ADO error working with dbf [Edit]

MS win XP 32b prof. cz
RAD8 (DELPHI XE)

dbGO (ADO) working with DBF file error:

    AdoDBF: AdoDB.TADOConnection;
    ATable: AdoDB.TADOTable;

    AdoDBF:=AdoDB.TADOConnection.Create(self);
    AdoDBF.ConnectionString:='Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0'+
                             ';Data Source=D:\data\'+
                             ';Extended Properties="dBase 5.0";';
   AadoDBF.Connected:=True;  // connected OK

    ATable:=TAdoTable.Create(Self);
    Atable.TableName:='VYSLEDKY.DBF';
    Atable.Connection:=AdoDbf;
    try
      aTable.Open;  // => exception: ...exception class EOleException with message 'Chyba disku nebo v síti' (English: "Disk or Network Error")

Have you any idea? I tried many variants of connectionstring, type of connection (for example adotable.connectionstring) or another action - for example TAdoConnection.execute but the same result.

Even connecting in design phase get the same result (Tadotable.connectionstring + adoTable.tablename +adoTable.active). I sent report (90024).

Edited by: Pavel Kailer on Nov 30, 2010 2:15 AM
0
Pavel

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

ASA8 and Delphi ADO? Is it work?
Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with Delphi via ADO. ---------------------------------- Oleg Kovalevsky Moscow, Russia I haven't tested ASA8 with Delphi, but I'm using ASA7 with Delphi 5 and ADOExpress. There are some glitches, but ASA support has been very helpful with addressing the problems. On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:01:05 +0300, "Oleg Kovalevsky" <okovalevsky@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anybody test this configuration? As i can remember ASA7 don't work with >Delphi via ADO. > > >----------...

Delphi XE + TClientDataSet + ADO error
Hi, I have the error reported in this QC article: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88928 Anybody knows how to fix it ? Regards ...

ADO DBXCommon driver binding errors [Edit]
Hi, I am running into issues with ADO.Net and Interbase. I am not sure where to post, so I assume I start here... My C# application is crashing with the exception copied at the end of this message (I have enabled binding logging) Looking at the full fusion log, it looks like: adoDBXClient is loading DBXCommonDriver, successfully then DBXCommonDriver tried to load DBXCommonDriver again, but somehow with a different public key. The assembly can not be found, and the app fails. This application runs fine on my machine and fails on a similar machine. Both machines have Delphi (20...

ADO Connection not working if Delphi and Oracle not on same computer
I had Delphi working fine with Oracle using ADO when Oracle 11g is on the same pc as Delphi. I tried to use Delphi from another pc and I do not know what to enter for "Servername" on the Build connection string screen. Originally I had tough I needed to enter the computer name, aka Hostname. I also tried entering a name of the oracle instance or Oracle service, and also tried using this info in for format of hostname.service and \\hostname-service. Can someone help -is it just the computer name, is it the ip address, does it need the Oracle instance name? Thanks. steve Hel...

ADO with MSDASQL and TClientDataSet : Error with TTimeField [Edit]
Hello When using MSDASQL provider with ADO (to use ODBC driver) + TClientDataSet , the value of TTimeField fields is lost on post, with or without error, depending of the ODBC driver. Tests have been made with 3 databases with ODBC drivers : - Postgres - MySQL - SQLIte In each case , when calling the ApplyUpdates() method on the CDS, the TTimeFields are sent as date type ( a date around 1899-12-30). Queries on the network have been captured. For MySQL : update sejours set sej_sms_heure = _binary'1899-12-30' where sej_id = 1215 For Postgres : update se...

Type Mismatch error when sorting ADO tables [Edit]
I have an app with a form with two dbgrids setup as master/detail. I placed two TGroupboxes with two radiobuttons each. One of the sets of radiobuttons sorts the Projects(master) dbgrid and the other sorts the Comments(detail) dbgrid. Both sorts are on a date field in the underlaying ADO tables. When I run the app, sorting just one of the dbgrids works fine until I try to click on the other dbgrid or the associated radiobuttons at which time I get the "Type Mismatch" error popping up. The ADO components are on a datamodule and are as follows: ADOConnection1 -> ADOTable_...

Interbase XE and ADO .Net driver error [Edit]
Hi All, I have tried to connect the Interbase XE database in ASP .Net web application by using DBX ADO.Net 2.0 driver for InterBase (version 15.0). The following exception will be shown, The type initializer for 'Borland.Data.TAdoDbxInterBaseConnection' threw an exception.,The type initializer for 'Borland.Data.Units.AdoDbxInterBaseClientProvider' threw an exception.,The type initializer for 'Borland.Data.Units.DbxInterbase' threw an exception.,The type initializer for 'Borland.Data.Units.DBXDynalink' threw an exception.,Borland.Data.TDBXDynalinkDriverLoa...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

Web resources about - ADO error working with dbf [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

Companies have tax questions to answer as working class taxpayers pay more tax than them
Why do working-class taxpayers pay more tax than large companies, in some cases literally and in many cases as a percentage of their income? ...

Here's what Jay Leno will be working on in 2016
Filed under: Green , Videos , Mercedes-Benz , Porsche , Classics , Electric , Performance Jay Leno shows a few of his 2016 projects, including ...

UK government working with eBay and Amazon to catch tax-evading sellers
When it comes to tax avoidance, it's using big companies that come under the spotlight. Of course, there is nothing legally speaking wrong with ...

Co-working company enters Seattle by acquiring prominent Pioneer Square building
Home to mining companies during the Klondike Gold Rush, a handsome building in the heart of Pioneer Square is about to be turned into co-working ...

Time to start working on Ted #Cruzisstartingtoworrythem
Time to start working on Ted by digby For some reason I find myself on the email list of CNN contributor and GOPm strategist Alex Castellanos ...

'Star Wars' animator says 'I took LSD' while working on 'Return of the Jedi'
... Vice profiling his work, Tippett admits he was under the influence for at least one of the "Star Wars" movies. "I took LSD when I was working ...

Crews working to repair water main break on Morena Blvd - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB ...
A concrete water main broke early Saturday morning in the 4600 block of Morena Boulevard, depriving water service to several customers in the ...

JJ Abrams is sad he's not working on next "Star Wars"
How good is the script for the upcoming "Star Wars" sequel, following ‚Äč"The Force Awakens"?

Rockets players happy to be working Christmas
"It's a great opportunity to play," Dwight Howard said.