Delphi 2010, ADO and Datamodule

I installed Delphi 2010 on a Windows 7 x64.
I have build a few applications using a datamodule and several Adodatasets, connecting to a SQL server.
Until Delphi 2009 everything worked fine.

When I open the project with 2010, I get an error, stating it can not find something, it probebly is not installed corectly.
I tried reïnstalling without any succes.
Projects with the sam AdO conecctions but no Datamodule run fine.

Any sugestions?
Regards,
Kees Flipsen
0
Kees

Kees Flipsen wrote:

> I get an error, stating it can not find something,

Do you really expect someone to be able to diagnose your
problem with no more information than that? What is the
complete text of the error message.

Please remember that no one on the newsgroup knows anything
about your environment or what you are doing. We need the
most detailed explanation of the problem you can provide
before we can help.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Kees Flipsen wrote:}{quote}
> I installed Delphi 2010 on a Windows 7 x64.
> I have build a few applications using a datamodule and several Adodatasets, connecting to a SQL server.
> Until Delphi 2009 everything worked fine.
>
> When I open the project with 2010, I get an error, stating it can not find something, it probebly is not installed corectly.
> I tried reïnstalling without any succes.
> Projects with the sam AdO conecctions but no Datamodule run fine.
>
> Any sugestions?

Yes. Be more specific than "I get an error, stating it can not find something". I've never seen the IDE or compiler say "You have an error." with no more details, and it's also never said "I can't find something, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.".

What is the exact error message, and what is it saying specifically that it cannot find?

Expecting people to help without providing any useful information is a waste of time for both you and the people who take the time to try and help you. If you're not willing to do the little bit of work it takes to provide the information, why should be be willing to do the work to help? It's a waste of effort to play 20 questions trying to guess what the problem might be, when it's usually pretty easy with the details of the problem.
0
Ken
9/18/2009 6:13:55 PM
> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Kees Flipsen wrote:}{quote}
> > I installed Delphi 2010 on a Windows 7 x64.
> > I have build a few applications using a datamodule and several Adodatasets, connecting to a SQL server.
> > Until Delphi 2009 everything worked fine.
> >
> > When I open the project with 2010, I get an error, stating it can not find something, it probebly is not installed corectly.
> > I tried reïnstalling without any succes.
> > Projects with the sam AdO conecctions but no Datamodule run fine.
> >
> > Any sugestions?
>
> Yes. Be more specific than "I get an error, stating it can not find something". I've never seen the IDE or compiler say "You have an error." with no more details, and it's also never said "I can't find something, but I'm not going to tell you what it is.".
>
> What is the exact error message, and what is it saying specifically that it cannot find?
>
> Expecting people to help without providing any useful information is a waste of time for both you and the people who take the time to try and help you. If you're not willing to do the little bit of work it takes to provide the information, why should be be willing to do the work to help? It's a waste of effort to play 20 questions trying to guess what the problem might be, when it's usually pretty easy with the details of the problem.

Sorry I could not be more specific
I translated from dutch and it realy just said translated: "can not find application/component try reinstalling", at the details where a row of ADO procedures refering to lines at their source code.
the message repeated a few times and then Delphi continued.

Late night yesterday I found out the problem.
I installed ms-SQL 2008 Express on my machine, but the applications needed ms-SQL 2005 native client
After I installed ms-SQL 2005 Express everything worked just fine.
Thanks anyway.
0
Kees

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

[Delphi 2010] ADO - MS SQL Server 2000 - Tranasction
Hello! For the first time I try to use Transaction when connecting via ADO to an MS SQL 2000 Server. I open the Connection, I open the ADOTable, I start the transaction, I insert some records to the ADOTable, I committ the transaction and ... nothing is saved in the SQL Server. Any hints what I'm missing? Thanks in advance and regards, Klaus "Klaus Edelmann" <fritzfranz24@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:246769@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hello! > > For the first time I try to use Transaction when connecting via ADO to an > ...

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Web resources about - Delphi 2010, ADO and Datamodule - embarcadero.delphi.ado

dBase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
dBase II was the first widely used database management system (DBMS) for microcomputers . It is a relational database management system. It was ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

Module:category tree/topic cat/data - Wiktionary
This is the main data module for Module:category tree/topic cat . It does not contain data itself, but rather imports the data from its submodules, ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

Module:category tree/poscatboiler/data - Wiktionary
This is the main data module for Module:category tree/poscatboiler . It does not contain data itself, but rather imports the data from its submodules, ...