When I created a function to do custom validation I tried to use RegularExpressionValidator.Validate(). My code: 1 protected void EvaluateNewGateWay(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) 2 { 3 if (chBoxNewGW.Checked) 4 { 5 RegularExpressionValidator rev = new RegularExpressionValidator(); 6 rev.ErrorMessage = "REV Error"; 7 rev.ControlToValidate = "txtNewGW"; 8 rev.ValidationExpression = "http(s)?://([\\w-]+\\.)+[\\w-]+(/[\\w- ./?%&=]*)?"; 9 rev.Tex...

Folders in Folders
A while back I set up a 'sent messages' folder with separate folders for messages I've sent, one folder for each month. No problems in doing this. Recently I tried to view the messages and the sub-folders wouldn't appear. They showed up in Windows Explorer but not in the mail window. I ended up cutting them from the sent.bsd folder into the pop-server.nnnnn folder (in Explorer) and they are there, but now I have one line for each folder in my mail folders list. Any ideas why the folder and sub-folders would appear OK for a while and then not appear OK? Thanks...

To validate or not to validate
Hey people! Here is my situation - I've created a dynamic data website with one table. The fields of this table are mostly varchar() not NULL, and all fields are defined with default value. When trying to insert new row with empty values I get required validation on all fields. What would be the best way to enable this validation only on some of these fields, while using default values for the others? For example empty string for varchar or 0 for int, etc Thanks Michael no in this case it will be add what error its return when u add. .Net DeveloperWeb Site Design and W...

Needs tabs like IE, import IE favourites hang, delete folder in bookmarks hang
Name: Syed Email: syedrfatymaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Needs tabs like IE, import IE favourites hang, delete folder in bookmarks hang Comments: Hi, 1. Firefox 3 desperately needs tabs as in IE7 and Google browser. 2. Importing IE7 favourites hang Firefox 3. 3. Deleting folder in Firefox 3 bookmarks for organising hangs Firefox 3. Best regards Syed Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/1.0.154.65 Safari/525.19 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives n...

Page.Validate() not validating custom validators
Hi,when i call Page.Validate("myGroup") The custom validators in the validation group myGroup  are not validated, i.e.  validator.IsValid returns true even if the validator failed on  page submit. code snippet: Page.Validate("ToolsImplementation"); foreach (IValidator validator in this.Validators) { if (!validator.IsValid) { //take action on validation failure } }   the code works fine except if valida...

I'm adding bookmark or folder into Personal toolbar Folder & FireFox 1.0.2 hangs up!
I'm adding bookmark in my extension: res = this._BookmarksSvc.createBookmarkInContainer( name, url, null, null , null, null, parent, -1 ); Or create folder: res = this._BookmarksSvc.createFolderInContainer( name, parent, -1 ); And everything works Ok. But if `parent' is `this._BookmarksSvc.getBookmarksToolbarFolder()', Firefox hangs and I need to kill it :( What do I do wrong? Can I add new folders & bookmarks into this folder? Bookmarks manager adds elenments into this folder without any problems! Lev Serebryakov Programmer JetBrai...

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

Validation control folders
Hi, I recently changed from the Web Matrix to VS.Net, and it seems that my onclick function is not working. I'm wondering if the problem might be with the page not being able to locate where that function is. Can anyone help? 'LogOffBtn_Click' is not a member of 'ASP.WebForm1_aspx'. <asp:button id="LogOffBtn" onclick="LogOffBtn_Click" runat="server" text="Log Off"></asp:button> hi, did you put the LogOffBtn_Click in the codebehind of the page or in the script? Basically, you can double click on the butotn and put...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

Web resources about - Hanging when DBF folder is not valid - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Hanging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Hanging is the lethal suspension of a person by a ligature . The Oxford English Dictionary states that hanging in this sense is "specifically ...

Hanging With Friends Free on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hanging With Friends Free on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

spider hanging Underside - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This really neat spider came in with the latest crop from the vegetable garden. It was very active and quickly spun a web from every surface ...

Austrian sunbather causes car pile-up after hanging naked out of her window!!! - YouTube
What a ledge-end! Austrian sunbather causes car pile-up after hanging naked out of her window A nude woman sunbathing in Austria caused a crash ...

Spate of rapes and hangings in India prompt calls for resignation
An Indian woman said Thursday she was gang-raped by four officers at a police station, the latest in a string of shocking sex attacks in the ...

Paris attack: Woman hanging from window in Bataclan laneway footage - AdelaideNow Search Search
THIS is the terrifying footage shot in a laneway outside Bataclan concert hall in Paris as revellers ran for their lives during Friday’s devastating ...

Australia Day Hanging Rock races: Photos
Mega gallery of pictures from the Australia Day race meeting at Hanging Rock.

Paris attack: Woman hanging from window in Bataclan laneway footage - The Courier-Mail Search Search
THIS is the terrifying footage shot in a laneway outside Bataclan concert hall in Paris as revellers ran for their lives during Friday’s devastating ...

Paris attack: Woman hanging from window in Bataclan laneway footage - DailyTelegraph Search Search