Calling an Oracle 10g function with a NUMBER return

I am trying to get a return value from an Oracle 10g database function that accepts a group of string parameters and returns a NUMBER value using a TADOStoredProc in D2007 (win32). I've tried using both the Oracle 9 provider and the MS provider for Oracle. I either get access violation or it returns a zero. I've disabled BCD so I should be getting a valid Double.

The data that I'm passing to the function does get posted (It's an logging function) but I need the return as it's the key for completing the log when the program terminates.

I've tested a function call that returns a string and it works just fine.

TIA.
0
Charles

My error. I haven't been coding for a while and forgot the correct syntax.
0
Charles

PB 10.5.1 Build 6021 , Oracle 10g server , Oracle 8i client. Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated
Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated. Similar Support Case : CR Number: 386424 Case Number: 11158124 I tried Disableunicode = 1 and not working .Is there any other workaround for oracle 8i client. That case was for Oracle 9i server and 8i client. There was a second workaround which was to use the Oracle 9i client. Not sure if that would work for you since you're on Oracle 10g server. > Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last > character is getting truncated. > > Simi...

How To call Oracle function from ADO.NET?
How To call Oracle function from ADO.NET? The simple function takes 2 integer arguments and returns string. I want to call this function from my C# code. Thanks the sql would be select function(param1,param2) as result from dual; where function is your function, an param* are your two arguements. The result will come back as recordset("result"). Best not use result because it could quite easily be reserved word. Hi, Or you can use ExecuteNonQuery and access the return param directly. Example follows. Greg /* create or replace function myf...

Problem calling an Oracle function with a return value
Hi, Vitals.... Win2000 PB6.5 Oracle 8.05 I am attepting to fire off an oracle function, via PB, that will do an insert (among other things) and then return the primary key of the transaction it just inserted. I have attempted (unsuccessfully!) to code it using the Dynamic SQL Format #3 (code below). I keep receiving "Procedure has not been executed or has no results". Code: DECLARE mo_load DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA; ls_sql = "imf_create_im_master_order(" + string(idb_location_id) + ", " + & string(ldb_order_frequency_pk) + ",...

Oracle function call from C#, return DataSet? Pipelined
Got one for the Oracle/C# gurus.  I have a function setup in my Oracle 10G database that returns a pipelined dataset.  The function takes one input parameter in VARCHAR2 format, and runs fine from TOAD.  I'm using .NET 2.0 and System.Data.OracleClient, and this is the code in question:   1 DataTable dt = new DataTable(); 2 3 OracleConnection Conn = new OracleConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["ConnectionString"].ConnectionString); 4 OracleCommand DbComm = new OracleCommand("SCHEMA.MYFUNCTION", Conn); 5 DbCo...

How can i call a Oracle Function which return value is user defined record? SOS !!!!!
Package and Function: SPEC CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE PACKAGE_SUHUATEST AStype resp is record (resp_key varchar(30), app_name varchar2(15)); type resp_tab is table of resp INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; FUNCTION MyFunction(invar in varchar) return resp_tab ;  END PACKAGE_SUHUATEST;/   BODY CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY MVL_SOX.PACKAGE_SUHUATEST AS   FUNCTION MyFunction(invar in varchar) return resp_tab  IS  record1 resp;  record2  resp;  allresult resp_tab;  BEGIN    record1.resp_key :='key1';    record1...

Calling Oracle Stored Function calls using JDBC?
To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app on Appeon. Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from PB using JDBC. Some sample code would be apprecaited.. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

Using RPCFUNC when calling Oracle Procedures/Functions in Oracle PACKAGES
I have looked at the documentation that I have, and found that RPCFUNC is the recommended option to call remote stored procedures. Does this, however, also work with Oracle packages (functions and procedures within an Oracle package)? I have done the following: 1. Created a user object (uo_transaction) inherited from transaction and had the following on its Decalre Local External Functions: FUNCTION string get_ins_address_zid(string address_type_zid, string address_line1, string address_line2, string address_line3, string brgy_zid) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "MAPI_CENTRAL.TBPKG__A...

Why does Web.PB keep calling function that return blobs until the return is null?
Does anybody know a good reason why Web.PB keeps calling a blob returning function until the function returns (null)? I can see how this might be a convienence in some situations but if I designed Web.PB, I wouldn't have thought to do this. The f_retrieve_picture in u_web_examples has a comment that reads: /* Web.pb functions with a blob datatype will be called repeatedly until a Null blob is returned. This is to allow you the ability to stream the amount of data sent back with each request. Once your function has completed its output, return...

Anyone have PB9 called Oracle SP that calls c that returns values successfully?
Asking this for a coworker who's going crazy trying to figure out the problem He has PB9 calling Oracle SP that's calling a c function that was compiled using Oracle Pro C/C++ Precompiler. He's wanting the out variables returning data but they don't. I'm not really familiar with the Oracle parameter types so I'm not sure what the problem is: -- the sp as defined in our oracle 9i db CREATE OR REPLACE function job_description(is_spw varchar2, is_suserid varchar2, li_study_seq binary_integer, ls_survey_type varchar2, ls_item varchar2, ls_case_grp varchar2,...

Oracle function call
------=_NextPart_000_512F_01C54762.D2410210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Disclaimer:=20 This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that = is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers. = Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The = information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is = addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you = are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disse...

how to call an oracle function
how do i call an oracle function from a c# asp.net application? i need to call: ops$sqltime.pa_new_job_no_fn which should return the next job_no. given a project_no. thanks in advance. // not tested, but should work OracleCommand cmd       = new OracleCommand("ops$sqltime.pa_new_job_no_fn","connection_string"); cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; OracleParameter p_number = new OracleParameter(); p_numberl.OracleDbType = OracleDbType.Decimal; p_number.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue; cmd.Parameters.Add(p_number); // open databas...

call oracle function
hi there I have a select statement (oracle) in a datawindow. in this sql statement I want to use a function I have defined in oracle. With SQL+ I can execute this function without any problem. But in a datawindow there happens nothing. no error and the other select data are displayed correctly. only the data from the functio is null?????? Any help ? Thank you Markus Works for us when the function returns a valid value when called with appropriate arguments. Can you run the SQL [not just the function call] from SQL+? Please post the SQL from the datawindow and the funct...

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Web resources about - Calling an Oracle 10g function with a NUMBER return - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
... their fit, less TV-addicted counterparts. In particular, couch potatoes had slightly lower brain processing speeds and worse executive function, ...

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
... One object enters, one object leaves! What I like about F# is that the language designers took a similar approach when they implemented functions. ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...