Field datatype for Blob with ADO and MS SQL 2005

Hello

I need to store a structured datatype (TRecord) in a blob field in the sql database, in paradox I used datatype (binary) - what field datatype should be used with ms sql?

regards
Henrik
0
Henrik

> {quote:title=Henrik Nedergaard wrote:}{quote}
> Hello
>
> I need to store a structured datatype (TRecord) in a blob field in the sql database, in paradox I used datatype (binary) - what field datatype should be used with ms sql?
>
> regards
> Henrik

varbinary(max)

/Micke
0
Mikael

Connecting to MS-SQL-Express with ADO and Delphi 6
Hi, I have installed MS-SQL Express and created a database - Test1 - and a table within that database called Equipment with a few columns. I have created a new delphi 6 application with a TADOConnection component. When creating the connection string I have chosen the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server", then entered the server name as "mtpcname\SQLExpress1" and selected Windows NT Integrated security. Clicking the Test Connection button says that the connection was successful. However the drop down list to select the database on the server only list ...

Serious issues with D2010, ADO and MS SQL 2005 database.
Hello, I am running into some strange issues when trying to create simple db-based CHAT application. I have a client-side service app with a thread like this: constructor TInterOpMobileClientPingThread.Create(const UserName: AnsiString); begin inherited Create(True); FreeOnTerminate := True; FUserName := UserName; end; destructor TInterOpMobileClientPingThread.Destroy; begin Log('TInterOpMobileClientPingThread.Destroy'); //FChannel.Free; //FMessage.Free; inherited Destroy end; procedure TInterOpMobileClientPingThread.Execute; var vService: ...

MS-SQL 7.0 DBI/ADO Blob Data Types
Do you know of any issues with DBI, ADO (OLE DB) or DBD::ODBC doing updates to a MS-SQL 7.0 database that has some text "blob" columns? Are there any patches? I've never had any trouble with inserts to MS-SQL 7.0, except for occasional trunction errors, so I decided to use it for other things. Anyway, I have a table that I'm trying to do updates with that has two text "blob". I keep getting a timeout on the execute method. Changing the text fields to varchar works, but I need to come up with something that supports recordsets over 8k (not always an ea...

convert ado.net datatype to sql datatype
I have included the code that converts ado.net datatype to sql datatype. The columns belong to the dataset. However I want to know if there is a more direct method of dealing with this instead of multiple if then else or switch case statements.  If column.DataType.ToString = "System.Double" ThencolumnType.Add("bigint") ElseIf column.DataType.ToString = "System.String" ThencolumnType.Add("ntext") ElseIf column.DataType.ToString = "System.DateTime" ThencolumnType.Add("datetime") Else : columnType.Add(column.Dat...

[Delphi 2010] ADO - MS SQL Server 2000 - Tranasction
Hello! For the first time I try to use Transaction when connecting via ADO to an MS SQL 2000 Server. I open the Connection, I open the ADOTable, I start the transaction, I insert some records to the ADOTable, I committ the transaction and ... nothing is saved in the SQL Server. Any hints what I'm missing? Thanks in advance and regards, Klaus "Klaus Edelmann" <fritzfranz24@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:246769@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello! > > For the first time I try to use Transaction when connecting via ADO to an > ...

How to Upgrade MS-SQL 2005 Express Edition To MS-SQL 2005 Developers Edition
Hey, i am using VS2008 for development. I have already installed MS-SQL2005 Express Edition on my machine. I would like to upgrade it to Developer Edition. I have a few databases in Express Edition which i want to migrate to developer edition. So i was thinking if anyone could help me with upgrading my express edition to developer edition. I would highly appreciate it. ThanksJeff The simplest way is to just back your database(s) up, then restore them onto the Developer Edition instance of SQL Server....

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

Delphi, ADO, SQL Anywhere
This combination seem not to work together. I'm using D5 Enterprise, ASA 6.03 w/latest EBF On some tables it works. But most of the tables produce a message "An Error occured". As soon as data bound contols are used, the connection just gives errors. It seem to work fine, if I use client based cursors. But this option copys the server table to the local client. This is not acceptable for my large tables. It lasts several minutes on my pc. Are there plans to release a native OLE DB provider for ASA or at least to fix the ODBC driver so, that ADO can be used? I am very...

ADO MS SQL Disconnect how reconnect
I use a single ADOConnection for my SQL 2000 - SQL 2008 for my apps. When ths connection is lossed my clients have to end task the application. How can I determine if my ADO connection is dropped \ lost? I was setting up a timer to check the value AdoConnection.Connected value but it reports true even though connection is lost. So this does not work. How can I reEstablish my connection w/o exiting the app? Or at least to know when my connection is lost. Using Delphi 6\2007\2009 Thanks Larry Wall wrote: > How can I reEstablish my connection w/o exiting the app? > Or at least...

How to connect to SQL Server 2005 with ADO
Hello I am Asmy, I am peruvian, i do not know the english languaje very good, please excuse me. How to connect to a SQL Server database from a client PC using ADO components in Delphi 2010 or XE? Problem: I have a Server PC (Win 2003 Server R2 with SQL Server 2005 properly configured) I also have a development PC (Windows 7 with Delphi XE) I developed an application in Delphi XE under Win7 that connect to an instance of SQL Server in the [Server PC] using TADOConnection component with Microsoft Ole DB Provider for SQL Server, this run very good and retrieves information from de the dat...

how i will convert MS SQL Express Edition to MS SQL 2005
hi friend now i am using VS 2005 and MS SQL express edition as Database. i want to host the application. at server it will not support sql express edition. how i will convert .mdf file to MS SQL server 2005 please help me friends.abdul manzoor AOA Manzoor, There is no special requirement to convert MS SQL Express Database to SQL Server 2005 Database.. You can attach the SQL Express 2005 Database File (.mdf ) with the same database attachment procedure that we follow on SQL Server 2005 Database attachment , All you need is 1. Open the SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, Right Cl...

Web resources about - Field datatype for Blob with ADO and MS SQL 2005 - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Datatype generic programming in Scala
... level fixpoints and how it can be used to define generic abstractions like catamorphism and anamorphism . These are used extensively in datatype ...

Sabbatical week day 3: Raining datatypes
... 2: I fail at Octave (swizec.com) Learning me a Haskell (swizec.com) Non-Sabbatical (ringingtrue.net) How to insert a file to an Image datatype ...

Integer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) are formed by the natural numbers (including 0) ( 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 , ...) together with the negatives of the non-zero natural numbers ( −1 , −2, ...

CHARITY - Home Page
Charity is a categorical programming language currently beingdeveloped by The Charity Development Group in The Department of Computer Science ...

Adobe Director 11.5: Upgrade details
Accessibility Adobe Products Acrobat Creative Cloud Creative Suite Digital Marketing Suite Digital Publishing Suite Elements Photoshop Touch ...

Anzo Express - Cambridge Semantics
Semantic collaboration platform providing secure data integration, collaboration, and reporting in Microsoft Excel and on the Web.

Betting the Company on Windows 8
... and create something far less expensive than a PC which is powerful enough for Web browsing. This new platform would optimize for the datatypes ...

Q&A: SQL Date format for credit card - TechRepublic
Hi There, I am very new to MySQL and am creating a database for online payments etc. What datatype do I need to use for the credit card expiry ...

Data types - DBMS 2 : DataBase Management System Services
Analysis of data management technology optimized for specific datatypes, such as text, geospatial, object, RDF, or XML. Related subjects include: ...

Functional Programming with Python – Part 1
... instances wherein any modifications to the string result in a new String instance being created. Imagine the same happening to all the datatypes ...