Getting data with dbGo?

OK, I've been preparing to begin a new project in Delphi2009.

My app will store data at run time in object instances (no dataaware controls linked to datasets). So, I'm wanting to know the most efficient way to connect to various RDBMSs, run a query, then move the data into the object instances using dbGo?

My current thoughts are I'll use a TADOConnection in a datamodule and run SQL statements via TADOQuery to get/edit/add data on the RDBMS. I had a two year vacation from RDBMS work and am trying to be sure I'm not missing a new and better way.
0
rich

If you are not using the data aware cpabilites of TadoQuery you will get a bit better performance using TadoConnection.execute method to run your queries.

> OK, I've been preparing to begin a new project in Delphi2009.
>
> My app will store data at run time in object instances (no dataaware controls linked to datasets). So, I'm wanting to know the most efficient way to connect to various RDBMSs, run a query, then move the data into the object instances using dbGo?
>
> My current thoughts are I'll use a TADOConnection in a datamodule and run SQL statements via TADOQuery to get/edit/add data on the RDBMS. I had a two year vacation from RDBMS work and am trying to be sure I'm not missing a new and better way.
0
Brian
1/20/2009 11:24:14 PM
> {quote:title=Brian Bushay wrote:}{quote}
> If you are not using the data aware cpabilites of TadoQuery you will get a bit better performance using TadoConnection.execute method to run your queries.

Thx, works good.
0
rich

Oracle NCLOB data getting truncated when using delphi ADO
I am using Delphi2007 and using ADO for data access. When trying to select nclob data from an Oracle database it generally works, but I have one query that is consitantly truncating the data at 12 characters. I have already been in touch with Oracle and they have confirmed that the OLEDB provider that is being used is correctly returning the data. Here is the query select ACT_KEY, COALESCE((SELECT LTX_TEXT FROM TEXT_TABLE WHERE LTX_TABLE='SOURCE_TABLE' AND LTX_TEXT_ID = 'ACT_DESC' AND LTX_TABLE_KEY = CAST(SOURCE_TABLE.ACT_KEY AS NVARCHAR2(10))),TO_NCLOB(ACT_DESC)) as A...

get data from Datagridview(gets data from SqlDataSource1)
 I got data from database into my datagridview via sqlDatasource1 i.e by using given tools, no programming et all.I want to access rows of each Gridview row separately and then show them in textboxes of my own choice, instead of in gridview. How can I do that? It works numberOfRows = datagridview.Rows.Count;but following doesn'ttextbox1.Text=datagridview.Rows[0].cells[1].Text;Dont know why it doesn;t?Then I tried to get data of this gridview to another but it didn;t work too.Help me plzzz.....I m stuck hereRegards,Mohsin Can you please post your GridView code? I have some cod...

How to get data from data base and display it in data grid
 hi,am having a connection to data base and now what i want is , how can i display the data from database and display it in my data grid.any sample code of 2 or 3 lines can be of great help. i know how do i get data for a drop down from data base  as below.List<CRoleBE> roleList = roleInterface.GetAllRoles();ddlBaseRole.Items.Add(new ListItem("Select any Role", "-1"));foreach (CRoleBE businessEntity in roleList){    ListItem item = new ListItem(businessEntity.Name, businessEntity.ID.ToString());    ddlBaseRole.Items.Add(i...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo)
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64 bit Windows environment (...

Getting data from data columns
 for now if i want to say retrive a field from a row, i use 1 SQLDataSource, 1 GridViewThen in the code it will be like Dim temp as String = GridView.Rows(0),Cells(5).Text, works but i need quite alot of redundant controls isit? how do i do it with say just 1 SQLDataSource or something else, classic ASP with SQL code, is a bit complex sometimes, although if thats the only way i don't mind, but state how to do it? i get quite blur when it comes to ASP with SQL, they by itself is still ok. Hello my friend, The SQLDataSource is good for simple get and display, but when you need to i...

Get Data From The Data Grid
Hi ...I tried to get the data from the data grid where the column is visible=false when edit the datagrid ...how to do tht ???I tried Dim a as string = e.item.cells(1).text, but the result is ""hope to receive your reply.thank you very much :)   Cheers,Cherie In Edit mode event hidden column contains the textbox with the text in it if you are using the BoundColumn. Try accessing that textbox Cheers Bug [MCSD] FYI, if you are using BoundColumnDim a as String = CType(e.Item.Cells(1).Controls(0),TextBox).Text TemplateColumnDim a as String = CType(e.Item.Cells(1...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Get Data from Data Grid
I have a gridview with one column and select enabled, I want to get the data from the selected row's column into a string. This should be fairly simple however I'ts not something that has been easy to find reference to.  You can get the value using this code   protected void GridView1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)    {        string strData = GridView1.SelectedRow.Cells[1].Text;    } You need to decide in which event of grid u want the value  Don't say thanks rathe...

Need to get whole data from data grid view into data table
Hi I have one gridview. which have some textboxes and some are data boud columns. I want to fetch whole the data in the gridview into one data set or datatable.And then insert that dataset or datatable into one other database table. Is there any way to do that. Please reply as soon as possible at max_ashu@yahoo.com and ashish.gautam@rbs.com  regards Ashish Gautam Hi,Can you check this article helps you http://www.aspdotnetcodes.com/GridView_Insert_Edit_Update_Delete.aspx. becoz they took data input from gridview control and insert into the database then display it again. p...

SOAP Delphi XE2: Binairy data gets corrupted
Hello to all, I've got a SOAP webservice (ISAPI) which compresses files using ZLib and then transfers this data to the client using an remotable object which has a published TByteDynArray property. This al works fine in Delphi 2007. But with Delphi XE2 I'm getting errors whe decompressing the data, because the data is no longer the same on the client site. When I use the Delphi 2007 webservice in combination with the Delphi XE2 client, every thing works Ok. But when I use the new Delphi XE2 webservice, I start receiving (sometimes randomly) malformed data. Does...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo) #2
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of a 32 bit application that uses ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64...

How to get Dybase Ado.net 2.0 data provider
Hi, I red a lot of topics about ado.net 2 Data provider for sybase but finally i didnt find what i intended . Where can I get this data provider? can i get it for free or not? and how much does it cost?? thank you very much Bossun Hi - It's available with ASE 15.0 on the PC Client CD-Rom (I think in current ESD release) and also if you have the Windows SDK (Software Developer's Kit) - SDK 15.0 ESD#10 and higher. It's not for free. If you don't have it please contact your sales representative, You can check www.sybase.com and check the &quo...

Do the ADO components (DBGo) come with the Professional version of Delphi 5
Delphi 5 professional version comes with ADO components? If not then how can i get these component and where? What are the other option available with delphi 5 professional version to connect the oracle database? narendra rathod wrote: > Delphi 5 professional version comes with ADO components? If not then how can i get these component and where? What are the other option available with delphi 5 professional version to connect the oracle database? My recollection is that ADO was an upsell for Delphi 5, and we've not sold it for a long time, maybe 10 years. Your only option in the...

Web resources about - Getting data with dbGo? - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Web App Lets You Use Your iPhone 6s As A Weighing Scale
With the launch of Apple’s latest iPhones , the Cupertino company also introduced a new feature called 3D Touch which measures how hard you’re ...

J.J. Abrams Opens Up About ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ Problems
Director J.J. Abrams successfully relaunched the Trek franchise with 2009’s Star Trek , and he left audiences excited to go on more adventures ...

Bernie Sanders Slams Federal Reserve Rate Hike
Today, the Federal Reserve announced that it was raising interest rates for the first time since 2006. Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is challenging ...

Sledding provision buried in $1.15 trillion federal spending deal
Today Congress announced a sprawling plan for spending and tax legislation that would prevent an encroaching government shutdown, while notably ...

Skype for Business launches on Android
Skype for Business has launched on Android following months in the company’s preview program. Skype has designed the app to maximize productivity ...

No Verdict Yet in Trial of Philly Gay Basher Kathryn Knott; Jury Has Questions – WATCH
After deliberating for a day the jury in the trial of accused Philly gay basher Kathryn Knott, the jury returned no verdict but asked for material ...

California proposes rules for self-driving cars
California motor vehicle department officials on Wednesday proposed self-driving car regulations that included mandating that a licensed driver ...

Exclusive: San Bernardino shooters buried in quiet funeral following Islamic rituals
Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, who opened fire on a San Bernardino holiday party earlier this month, were buried Tuesday in a quiet, ...

Here's the Full, Extremely Dumb Email That Shut Down the Entire L.A. Public School System
I cannot believe anyone took this email seriously: “I am a devout Muslim, and was once against violence, but I have teamed up with a local jihadist ...

‘Minecraft’ Holiday DLC Brings Santa’s Workshop to Windows 10
As the height of this year’s holiday season approaches, Mojang is giving Minecraft fans the chance to celebrate inside the game. Allowing users ...