ADO-Interface not supported

Hello,

I am working with Borland developer Studio 2006 (german) on a PC with MS Windows XP SP3 installed. The PC
had to be installed new because the harddrive crashed. After the new installation, all ADO-components in my programs will be ignored with the message "Interface nicht unterstützt" (I think it is "Interface not supported" in English).
With a "test.udl"-file on the desktop I can establish a connection to a "*.mdb"-file with the OLE Jet 4.0 driver, so I think it is not a Windows-problem, but an installation-problem of BDS, perhaps a missing registry-entry or something like this.
Has anyone an idea what I can do or does anyone knows, how BDS checks for this interface?

Grettings from Germany

Peter
0
Peter

Have you tried explicitly (re)installing MDAC?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=78CAC895-EFC2-4F8E-A9E0-3A1AFBD5922E&displaylang=en

"Peter Hohmann" wrote in message news:84743@forums.codegear.com...
> Hello,
>
> I am working with Borland developer Studio 2006 (german) on a PC with MS
> Windows XP SP3 installed. The PC
> had to be installed new because the harddrive crashed. After the new
> installation, all ADO-components in my programs will be ignored with the
> message "Interface nicht unterstützt" (I think it is "Interface not
> supported" in English).
> With a "test.udl"-file on the desktop I can establish a connection to a
> "*.mdb"-file with the OLE Jet 4.0 driver, so I think it is not a
> Windows-problem, but an installation-problem of BDS, perhaps a missing
> registry-entry or something like this.
> Has anyone an idea what I can do or does anyone knows, how BDS checks for
> this interface?
>
> Grettings from Germany
>
> Peter
0
Andrew
2/25/2009 12:12:35 PM
Hello, Andrew,

I have tried to reinstall MDAC 2.8, but the installation routine says, that all components are part of the
actual Windows, so there is nothing to install or reinstall. All .NET-Frameworks from Version 1.1 to 3.5
and the .NET-Framework SDK are also installed.

> {quote:title=Andrew Venmore wrote:}{quote}
> Have you tried explicitly (re)installing MDAC?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=78CAC895-EFC2-4F8E-A9E0-3A1AFBD5922E&displaylang=en

0
Peter
2/26/2009 7:48:50 AM
The problem is most likely with something installed by MDAC rather than
..NET. You could run the ComCheck tool to try to find any problems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307255

"Peter Hohmann" wrote in message news:85653@forums.codegear.com...

0
Andrew
2/27/2009 8:35:07 AM
Hi, Andrew,

it worked!

The Component Checker found some mismatches in the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID/...). There was a wrong path to some
DLL-Files. I do not know which installation is responsible for these entries, but I will find out. This path was changed to "Common Files"
where it has to be "Gemeinsame Dateien" in the german installation of Windows. Also some DLL-Entries in the registry were wrong, they
had to be "oledb32.dll". After changing this entries to the right pathname and dll-Name, the BDS works properly with the ADO-Components.

Thank you very much, Andrew!

Best regards from Germany.

Peter

> {quote:title=Andrew Venmore wrote:}{quote}
> The problem is most likely with something installed by MDAC rather than
> .NET. You could run the ComCheck tool to try to find any problems.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307255
>

> "Peter Hohmann" wrote in message news:85653@forums.codegear.com...

0
Peter

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

For -Beginners multiuser interface in delphi + ADO + Access
Hello! I have Delphi, and 3 ADO components (ADOConnection, ADOQuery, DataSource) and Quantium Grid from Devexpress (or standard DbGrid - it is not important). I put the Access DATAbase file in a shared folder, made the components connection with each other, as shown in many examples for beginners in ADO and started working. Additionally I write a code to add and to remove records using standard ADOQuery methods. Not yet been realized multiuser interface - everything worked well. But now it needs to be done an d I can not figure out how to approach this problem? Read many articles about ...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

ADO Support
Does anyone know of someplace which lists what features are supported using ADO & SQL Anywhere. I've been using ASP with pretty good results but have recently been trying to get the AbsolutePage / PageSize to work. I havn't been having any luck and it might be that these functions are not supported. Thanks, Ken Zvokel ...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

ADO
I have some problem to connect with transaction component to a ODBC LotusNoteSQL driver. I want to try with ADO component. I search some sample. Can you help me? Thank Thierry More info.... When I try to connect with transaction, and Select with Query, I have no problem with test button (I can see all my records) but in a form with any object (grid, listview ...) I see nothing !!! SOS, Heeeeelppppp meeeeeee Thierry ...

ADO
I use Sql server.Is ADO most appriate for operating with this?Please tell me some good knowledge resourse . If not please tell me what is more appropriate and also please tell me some good knowledge resourse. Pero perov wrote: > I use Sql server.Is ADO most appriate for operating with this?Please > tell me some good knowledge resourse . If not please tell me what > is more appropriate and also please tell me some good knowledge > resourse. Yes ADO (dbGo) is the most appropriate. -- Regards, -Steve Faleiro- What about anydac or sdac? Thx "Steve Falei...

ADO
Hi Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to use the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI? Thanks David Billingham Senior Software Developer - Poise Associates Email: db@poise.co.uk PS Why do so many people have problems unsubscribing? I run a Majordomo list and it's a comman thing for people on the list to get in a real tangle about unsubscribing.... :) This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. Use of this e-mail or of any information in it other than by the addressee is un...

ADO
Hi NG, i try to connect to a sybase-db via adodc (visual basic). i can only select from the db. Updates will produce a e_fail. now i read in the white paper of msdasql, that msdasql requires an odbc-driver to be odbc-version 3.x conformance level 1. the sybase ase odbc driver (v. 3.50.00.10) are only core. is there a way to connect sybase using ado? please help me marcel Sybase 12.0 (PC-client) - VB6 - SP5 - MDAC2.6 firstly,you can install the mdac 2.6,and then install the oledb provider for sybase, the second step: you can use the createobject("adodb.conne...

Web resources about - ADO-Interface not supported - embarcadero.delphi.ado