ADO to read mail from Exchange 2003 server

Hello,

I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this
using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me?

Thanks in advance,
Herman
0
Herman

> {quote:title=Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this
> using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me?

There is an Ole db provider for Exchange so you should be able to do it.

Here is the Microsoft reference for queries
Brian
8/26/2008 12:30:42 AM
Dear Brian,

I read the article and there came extra questions to my mind.
1st they refer to SQL Server, does this mean it has to be installed on
the Exchange server or is it part of Exchange?

2nd Reading next part
<from site>
EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'exchange',
'Exchange OLE DB provider',
'exoledb.DataSource.1',
'file:\\.\backofficestorage\localhost\public folders'
</from site>
it suggests I nead a 'Exchange OLE DB provider' which I can not find in
my D6 Enterprise edition, how do I obtain this?

Thanks in advance
Herman

Brian Bushay schreef:
>> {quote:title=Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:}{quote}
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this
>> using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me?
>>
> There is an Ole db provider for Exchange so you should be able to do it.
>
> Here is the Microsoft reference for queries
Herman
8/27/2008 6:18:53 AM
Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:

> Dear Brian,
>
> I read the article and there came extra questions to my mind.
> 1st they refer to SQL Server, does this mean it has to be installed
> on the Exchange server or is it part of Exchange?

No if you take a closer look the group you are reading is titled oledb
providers tested with SQL server for distributed transactions. In short
the oledb provider has nothing to do with the exchange oledb provider.

> 2nd Reading next part
> <from site>
> EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'exchange',
> 'Exchange OLE DB provider',
> 'exoledb.DataSource.1',
> 'file:\\.\backofficestorage\localhost\public folders'
> </from site>
> it suggests I nead a 'Exchange OLE DB provider' which I can not find
> in my D6 Enterprise edition, how do I obtain this?

Well D6 enterpise does not included any oledb driver at all you have to
download them with the products.
In your case the exchange oledb provider is shipped either with
exchange server or with exchange SDK. In any case take a look at
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms876455(EXCHG.65).aspx
for more information on exchange server ole db provider.

regards
Yannis.
--
"Don't be so humble - you are not that great."
-- Golda Meir (1898-1978) to a visiting diplomat

This helps,

Regards
Herman

YANNIS KOZIKOPULOS schreef:
> Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:
>
>> Dear Brian,
>>
>> I read the article and there came extra questions to my mind.
>> 1st they refer to SQL Server, does this mean it has to be installed
>> on the Exchange server or is it part of Exchange?
>
> No if you take a closer look the group you are reading is titled oledb
> providers tested with SQL server for distributed transactions. In short
> the oledb provider has nothing to do with the exchange oledb provider.
>
>> 2nd Reading next part
>> <from site>
>> EXEC sp_addlinkedserver 'exchange',
>> 'Exchange OLE DB provider',
>> 'exoledb.DataSource.1',
>> 'file:\\.\backofficestorage\localhost\public folders'
>> </from site>
>> it suggests I nead a 'Exchange OLE DB provider' which I can not find
>> in my D6 Enterprise edition, how do I obtain this?
>
> Well D6 enterpise does not included any oledb driver at all you have to
> download them with the products.
> In your case the exchange oledb provider is shipped either with
> exchange server or with exchange SDK. In any case take a look at
>   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms876455(EXCHG.65).aspx
> for more information on exchange server ole db provider.
>
> regards
> Yannis.
0
Herman

Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
What's the proper way to do this? I can't seem to find any simple answer to this...anybody got one? ;)Erik PorterChannel 9 Dev Team...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

Read mail directly from Exchange server
Hello, I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in Exchange. At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for this. Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this? Thanks in advance Herman Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote: > Hello, > > I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in > Exchange. > > At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But > I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSO...

Using ASP.NET for Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003
We are looking for a ASP or ASP.NET web application solution that we can use to manage our Windows Server 2003 Forest(s) and Exchange Server 2003 Orgs. So my question really is what product do I use to get my solution.  Thank You, Aaron Venson...

Reading emails from an exchange server 2003 in c#
i am trying to read mails from exchang server, can any one help me out       Thanks ...

Sending mail thorugh Windows 2003 exchange server
I have set up my Bugzilla install but whilst setting it up there was not an available exchange server so I had nowhere to route the emails. =20 Having now set up my exchange server on a separate physical server I now need to change the settings but am not able to find how to do so? Am I being stupid? ...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

Exchange 2003 IMAP stuck Checking mail server capabilities
Had to go chasing rabbits over the last few days to figure out why 31.8.0 and 38.1.0 wouldn't work with an old Exchange Server 2003 account via IMAP. Given that there really isn't any way to improve the SSL3 configuration on a production Windows Server 2003 box, my ultimate solution was to set: security.ssl3.rsa_des_ede3_sha;false I hope that helps somebody. Follow-ups to private mail, please. I do not monitor the newsgroup and am only posting so that somebody facing the same exact issue will have an easier time solving the problem. Cheers, trane -- /////////...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Web resources about - ADO to read mail from Exchange 2003 server - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Medium of exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A medium of exchange is an intermediary used in trade to avoid the inconveniences of a pure barter system. By contrast, as William Stanley Jevons ...

China busts illegal foreign exchange network
The Australian China busts illegal foreign exchange network The Australian Police and the People's Daily newspaper said the gangs used accounts ...

Plan for new US stock exchange stirs furious debate
A proposal to create the first new American stock exchange in five years has set off a fierce debate over how to solve problems created by increasingly ...

Readdle’s Spark email app now supports Microsoft Exchange
... types that Spark supports, you can use the app with your accounts on Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook, IMAP, and as of today, Microsoft Exchange. ...

Friday Recipe Exchange: Bourbon Beef Stew
Hoping this works tonight and all the posts don’t end up looking like stew or Bixby’s foot. From the blog : Just got back from an awesome play ...

Nokia Says France Approves Exchange Offer for Alcatel-Lucent Shares
... of Nokia (NOK) are up a penny at $7.26, after the company this morning said it received approval from French authorities for its offer to exchange ...

Baker, Moulton exchange sharp words over refugees - The Boston Globe Baker, Moulton exchange sharp words ...
... comment that he was “not interested in accepting refugees from Syria.” Governor Charlie Baker and US Representative Seth Moulton exchanged sharp ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
Photo Credit: U.S. Naval War College Studying abroad has never been more vital for U.S. students. In a week filled with tragic news across ...

Fed's Fischer: "The Transmission of Exchange Rate Changes to Output and Inflation"
From Fed Vice Chair Stanley Fischer The Transmission of Exchange Rate Changes to Output and Inflation . An excerpt on the strong dollar and inflation: ...

Clinton, Sanders Wall Street exchange is top moment on Facebook
Terrorism and ISIS topped Facebook's list of most discussed issues during the Democratic debate