Create DataSets dynamically (at run-time)

I've seen some code samples that look a lot like my D2007 Enterprise code, but mine dies on the last line:

var TempDataSet: TADODataSet;
begin
TempDataSet.Create(nil);
TempDataSet.AutoCalcFields := False;
TempDataSet.ParamCheck := False;

Why can I set one property and not the other?  I also tested with setting the Connection property on that line, and it yields an access violation too.
0
Michael

Michael Verhagen wrote:

> TempDataSet.Create(nil);

That should be:

TempDataSet := TADODataSet.Create(nil);

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

Thanks so much for catching that.  Don't know how I overlooked that so many times.

> {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote}
> Michael Verhagen wrote:
>
> > TempDataSet.Create(nil);
>
> That should be:
>
> TempDataSet := TADODataSet.Create(nil);
>
> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Michael

Dynamically creating an object at run-time
Hiya! I have an interesting problem that I have been unable to solve. If anyone has any advice, I would be (almost) eternally grateful. Here is the situation: On a window I have a datawindow control (dw_original). I wish to dynamically create exact copies of this datawindow control at runtime. The number of these copies is not set, but is determined based on user actions. I assume I will have to create some sort of array to store the object references, but how do I create the objects? The data object is an external datawindow, so I don't need any transaction object for it...

Dynamic Run-Time Analysis of Delphi apps?
What tools or methods do people use to do dynamic run-time analysis of Delphi apps these days? There used to be some tools that would parse the source code and add Trace statements to all of your functions so you could figure out the run-time call graph and do execution timings. But I can't seem to find any. Ideally, this would be a compiler switch that would work in tandem with some specified classes to capture run-time data that could be analyzed later. At my present job, we have a rat's nest of DLLs, and it's ridiculously time-consuming to track down the source of erro...

getting dynamically created control properties at run time ?
In my C# webform I am dynamically creating few controls. How do I retrieve the properties of all those controls at run time ?? One of the handler of click event of a button needs such information. This click event is obviously raised after all the dynamically generated controls are rendered on the screen. Maybe I'm missing something, but if you create the controls dynamically, you have the properties available to you? How are you adding them to the form?http://www.rocksthoughts.comhttp://www.jumpstarttv.com - Free Technical Videos! the controls are being created in a loop. ...

Dynamically create an ajax control extender (sliderExtender) at run time
I am to create an ajax control extender (sliderExtender v1.0.61025) at run time using the code below in the Load event of an update panel. ph1 is the place holder I am trying to populate. When i run the code i get the following error   Message="The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% ... %>)."  Source="System.Web"  ErrorCode=-2147467259  Does anyone have any ideas? Protected Sub UpdatePanel1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles UpdatePanel1.Load ...

adding event handlerers at run time to dynamically created linkButtons
Dear All,I'm getting data out from an SQl serv db in a loop, adding some data as text of a linkButton.Text and some to a panel, then adding these two sets of controls to a placeholder until the loop ends.I want to add an event handler to each dynamically created linkButton so that I can click on them and run a sub accordingly.How do I add the evenhandlerers at run time as when I try the:AddHandler myLinkButton.Command, AddressOf myLinkButton_commandNothing really happens.Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! I've spent many hours trying to do what you are trying, namely: 1) create d...

Retrieving Text from Dynamic TextBox (Created at Run-Time, not in Init event)
Hi all, I have an Ajax related FindControl & retrieving text values questions which are bothering me. (Selection Method) -> I have an UpdatePanel and a PlaceHolder in it. I dynamically add Labels with respective dynamic Textboxes. All these dynamic allocations happen when a selection event triggers.                                 I use List<TextBox> to store the text boxes added and all the a...

Please guide
Hi, I am creating dynamic panels and each of these panels have an image and a button. I would like to show a modal popup when the button of the panel is clicked. Contents of popup depend on which button was clicked. I would sincerely appreciate if some one could guide me if this is possible with Ajax and AjaxControltoolkit. Till now I tried to create modalpopupextended dynamically in the click event of button and page fails with an error message that TargetControl could not be found. Please guide. Regards & thanks Kapil    Hi Kapil, Unfortunately, the ModalPopup must h...

Creating An Event For A control that I created at Run Time
I am writing a small game for learning purposes.  I have a class called Tile.  This Tile class has a few properties and one of the properties is a Label control.  See code below. class Tile { //properties //==================================== #regionprivate int _intLocation; private bool _bolFaceDown;private bool _bolUsed; private int _intImageId; public Label lblTile; #endregion //====================================     I am using a Label control to hold a gif and I want to write code in an event handler when the user click on the label.  Norma...

Creating pages with dynamically created links using strongly typed datasets
I have a database that stores information about pdf files available for download on our website.  The db stores lots of info, but primarily what I am interested in is using the filepaths retrieved from the database to create downloadable links on product pages.  I have a strongly typed dataset, a BLL, and stored procedures to retrieve documents based on different parmeters (e.g. documents by product, documents by product and document type, documents by product, product line and document type).  On my aspx pages I will have product pages that describe the products an...

Create in Run Time
Hi I'm beginer in ASP.NET I would like to Know how i create a Button(NO htmlbUTTON) in RunTime. I use VB.NET Thanks TIAGO Do you mean you want to create server button? If, the code is straightforward: Sub handleEvent2(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Response.Write("<h3>button clicked</h3>") End Sub Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 'Put user code to initialize the page here Dim b As New WebControls.Button b.I...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

DataGrid.ItemCommand() doesn't run when the DataGrid was created in run-time
Hi, there I new a DataGrid in run-time, then add some BoundColumns and a ButtonColumn, but the Button_Click doesn't run when I click it. If create in design-time, it's OK. Why? Thanks... DataGrid MyDataGrid = new DataGrid(); MyDataGrid.ItemCommand += new System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventHandler(this.MyDataGrid_ItemCommand); private void MyDataGrid_ItemCommand(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e) { ...... } ...

How can I create xsd file at run-time for creating datatable which included table structure ?
Generally We can create dataSet from XSD file by drag real table on SQL Server in Server Explorer to xsd file after that we can create dataSet from the following xsd file     So  How can I create xsd file at run-time for creating datatable which included table structure ?   Please help me ???   By this way you can create a XSD. Are you in need of this one. SqlConnection Con = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["iGoldWebConnectionString"].ConnectionString); Con.Open(); SqlDataAdapter Da = new SqlDataAdapter("select Name, Value...

it's running on design time but not run time.
Code is like that. This code is running on desing time.. but it is not running on run time. Exception is "ComException:An operations error occured." After "search.findOne(); " exception occured. Probably reason is security.. but What's wrong? Thanks for advice. Code lines: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------System.Security.Principal.WindowsImpersonationContext impersonationContext = ((System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity)Page.User.Identity).Impersonate(); Session["UserName...

Web resources about - Create DataSets dynamically (at run-time) - embarcadero.delphi.ado