Delphi COM+ Component SQL Server 2012 login failure on Windows Server 2012

I have a COM+ component, written in Delphi XE2, that tries to connect to SQL Server 2012 on a Windows Server 2012 machine, but it fails and the SQL Server log shows an error 'Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided. [CLIENT: <named pipe>]'

I have confirmed (through logging in the COM+ component) that the connection string contains the correct password, which does work when I login to SSMS and when I use a test forms application, also written in Delphi XE2, to access the same database. The COM+ component also works correctly when using SQL Server 2012 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

I can get the COM+ component to access the database if I use 'Integrated Security=SSPI' but that is not the desired solution.

I have tried both SQLOLEDB and SQLNCLI11 providers, but neither worked.

I have also tried changing the identity for my COM+ application from Network Service to a domain administrator in case it was something to do with permissions for the COM+ component, but that didn't help.

Has anyone encountered this problem? or is there anything I could try to solve the issue or even get a better idea of what is going wrong?
0
Peter

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'WinFM SQL PFS'. Login fails.
HiASP pages were properly connecting to SQL DB until I restored from a backup DB.  As soon as I finished restoring from the backup DB, I am getting the following error message.   I did not make any changes on ASP side.  IIS Server and SQL 2K Server is running on a WIN2K Server Box.Please help.Thank you.HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP errorInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Error Type:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login...

Windows Authentication for Sql Server and ASP server on Different server but same Domain
Hi I want to use Windows Authentication to access my SQL server 2000 . I have my Sql Server and Server on which my Asp.net application lies on different servers how do I go ahead Thanks Hi A domain trust is a useful way to allow users from a trusted relationship domain to access services in a trusting domain, so the domain the SQL Server is in, trusts the domain that the requesting user is defined in. SQL Server will authenticate Windows credentials with it's domain controller. For cross domain authentication, domain controller controller should be able to aut...

Delphi 2007 on Windows 7 and SQL Server 2008
Hello, I installed Delphi 2007 on a new Windows 7 PC. Everything works fine... After installing SQL Server 2008 sp1 Delphi stop working at all. Everytime I run it I receive an EPackageRegistrationexception about the coreide100.bpl and the together bpl. After that Delphi don't start. I read something about to solve this problem and I already have tryied to manually register the borland.studio.interop.dll/tlb but nothing changed. Could some one give some suggestions to solve this blocking problem ? Thanks in advance, Davide Rubbiani ...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allo
My site works fine in VWD2008 express, but I get this error when I try to use it on my live website. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.  According to this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914277  I am supposed to: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Surface Area Configuration. Ok, th...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #3
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, Hi  I think you are trying to connect with remote server using windows authentication mode.Sql won't allow this ,so try to connect with server using sql authentication mode with(username and password)Happy ProgrammingShashi.  Check if this thread on the same discussion can help.http://forums.asp.net/p/1193329/2062685.aspx...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #2
I get the following error and have been trying to figure out why I keep getting it.  Initially, I had placed my project under wwwroot folder and ran it under IIS and it gave this error.  Then I moved it to my local C drive and same thing.  I am sharing this project with two other co-workers and all our config files and code files are same...they don't get this error but I do.  I checked that SQL Server Client Network Utility has TCP/IP and the 'Named Pipes' enabled.  I thought maybe I have setting in the Visual Studio 2005 that I'm not aware of that&#...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

Web resources about - Delphi COM+ Component SQL Server 2012 login failure on Windows Server 2012 - embarcadero.delphi.ado

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Samsung announces big profits for Q3 2015, driven by components business
... So beneficial was the weakened won that it translated to quarterly gains of approximately 800 billion won ($705 million), primarily from component ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...