Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

We have an application written in Delphi 6 Professional that uses ADO to access databases servers that may be on other PCs in our network.

We want to move to Delphi 2010 but can't decide if we need Professional or Enterprise. 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro?

Thanks,
Keith
0
Keith

> 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the
> ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro?

Yes.
0
Joachim
10/16/2009 11:35:27 AM
> {quote:title=Joachim Uersfeld wrote:}{quote}
> > 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the
> > ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro?
>
> Yes.

Thanks Joachim. Based on my experience with Delphi 6 that is what I had thought but it is good to have confirmation.

Keith
0
Keith

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Delphi 2010, ADO and Datamodule
I installed Delphi 2010 on a Windows 7 x64. I have build a few applications using a datamodule and several Adodatasets, connecting to a SQL server. Until Delphi 2009 everything worked fine. When I open the project with 2010, I get an error, stating it can not find something, it probebly is not installed corectly. I tried reïnstalling without any succes. Projects with the sam AdO conecctions but no Datamodule run fine. Any sugestions? Regards, Kees Flipsen Kees Flipsen wrote: > I get an error, stating it can not find something, Do you really expect someone to be able...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Web resources about - Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO - embarcadero.delphi.ado

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube