D2009 and adortl120 error with custom package

I have a package with components that descend from ADO components. When I
try to install the package under Delphi 2009, I now get a:

Cannot load package 'adortl120.' It contains unit 'ADODB,' which is also
contained in package 'MyPackage'.

My package compiles and builds fine, but this error is preventing
installation. Any ideas how to fix?

Bruce
0
Bruce

Hi Bruce,

sorry to bother you. I am having the same problem with my package. Did you fix it? if yes, would you mind to tell me how you did it.

Thank you very much for your help.

Donato.
0
Donato
9/22/2009 8:48:17 AM
> {quote:title=Donato Cappiello wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Bruce,
>
> sorry to bother you. I am having the same problem with my package. Did you fix it? if yes, would you mind to tell me how you did it.
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Donato.

I added a few items to the requires section of my two custom component packages and then they compiled and installed just fine.  I have two packages, one with design elements and one with runtime elements.  The design package requires section includes the following: rtl, vcl, designide, xmlrtl, vclactnband, vclx, dbrtl, adortl;  The runtime package requres section includes the following: vclx, vcl, rtl, dbrtl, VclSmp, mypackage_design, adortl;

You may need an entirely different set of files in your requires section(s) than me, so use caution when changing yours.  I would start by adding adortl and perhaps dbrtl and see if that works for you.

Good luck,
James
0
James
10/20/2009 9:52:24 PM
thank you very much James, it works!
0
Donato

Required package RTL not found Fatal Error message
Hi, i am trying to install a custom built Delphi component. When i attempt to compile the component i get a fatal error message of: [Fatal Error] MyComponent.dpk : Required package 'rtl' not found. This rtl is part of the component requires section. For the component i am unable to set the Runtime packages to 'Built with runtime pacakges', but the runtime packages contains the rtl in it. By the way, i am Delphi 6 and have just recently installed it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help will be much appreciated. BC. Christine Moore wrote: > ...

Delphi XE + TClientDataSet + ADO error
Hi, I have the error reported in this QC article: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88928 Anybody knows how to fix it ? Regards ...

Odd linker error with D2009 package
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '' referenced from C:\COMPONENTS\DRAGDROP\LIBRARY\DELPHI 12\DRAGDROPD12.LIB|DragDropPIDL I get the above error when trying to link a C++ project with the latest build of Anders Melander's drag/drop component suite. I've rebuilt his package with all C++ output files enabled. Note the empty string for the name of the unresolved external! Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start debugging this - I've got a TDUMP of the lib file, but am not sure what I should be looking for - I guess an EXTDEF with an empty n...

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

error error error

Custom errors, error handling
Hi, My application catches has a three different ways to catch errors. 1) All of my web forms intherit base class witch uses following error handling this.Error += new System.EventHandler(this.MyApp_Error) 2) But this cannot handle 404 errors for example. For that I am using customErrors in webconfig. But I would like to have more options and would like to record an error and not just redirect in case of an error. 3) Recently I added in global.asax an Application_Error that should replace errorhandling from (1). But if an error occurs inside an globax.asax then Application_Err...

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.
Hello to all, I have create a web setup using visual studio 2005 using some custom actions 1. create database at installation time. 2. create connection pool in IIS7 for vista. We need to install and run successfully on vista as well as earlier version of windows like xp, win server, etc. I develop and install web setup on my vista home premium machine. It installed successfully and works fine. I also tested it on XP and Windows server 2003. It works fine on every plateform. But when i install it to on my client machines, It succesfully installed and execute on xp machines but wh...

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

Logging Errors into custom error page
Hi,  In my application i want to log the errors into my custom errorpage.txt from global.asax file in Application_Error event. But when i am redirecting to some custom error page with defaultredirect attribute in my web.config file, it is not logging the errors into my custom errorpage. Please see the code below, does i need to give the physical path or the virtual path and more over what is problem, why it is not writing into error page when i am trying to redirect to my custom error page( <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="HTMLFiles/Exceptions.html" />...

How do you write the errors on a custome error page?
I'm lost. I know how to view errors on the page that created the error using the page_error event. How do you "see" the errors when using a custom error page? My web.config file looks like this: <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="AppError.aspx"> <error statusCode="404" redirect="NotFound.aspx" /> <error statusCode="500" redirect="Errors.aspx" /> </customErrors> <compilation debug="fal...

Catching error in custom error page
Hi, I am using "customErrors" tag in config file to redirect page exceptions to a custom error page. Now how could I get the source of error or stack trace inside the custom error page? What object is available to me in this page? Thanks. S.T. Checkout this post. Hope that helps Kashif...

custom error handling for application error
Hi check the following code i cant get any mail about the error on page  i don;t think there is some problem with sending and receving of mail but i think the code in global.asa file is not executed in application failure any suggestions.. Is there any other way to check if the code in global.asa is at any point executed thanx heaps Mrugesh      -----> Config file <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="errpage.aspx">   <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.aspx"/>&n...

Web resources about - D2009 and adortl120 error with custom package - embarcadero.delphi.ado