Edit/Post not working

I'm using a TAdoDataSet to access a MS SQL Table.  I can perform appends,
but edit does not work.  I receive no errors,

Any ideas why I can append, but not edit?

Thanks,
Tom
0
Tom

"does not work"?????????

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

Thanks,
Tom

"Tom Woods" <twoods@gobaker.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a TAdoDataSet to access a MS SQL Table.  I can perform appends,
> but edit does not work.  I receive no errors,
>
> Any ideas why I can append, but not edit?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
0
Tom

FastScript in Delphi XE8
I am converting from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE8, and am now nearing the finish line, but have one remaining major roadblock: FastScript I use Fastscript very heavily as a way to allow our users to write scripts that can extend our software as much as they like, including creating forms and adding buttons. This is not working. A specific problem that I have, is that code that works great in Delphi 2006 does not work in Delphi XE8. Specifically, if my script contains a reference to a "TForm", or "TBitBtn" (as well as many other components), then FastScript will return ...

FastScript in Delphi XE8
*Edit: This is now solved, but I leave the original message below for reference. The solution was essentially to delete all traces of FastReports (That's "Reports", not "Script") from the computer, as it was interfering with FastScript. This was actually fairly involved to do, and we did it under the supervision of someone from FastScript tech support, who was extremely helpful. If you run into the problem described below, be sure to contact their technical support and see if maybe you are experiencin g the same issue, and how to resolve it. I hope this is helpfu...

What is with the " [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]" posts?
Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is okay. But, at least with my newsreader, Agent 6, longer threads tend to get broken into pieces, with "[Edit]" attached to the topic name. And sometimes longer threads then get [Edit] [Edit] and then [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] For example, here is a current thread: FastMM 4.96 available [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] How does this happen? Can I make them show up as one thread? Paul Doland wrote: > Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is > okay. But, at least with my...

ASA8 and Delphi ADO? Is it work?
Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with Delphi via ADO. ---------------------------------- Oleg Kovalevsky Moscow, Russia I haven't tested ASA8 with Delphi, but I'm using ASA7 with Delphi 5 and ADOExpress. There are some glitches, but ASA support has been very helpful with addressing the problems. On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:01:05 +0300, "Oleg Kovalevsky" <okovalevsky@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with >Delphi via ADO. > > >----------...

ADO error working with dbf [Edit]
MS win XP 32b prof. cz RAD8 (DELPHI XE) dbGO (ADO) working with DBF file error: AdoDBF: AdoDB.TADOConnection; ATable: AdoDB.TADOTable; .... AdoDBF:=AdoDB.TADOConnection.Create(self); AdoDBF.ConnectionString:='Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'+ ';Data Source=D:\data\'+ ';Extended Properties="dBase 5.0";'; AadoDBF.Connected:=True; // connected OK .... ATable:=TAdoTable.Create(Self); Atable.TableName:='VYSLEDKY.DBF'; Atable.Connection:=AdoDbf; ...

Delphi XE2 + Windows XP. Does it work? [Edit]
We want to migrate from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE2. Our OS is Windows XP. Does XE2 run on Windows XP? What are your experiences? Thanks, R. Edited by: Ronnie Smith on Jan 27, 2012 12:29 AM I bet it does. Windows Platforms The following Windows platforms are supported as development platforms: Microsoft® Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Microsoft Windows VistaTM SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit) requires administrator rights Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional (32-bit and 64-bit) SP2 or SP3 Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP1) or 2008 (32-bit and 64-bit) The latest service...

TreeView.Color Not Working
Hi All Anyone tried to set the TreeView.Color when the Project|Options|Application|Appearance is "Slate Classico" At design time its fine, but at runtime the Color is white. Any ideas why ? tia Changing the Appearence to something other than "Windows" also denies the font colour to be changed on a TLabel. ...

Does Edit->Find not work for newsgroup posts?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C6A4FC.225111D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm brand new Thunderbird user and can't figure out how to search thru = newsgroup posts for subjects with a particular word in them. Edit->Find->Search Messages works OK to find strings in email subjects = but when I search a newsgroup's messages, the search runs for a second = or two and then stops with no results. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C6A4FC.225111D0 Content-Typ...

ADO Connection not working if Delphi and Oracle not on same computer
I had Delphi working fine with Oracle using ADO when Oracle 11g is on the same pc as Delphi. I tried to use Delphi from another pc and I do not know what to enter for "Servername" on the Build connection string screen. Originally I had tough I needed to enter the computer name, aka Hostname. I also tried entering a name of the oracle instance or Oracle service, and also tried using this info in for format of hostname.service and \\hostname-service. Can someone help -is it just the computer name, is it the ip address, does it need the Oracle instance name? Thanks. steve Hel...

Textedit in RICH Mode
Hello. I'm using DNN 3.0.12. In my custom module I try to use Dotnetnuke.UI.Usercontrols.Texteditor. After load the module in DNN all it's ok : RICH mode of Texteditor is active and I can edit the main field. But after doing the POST (for example after clicking on simple button outside TextEditor) edit of the main fails is not working. When TextEditor is in BASIC mode - all works fine. Any ideas? :-) P.S. Adding the definiton of TextEditor (Protected WithEvents TextEditor As Dotnetnuke.UI.Usercontrols.TextEditor) doesn't solves the problem... This is my test code: ...

I Use C# at Work and Still Prefer Delphi [Edit]
I've been using C# and Visual Studio at work, but I still keep coming back to Delphi. Here what I think Delphi has over C# and VS. Some features I prefer/need: sets and set operations virtual constructors deterministic and virtual destructors virtual static methods messaged based method and DefaultHandler implementation through delegation assign and assignto property promotion published section access to source code examples of property editors, component editors, experts, design time support full library source code interface and implementation sections design time bina...

TQuery component does not work for me in Delphi Version 2010 [Edit]
Computer: Dell Inspiron 64 Bit. OS: Windows 7. I have a Data Module with many Tables and DataSource components on it and they are working fine but I need to sum a column my TDBGrid and to do this I have put a TQuery on the Data Module with the following SQL (TStrings): select sum(Parts."Ext") from Parts When I click on the Active option I get the following error message: "Permission denied. File or directory does not exist. File C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadareo\Rad Studio\7.0\bin\_QSQL000.DBF Table does not exist..." What am I doing wrong? Please ...

Web resources about - Edit/Post not working - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The working class (also lower class , labouring class , proletariat , or laboring class ) are those employed in lower tier, subordinate jobs. ...

MLC: School council 'working on stability' after controversy over staff departures
The school council of a Sydney private girls' school says it is &quot;actively working on stability for 2016 and beyond&quot; following controversy ...

Snapchat down for many, company says aware of problem and working on a fix
Snapchat Support has tweeted that it is aware that many users are “experiencing loading issues,” and says that it is working on a fix. Hi! Some ...

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... outlined how it is trying to build out the world’s largest social network, while still keeping emerging markets in mind. Facebook is working ...

Working remotely: Rewarding, but also challenging
... nearly half of developers (44 percent) value the opportunity to work remotely. It’s well known that developers value the perk of remote working, ...

comedian Brian Posehn working on "full metal" LP for Megaforce w/ Scott Ian, Gary Holt, Kim Thayil & ...
Comedian and serious metalhead Brian Posehn is apparently hard at work on a new metal/comedy album, following up his albums Fart and Wiener Jokes ...

Apple is working on a 'much improved' iPhone remote for the Apple TV
Apple is working on a "much improved" Remote app that lets anyone with an iPhone control an Apple TV, BuzzFeed News reports . "We're working ...

Snapchat suffers extended outage, working on a fix
Multiple users of the social network have turned to Twitter to express their frustrations over the outage that is stopping them from exchanging ...

Google is working on a wearable that could test diabetics' blood sugar levels
Google has filed a patent application for a wearable device that can test diabetics' blood sugar levels without the use of a needle. The application ...

Why Trump's Negativity Is Working
Trump repeatedly refers to others as stupid, morons, dummies and losers. It's an unusual strategy, but it seems to be working.