  what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages to get
Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32 bit and 64
bit computers? When Googling for stuff I keep getting older information plus
some comments that the Jet Engine is no longer fully supported for Windows
7 environments. Suggestions or links to good descriptions would be appreciated.

Bruce
0
Bruce

On 2012-09-19 16:13:51, Bruce Eglington wrote:

>   what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages
> to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32
> bit and 64 bit computers? When Googling for stuff I keep getting

Only DB-specific OLE DB or ODBC drivers that aren't built into Windows
(or Office, if that's not expected to be installed).

What kind of DBs are your programs connecting to?

--
Pax,

Anthony Frazier
Victor Printing, Inc.
0
Anthony
9/20/2012 3:22:27 PM
Hello Anthony Frazier afrazier AT victorptg DOT com,

at this stage, only Access type databases but Access itself will not be pre-installed
on the target computers.

Bruce

> On 2012-09-19 16:13:51, Bruce Eglington wrote:
>
>> what needs to deployed and provided by Installaware type packages
>> to get Delphi-based programs that use ADO to install on Windows 7 32
>> bit and 64 bit computers? When Googling for stuff I keep getting
> Only DB-specific OLE DB or ODBC drivers that aren't built into Windows
> (or Office, if that's not expected to be installed).
>
> What kind of DBs are your programs connecting to?
>
> Anthony Frazier
> Victor Printing, Inc.
0
Bruce
9/20/2012 6:07:02 PM
On 2012-09-20 14:07:02, Bruce Eglington wrote:

> at this stage, only Access type databases but Access itself will not
> be pre-installed on the target computers.

If Office isn't being installed at all on these systems, you may need
the Access Database Engine.

Office 2010 Edition:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

Office 2010 Edition:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734

You'll have to test to make sure you really need it though.  Generally
speaking though

--
Pax,

Anthony Frazier
Victor Printing, Inc.
0
Anthony

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises a "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank What are the version and build number of your server? Are you using the sample database or a database you created? If you created it, did you use the BLANK...

Oracle NCLOB data getting truncated when using delphi ADO
I am using Delphi2007 and using ADO for data access. When trying to select nclob data from an Oracle database it generally works, but I have one query that is consitantly truncating the data at 12 characters. I have already been in touch with Oracle and they have confirmed that the OLEDB provider that is being used is correctly returning the data. Here is the query select ACT_KEY, COALESCE((SELECT LTX_TEXT FROM TEXT_TABLE WHERE LTX_TABLE='SOURCE_TABLE' AND LTX_TEXT_ID = 'ACT_DESC' AND LTX_TABLE_KEY = CAST(SOURCE_TABLE.ACT_KEY AS NVARCHAR2(10))),TO_NCLOB(ACT_DESC)) as A...

Help TeamSybase: Cannot use ASA with Delphi via ADO #2
Hello, I just installed ASA 60 days trial and I am testing with Delphi 6 and ADO, using TADODataset components. I am getting the following problems: when I post any record, trailing blanks are inserted in every TStringField (VARCHAR in ASA). When I post records with TMemoField or TBlobField (LONG VARCHAR), it raises a "Count field incorrect". I did't see this behaviour in other servers. Regards, Frank ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

To use or not to use Delphi

Delphi, ADO, SQL Anywhere
This combination seem not to work together. I'm using D5 Enterprise, ASA 6.03 w/latest EBF On some tables it works. But most of the tables produce a message "An Error occured". As soon as data bound contols are used, the connection just gives errors. It seem to work fine, if I use client based cursors. But this option copys the server table to the local client. This is not acceptable for my large tables. It lasts several minutes on my pc. Are there plans to release a native OLE DB provider for ASA or at least to fix the ODBC driver so, that ADO can be used? I am very...

Delphi + Long Binary + ADO
How can I update a long binary field in an ASA6 database using Delphi + ADO (not ADOExpress)? I have the blob in a string, but when trying to update the field, I get an "invalid variant conversion" error. If I re-type the field to a long varchar, the update seems to work, but I concerned that this may be affected by code page selection. Do I have to worry about raw bytes written to a long varchar not coming back in exactly the same form? From the database side of things, a LONG VARCHAR and LONG BINARY should be treated exactly the same way. I might try posting this ...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Web resources about - Deploying Delphi software which uses ADO - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Buzz Aldrin deploying the Solar Wind Collector - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Buzz Aldrin is deploying the Solar Wind Collector (SWC), a foil sheet which he is pointing at the Sun. Note the word 'Shade' printed on the bottom ...

Quick guide - Deploying Windows 10 IoT Preview to Raspberry Pi 2 - YouTube
Detailed description: Quick walkthrough on how to deploy and configure Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT) Preview for a Raspberry Pi 2 device. ...

NATO 'totally' denies deploying troops near Russian border of Ukraine
NATO has denied Russian claims that it was planning to deploy massive numbers of troops near the country's border.

Tony Abbott Has Just Paid His First Visit To Iraq Since Deploying Troops To Fight Islamic State
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has paid his first visit to Baghdad and Iraq.

AusCERT 2013: Deploying BYOD in a government environment
Strong executive desire to use iPhones led the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities to start looking ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

US looks at deploying Australian warships in north Asia
The United States is working to integrate Australian warships into its ballistic-missile defence systems in North-east Asia, as it strives to ...

Other nations to follow Australia's success in deploying troops to Iraq
Britain, Canada and the Netherlands are using Australia's process for getting troops into Iraq as a template to authorise their own deployments. ...

Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ...
ABC Online Islamic State: Australia open to possibility of deploying more forces after Ramadi ... ABC Online Prime Minister Tony Abbott has ...

ISIS mission: Canada mulls deploying CF-18 jets to join U.S.-led strikes
The federal cabinet will meet next week to discuss deploying Canada's CF-18 fighter jets to join a U.S.-led campaign against the Islamic State ...