Connection Problem using ADOConnection to Oracle 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0

Hello,

I am using Delphi 2007 with the ADOConnection and ADOQuery objects to read
and write data to an Oracle 10g Express Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 database.
Reading and writing all goes fine when running from the IDE.  On a random
basis however, when the ADO connection is first attempted to the remote
Oracle server, the IDE will stop (event though no break points were
assigned) at the following location:

        ntdll.DbgBreakPoint:
       77337DFE CC               int 3
--> 77337DFF C3               ret
       ntdll.RtlInitString:
       77337E00 57               push edi

I can select run 3 times, with the IDE stopping at this same point each
time, and then the program will continue normally.  The connection is opened
and closed several times through normal operation but this break point only
happens on a random basis when the connection is first opened.

The real problem is when you try to run the application standalone outside
of the IDE.  Many times, the program will lock up when the initial
connection is attempted.  The application is taking about 25% cpu and never
recovers.

I am using the Oracle Provider for OLE DB provider.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg Dunn
-1
Greg

Hi Greg

> 10.2.0.1.0 database

This is too "raw" release. Upgrade to the latest 10.2.

>        ntdll.DbgBreakPoint:

That is "classic" Oracle client "issue". Sometimes Oracle
developers leave software breakpoints in the client code <g>

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev

Greg Dunn