ADOConnection over VPN intermittently hangs???

Working remotely I have established a VPN to my office network.  In testing Delphi 2009 development over the VPN I have an intermittent hang with the ADOConnection.

I have a simple form with only a TADOConnection control.  In the IDE I can build the connection string and test the connection successfully.  When I run the application outside of the IDE, it seems to work fine (no hangs). However when I run this simple app in the IDE, intermittently the application hangs at 100% CPU usage and I have to end task on Delphi.

Any ideas as to what might be happening?

Thanks,
Cory
0
Cory

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

How to report intermittent hangs
I'm running Firefox 4RC1 and I've seen some hangs which require killing firefox. They are not reproducible. I suspect it would be useful if I could "convert" the hang to a crash to it got reported, but I don't know how to do that. I'm running on WXP. Any thoughts. On Linux and Mac OS X, you can "kill -SEGV `pidof firefox-bin`" to force a segfault which will generate a crash report from the hanging process. Unfortunately I don't know the Windows equivalent, but perhaps one exists... On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Millwood <marcausl...

Delphi 5 with ADO
Hi I'm having some problems adjusting a Delphi5/MSSQL database application, which i did not wrote (what's more: i'm not a Delphi expert either) so i thought maybe someone in this comunity will enlighten me. It' about an SQL command which is issued by this delphi5 application (the sql command was traced in SQL server with profiler), but which is nowhere to be found in the souce code. I've searched already all the components which i knew that could issue the SQL command (TADOQuery, TADOCommand) but with no l uck. Could anyone tell me other misterious places where i shou...

ASA7, ADO and Delphi
Hello! I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO with Delphi 5. Everytime I set the ADOConnection active I get the error "Invalid enum value". I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and ASA7 with EBF #449. Is there anybody who ever get an ADOConnection to ASA7 with Delphi 5? Gruesse, Matthias I'm using C++ Builder 5 and get the same problem. I've asked this question before and no one seems to be able to respond... Matthias Hovestadt wrote: > Hello! > > I've got a problem with accessing a database via ADO > with Delp...

ADO and ODBC Intermittent Problems
We have a stored procedure that has worked successfully for almost a year. We are currently using Sybase System 10 driver and are on Sybase ASE 11.9.2.3. About 3 months ago we started having intermittent problems with some of our stored procedures that were using ADO. We received the following message: Error while updating forms for request #1725. Error -2147467259 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Insufficient information to connect to the data source. from Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers If we'd run this same stored procedure using something that did not ...

Firefox 3 hangs intermittently
Name: Anders Feder Email: miscdotandersatfederdotdk Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 hangs intermittently Comments: Under Ubuntu, while accessing any web pages, Firefox will hang and not respond to immediate user input, sometimes long enough for the Compiz desaturate plugin to activate and show Firefox as hung - sometimes for seconds, sometimes several minutes, sometimes until the user gets too impatient and terminate the application by force. Not all websites display this behaviour, and it's not repeatable by going to particular websites. Any of them may or may not...

XP Hangs intermittently after login
Hi, Dell Optiplex GX150,260 and 270's.NetWare Client 4.9sp2, XP sp1a. intermittently, normally after a reasonably long period of inactivity, users can enter their usernames and passwords and after login everything will hang. Explorer does not load, no icons painted, and we can't do a ctrl+alt+del. Only a reboot resolves the problem. Any help will be gratefully received!!! Richard Do you have any policies being pushed via Zen or have Roaming profiles? Is this an IP only client? If so is SLP setup? And is your DNS working correctly? -- Ben S. How do y...

Firefox intermittent hang at close
running w2k_sp4 & Firefox PR1.01 aka /0.10.1 also running sysinternals process explorer 8.52. past several days I have noticed that *sometimes* not always, when I close Fx it immediately disappears from screen as expected, but then I notice procexp shows something is running cpu 50% and it has been Fx. Fx has no open ports, but procexp clearly shows that firefox process is still open & running something. I kill firefox process with procexp and then it does immediately and fully close. this is relatively new and may have started after the Firefox patch update of a few days...

Delphi + Long Binary + ADO
How can I update a long binary field in an ASA6 database using Delphi + ADO (not ADOExpress)? I have the blob in a string, but when trying to update the field, I get an "invalid variant conversion" error. If I re-type the field to a long varchar, the update seems to work, but I concerned that this may be affected by code page selection. Do I have to worry about raw bytes written to a long varchar not coming back in exactly the same form? From the database side of things, a LONG VARCHAR and LONG BINARY should be treated exactly the same way. I might try posting this ...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

Delphi, ADO, SQL Anywhere
This combination seem not to work together. I'm using D5 Enterprise, ASA 6.03 w/latest EBF On some tables it works. But most of the tables produce a message "An Error occured". As soon as data bound contols are used, the connection just gives errors. It seem to work fine, if I use client based cursors. But this option copys the server table to the local client. This is not acceptable for my large tables. It lasts several minutes on my pc. Are there plans to release a native OLE DB provider for ASA or at least to fix the ODBC driver so, that ADO can be used? I am very...

VS2008 hangs intermittently on Vista
Good dayI am using VS2008 on Windows Vista for developing an ASP.NET/Ajax application. Every couple of seconds, while I am editing the HTML part of a .aspx page, the IDE hangs for an average of about 15 seconds.I have already installed the hotfix rollup (KB946581), but there was no major improvement.Does anybody else experience this? Thanx  emile.cronje:Good dayI am using VS2008 on Windows Vista for developing an ASP.NET/Ajax application. Every couple of seconds, while I am editing the HTML part of a .aspx page, the IDE hangs for an average of about 15 seconds.I have already ins...

Web resources about - ADOConnection over VPN intermittently hangs??? - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Ty Burr reviews “X-Men: Days of Future Past”: This is what the new Spider-Man movie should feel like.

The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently a Problem?
... interested in some LEED support. You can contact him at: victorprovenzano1@gmail.com The Intermittency of Wind and Solar: Is It Only Intermittently ...

LinkedIn Web site goes down intermittently
The social networking site suffered from at least two brief outages this morning.

Google Talk Having Issues, Working Intermittently - Geekosystem
Google Talk has been having issues all of this morning for the majority of users. The application's status dashboard notes a disruption starting ...

Village Post Office Intermittently Closed
Resignation prompts intermittent closure of post office at remote Alaska island village

MacBook Air & Pro Update 2.0 Available Intermittently
... Excerpt of Page / Article Apple released MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 on Thursday, but that update has only been accessible intermittently. ...

Kyle Smith: Intermittently brilliant Tarantino flick ‘Django Unchained’ rehashes ‘Inglourious Basterds’ ...
‘django Unchained” might have been a revelation in 2005. But after Quentin Tarantino and others have spent years spoofing ’60s and ’70s genre ...

Poor Little Rich Christian: Hulu’s Intermittently-Insightful “Rev.”
“First let’s say morning prayer. But let’s say it quietly, in case somebody here has got a hangover.” That’s from the first episode of Rev . ...

I-676 Will Be Closed Intermittently Over the Next Week
The Vine Street Expressway will be closed overnight — tonight and all next week — as part of a $64.8 million bridge replacement project.

Writing intermittently
Oh, readers. Is there anything I can say that will appease you? Thank you for the inquiries, the orders, and the pleading tones. I swear, I’m ...