Delphi + dbGo +firebird + UTF8

Hi,
I have an application made with Delphi 2009 (same problem also on BDS2006)
that
works in multilanguage.

I have a FireBird 2 database
From delphi I connect to database using dbGo (ADOConnection) on Firebird
ODBC.

I'm unable to read or write Polish (same also with russian or other
different from ISO8859_1) characters.
If I write "leznc" I read "leznc" and so on.

Database is UTF8 and I can read and write in Polish using directly database
tools or connecting
to database from delphi using FIBPlus.

What's the problem? DbGo or the Firebird ODBC?

I need to migrate to multilanguage a very big application, that is using
DbGo, I don't want to change all
my database components to FIBPlus or others direct connectors.

Help me!!

Claudio Basso
Intercom Solutions
http://www.intercomsolutions.it
0
Claudio

I would look at the Firebird ODBC (control panel) DSN settings for the
dataabase in question, to see that it allows unicode encoding.

--
Regards,
-Steve Faleiro-

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo)
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64 bit Windows environment (...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo) #2
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of a 32 bit application that uses ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64...

Firebird UTF8 Blob Text and Delphi 2010 TMemo
Just converted a Firebird database from default charset 'NONE' to 'UTF8'. Got text out of blob fields and into TMemo components just fine using the D2007 version of my app when the charset was 'NONE', but now, in the D2010 app, I'm seeing square block characters in my TMemo components. I had been loading the blob text into a TStringList, then assigning TStringList.text to TMemo.text. Whats the correct way to get text from a UTF8 blob field to a Delphi 2010 TMemo? On 6/9/2010 11:43 AM, Gary Mrenak wrote: > Just converted a Firebird database from...

Delphi 2010 dbexpress firebird BLOB problem with UTF8
I have Delphi 2010 Enterprise and I am accessing a firebird database with UTF8 as default character set. I have added SQLConnection parameter to use UTF8: SqlConnection1.Params.Add('servercharset=UTF8'); I am able to read VarChar fields correctly. When I read BLOBs I get garbage such as this: 牦浯琠敨攠楤潴獲漠⁦桴⁥流牥 even though I know there is text in English. I have tried this: TWideMemoField(DataSet.FieldByName('NOTES')).AsString and this: TWideMemoField(DataSet.FieldByName('NOTES')).AsWideString and this: DataSet.FieldByName('NOTES').AsString with the s...

TDBXError malformed string (Delphi 2010, Firebird, UTF8)
Currently doing some tests with Delphi 2010 trial and firebird with the express driver from http://groups.google.com/group/dbxfirebird/ I ran into the following problem at first : I had a username and a password that is encrypted from inside my applicatio with AES. Encrypting, decrypting works fine. The moment i sent it to the database it got screwed up since it was not in UTF8. I created a new database UTF8, problem fixed. But the next problem came up. Whenever i try to save an empty string into a field i get TDBXError malformed string. When there is 1 character in my string everyt...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi + dbGo +firebird + UTF8 - embarcadero.delphi.ado