ADO - create table and fields in code - Access

I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create a
memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

var
 Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant;

        Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog');
        Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect;

        Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table');

        Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE';

        //integer - primary - autoincrement
        sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID';
        Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
        Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
        Col.Name := sKey;
        Col.Type := adInteger;
        Col.Properties('Autoincrement') := True;
        Table.Columns.Append(Col);

        Key := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Key');
        Key.Name := 'Primary';
        Key.Type := adKeyPrimary;
        Key.Columns.Append(sKey);
        Table.Keys.Append(Key);

        //integer
        sKey := 'SID';
        Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
        Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
        Col.Name := sKey;
        Col.Type := adInteger;
        Table.Columns.Append(Col);

        //string
        sKey := 'SID_NAME';
        Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
        Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
        Col.Name := sKey;
        Col.Attributes := adColNullable;
        Col.DefinedSize := 100;
        Col.Type := adVarWChar;
        Table.Columns.Append(Col);

        Cat.Tables.Append(Table);

        Key := null;
        Col := null;
        Table := null;

        Cat := null;
0
Andy

Using SQL you can create the table like this

CREATE TABLE TEMPTABLE (
   Primary Counter CONSTRAINT
   PK_tblTEMPTABLE PRIMARY KEY,
   [Sid] Integer  NULL,
   [Sid_Name] TEXT(100)  NULL)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140015(office.10).aspx

> {quote:title=Andy Colmes wrote:}{quote}
> I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create a
> memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andy
>

> var
>  Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant;
>
>         Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog');
>         Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect;
>
>         Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table');
>
>         Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE';
>
>         //integer - primary - autoincrement
>         sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID';
>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>         Col.Name := sKey;
>         Col.Type := adInteger;
>         Col.Properties('Autoincrement') := True;
>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>
>         Key := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Key');
>         Key.Name := 'Primary';
>         Key.Type := adKeyPrimary;
>         Key.Columns.Append(sKey);
>         Table.Keys.Append(Key);
>
>         //integer
>         sKey := 'SID';
>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>         Col.Name := sKey;
>         Col.Type := adInteger;
>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>
>         //string
>         sKey := 'SID_NAME';
>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>         Col.Name := sKey;
>         Col.Attributes := adColNullable;
>         Col.DefinedSize := 100;
>         Col.Type := adVarWChar;
>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>

>         Cat.Tables.Append(Table);
>
>         Key := null;
>         Col := null;
>         Table := null;
>
>         Cat := null;
0
Brian
1/15/2009 1:41:51 AM
I for got to put the memo field in the create
CREATE TABLE TEMPTABLE (
Primary Counter CONSTRAINT
PK_tblTEMPTABLE PRIMARY KEY,
[Sid] Integer NULL,
[Sid_Name] TEXT(100) NULL,
MemoFld   Memo)

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140015(office.10).aspx
>
> > {quote:title=Andy Colmes wrote:}{quote}
> > I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create a
> > memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Andy
> >

> > var
> >  Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant;
> >
> >         Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog');
> >         Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect;
> >
> >         Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table');
> >
> >         Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE';
> >
> >         //integer - primary - autoincrement
> >         sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID';
> >         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
> >         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
> >         Col.Name := sKey;
> >         Col.Type := adInteger;
> >         Col.Properties('Autoincrement') := True;
> >         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
> >
> >         Key := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Key');
> >         Key.Name := 'Primary';
> >         Key.Type := adKeyPrimary;
> >         Key.Columns.Append(sKey);
> >         Table.Keys.Append(Key);
> >
> >         //integer
> >         sKey := 'SID';
> >         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
> >         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
> >         Col.Name := sKey;
> >         Col.Type := adInteger;
> >         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
> >
> >         //string
> >         sKey := 'SID_NAME';
> >         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
> >         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
> >         Col.Name := sKey;
> >         Col.Attributes := adColNullable;
> >         Col.DefinedSize := 100;
> >         Col.Type := adVarWChar;
> >         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
> >

> >         Cat.Tables.Append(Table);
> >
> >         Key := null;
> >         Col := null;
> >         Table := null;
> >
> >         Cat := null;
0
Brian
1/15/2009 1:46:53 AM
Andy Colmes wrote:
> I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create a
> memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andy
>

> var
>  Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant;
>
>         Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog');
>         Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect;
>
>         Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table');
>
>         Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE';
>
>         //integer - primary - autoincrement
>         sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID';
>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>         Col.Name := sKey;
>         Col.Type := adInteger;
>         Col.Properties('Autoincrement') := True;
>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>
>         Key := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Key');
>         Key.Name := 'Primary';
>         Key.Type := adKeyPrimary;
>         Key.Columns.Append(sKey);
>         Table.Keys.Append(Key);
>
>         //integer
>         sKey := 'SID';
>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>         Col.Name := sKey;
>         Col.Type := adInteger;
>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>
>         //string
>         sKey := 'SID_NAME';
>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>         Col.Name := sKey;
>         Col.Attributes := adColNullable;
>         Col.DefinedSize := 100;
>         Col.Type := adVarWChar;
>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>

>         Cat.Tables.Append(Table);
>
>         Key := null;
>         Col := null;
>         Table := null;
>
>         Cat := null;
Andy -
Check out http://allenbrowne.com/func-ADOX.html#CreateTableAdox
Mike
0
Mike
1/15/2009 2:22:51 PM
Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for the tip. I will give it a spin.

Andy

"Brian Bushay" wrote in message news:67558@forums.codegear.com...
>I for got to put the memo field in the create
> CREATE TABLE TEMPTABLE (
> Primary Counter CONSTRAINT
> PK_tblTEMPTABLE PRIMARY KEY,
> [Sid] Integer NULL,
> [Sid_Name] TEXT(100) NULL,
> MemoFld   Memo)
>>

>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140015(office.10).aspx
>>
>> > {quote:title=Andy Colmes wrote:}{quote}
>> > I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to
>> > create a
>> > memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field
>> > is
>> > greatly appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> > Andy
>> >

>> > var
>> >  Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant;
>> >
>> >         Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog');
>> >         Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect;
>> >
>> >         Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table');
>> >
>> >         Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE';
>> >
>> >         //integer - primary - autoincrement
>> >         sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID';
>> >         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>> >         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>> >         Col.Name := sKey;
>> >         Col.Type := adInteger;
>> >         Col.Properties('Autoincrement') := True;
>> >         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>> >
>> >         Key := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Key');
>> >         Key.Name := 'Primary';
>> >         Key.Type := adKeyPrimary;
>> >         Key.Columns.Append(sKey);
>> >         Table.Keys.Append(Key);
>> >
>> >         //integer
>> >         sKey := 'SID';
>> >         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>> >         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>> >         Col.Name := sKey;
>> >         Col.Type := adInteger;
>> >         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>> >
>> >         //string
>> >         sKey := 'SID_NAME';
>> >         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>> >         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>> >         Col.Name := sKey;
>> >         Col.Attributes := adColNullable;
>> >         Col.DefinedSize := 100;
>> >         Col.Type := adVarWChar;
>> >         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>> >

>> >         Cat.Tables.Append(Table);
>> >
>> >         Key := null;
>> >         Col := null;
>> >         Table := null;
>> >
>> >         Cat := null;
0
Andy
1/16/2009 2:16:23 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link. Although it is in VB, I'll try to convert that to
Delphi.

Andy

"Mike Reublin" <nf4l_NO_SPAM_@nf4l.com> wrote in message
> Andy Colmes wrote:
>> I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create
>> memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is
>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Andy
>>

>> var
>>  Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant;
>>
>>         Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog');
>>         Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect;
>>
>>         Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table');
>>
>>         Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE';
>>
>>         //integer - primary - autoincrement
>>         sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID';
>>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>>         Col.Name := sKey;
>>         Col.Type := adInteger;
>>         Col.Properties('Autoincrement') := True;
>>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>>
>>         Key := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Key');
>>         Key.Name := 'Primary';
>>         Key.Type := adKeyPrimary;
>>         Key.Columns.Append(sKey);
>>         Table.Keys.Append(Key);
>>
>>         //integer
>>         sKey := 'SID';
>>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>>         Col.Name := sKey;
>>         Col.Type := adInteger;
>>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>>
>>         //string
>>         sKey := 'SID_NAME';
>>         Col := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Column');
>>         Col.ParentCatalog := Cat;
>>         Col.Name := sKey;
>>         Col.Attributes := adColNullable;
>>         Col.DefinedSize := 100;
>>         Col.Type := adVarWChar;
>>         Table.Columns.Append(Col);
>>

>>         Cat.Tables.Append(Table);
>>
>>         Key := null;
>>         Col := null;
>>         Table := null;
>>
>>         Cat := null;
> Andy -
> Check out http://allenbrowne.com/func-ADOX.html#CreateTableAdox
> Mike
0
Andy
1/16/2009 2:17:01 PM
Andy Colmes wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the link. Although it is in VB, I'll try to convert that to
> Delphi.

Andy -
Import the typelib from msadox.dll - On my system is shows up as "Microsoft ADO Ext
2.7 for DDL and Security*(Version2.7)" on the import wizard list.

var
   cat: _Catalog;
   col : _Column;
   table : _Table;
   I,j: Integer;
   fName, cStr: olevariant;
begin
   fname := 'QSL';
   cStr := 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=' + DBName + ';Jet
OLEDB:Engine Type=5';
   cat := CoCatalog.Create;
   with cat do
   begin
     _Set_ActiveConnection(cStr);
   end;
   table := CoTable.Create;
   table := cat.Tables['Log'];
   col := CoColumn.Create;
   with col do
   begin
     ParentCatalog := cat;
     //i := table.Columns.Count;
     Name := fName;
     Type_ := adLongVarWChar;   //Memo
     //DefinedSize := 1;
     //Properties['Jet OLEDB:Allow Zero Length'].Value := true;
     //Properties['Nullable'].Value := true;
     //Properties['Default'].Value := 0;
     //i := table.Columns.Count;
     table.Columns.Append(col, Unassigned, Unassigned);
   end;
0
Mike
1/16/2009 4:24:16 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the great code. I will give it a spin.

> Andy Colmes wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Thanks for the link. Although it is in VB, I'll try to convert that to
>> Delphi.
>>

> Andy -
> Import the typelib from msadox.dll - On my system is shows up as
> "Microsoft ADO Ext
> 2.7 for DDL and Security*(Version2.7)" on the import wizard list.
>
> var
>   cat: _Catalog;
>   col : _Column;
>   table : _Table;
>   I,j: Integer;
>   fName, cStr: olevariant;
> begin
>   fname := 'QSL';
>   cStr := 'Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=' + DBName + ';Jet
> OLEDB:Engine Type=5';
>   cat := CoCatalog.Create;
>   with cat do
>   begin
>     _Set_ActiveConnection(cStr);
>   end;
>   table := CoTable.Create;
>   table := cat.Tables['Log'];
>   col := CoColumn.Create;
>   with col do
>   begin
>     ParentCatalog := cat;
>     //i := table.Columns.Count;
>     Name := fName;
>     Type_ := adLongVarWChar;   //Memo
>     //DefinedSize := 1;
>     //Properties['Jet OLEDB:Allow Zero Length'].Value := true;
>     //Properties['Nullable'].Value := true;
>     //Properties['Default'].Value := 0;
>     //i := table.Columns.Count;
>     table.Columns.Append(col, Unassigned, Unassigned);
>   end;
0
Andy

I have an appliction tha that is writen in Delphi 5 with ADOConnetion, ADOTable, and ADOQuery components. I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. I have the program building in with Delphi 2007. Is there anything I need to do to convert the ADO to ADO.NET? > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. Why ? -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine Reasons for change: - We already own the Delphi 2007. - We have existing product (code) what was created in Delphi 5. - We are wanting to update to the newer version and convert to the ADO.NET connection instead of the ADO. - I am being told to upgrade becuase ADO has issues with locking up machines and meno when used with SQL on very large datasets. Do you know what I need to do to convert the existing connections in ADO to ADO.NET? > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET. > > Why ? > > -- > With best regards, > Dmitry Arefiev > AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, > Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, > ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine Unitime Development wrote: > I need to upgr...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

Is having a trigger that inserts a row in Table 'A', when a row in same table is inserted by ADo.Net code?
I want to insert a row for a Global user  in Table 'A' whenever ADO.Net code inserts a Local user row into same table. I recommended using a trigger to implement this functionality, but the DBA was against it, saying that stored proecedures should be used, since triggers are unreliable and slow down the system by placing unecessary locks on the table. Is this true OR the DBA is saying something wrong? My thinking is that Microsoft will never include triggers if they are unreliable and the DBA is just wanting to offload the extra DBA task of triggers to the programmer so that a s...

Changing the field width of an ADO table?
I thought everything in the database part of my code was working, but then someone wanted to add an 11 character string to a field that was set to 10 characters. Is there a simple way of changing a field width in an ado table? I have done this before with Paradox and DbIsam, but the same approach isn't working with ADO. I already create any tables or fields that are not found in the mdb file as part of my startup so the system can be deployed to an older version without having to modify the database st ructure manually, however, I would also like to be able to change the definition of ...

MySQL Timestamp fields via Delphi ADO?
What are my options to use timestamps via parameterized inserts and selects from Delphi's ADO components (all Delphi versions)? ...

ADO.NET VS ADO
Hi I am having ADO.NET course these days. I asked the instructor that developing online system like airline reservation system needs to a connected environment to lock/Unlock the table when u read/write to it Can that be acomplished using ado.net. His answer was no ADO.NET is only for disconnected environment and it will not work with online system and i still should use the old ADO. ADO.NET is not a replacment for ADO and both will continue in paralell. IS his answer true that ADO.NET will not replace ADO and both will continue Regards Check this link. Well ADO.NET is pa...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

ADO.NET table fields pass to a VB.NET variable
Hi, please help, have a ADO.NET code. 1 Dim conn As New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection 2 Dim sql As New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand 3 4 conn = New Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=dbsystematics;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=SARS;Data Source=4G") 5 conn.Open() 6 sql = New Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand("select * from users", conn)   Then i would like to pass the values that the above ADO.NET to a variable.how?please help. JFRBPH12™ You can execute the ...

ADO to ADO.NET help
Hi, I am converting application ASP to ASP.NET.What is the equivalent code in ADO.NET. For each F in RS.Fields FieldName = F.Name Next Thanks, Nate If it is forward only, then you can use datareader for more info on this, check below link Datareader on MSDN Hope it helps!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

Connect to Paradox tables with ADO: problem with FmtMemo fields [Edit]
Some years ago, I developed a Personal Information Manager (PIM) program using Paradox tables and the BDE. It works fine and customers enjoy it. Recently, I tried to use the dbGo components instead of the BDE (some say ADO is faster whereas BDE is deprecated). No problem with the connection *but all the fields of the database with the ftFmtMemo data type have disappeared from the display* (though they are still in the Paradox database). Is there a solution? Georges Edited by: Georges Trottier on Sep 25, 2011 9:37 AM Hello Georges > some say ADO is faster where...

ADO
Hello friends, I am developing a .NET application using VB.NET which connects to Oracle 9i and inserts some data.I have done it using OLEDB I mean System.Data.OLEDB namespace and objects.Now my question is can I do the same thing using ADO like in classic ASP instead of OLEDB. If so could you pleae show me with a sample code to create a connection object , command object and passing connection object to command object , execute the command and dispose the command object. Thanks in advance Tadak....

ADO
I use Sql server.Is ADO most appriate for operating with this?Please tell me some good knowledge resourse . If not please tell me what is more appropriate and also please tell me some good knowledge resourse. Pero perov wrote: > I use Sql server.Is ADO most appriate for operating with this?Please > tell me some good knowledge resourse . If not please tell me what > is more appropriate and also please tell me some good knowledge > resourse. Yes ADO (dbGo) is the most appropriate. -- Regards, -Steve Faleiro- What about anydac or sdac? Thx "Steve Falei...

ADO
I have some problem to connect with transaction component to a ODBC LotusNoteSQL driver. I want to try with ADO component. I search some sample. Can you help me? Thank Thierry More info.... When I try to connect with transaction, and Select with Query, I have no problem with test button (I can see all my records) but in a form with any object (grid, listview ...) I see nothing !!! SOS, Heeeeelppppp meeeeeee Thierry ...

ADO
I don't know if I am posting this to the right spot, but boy do I need help! I have to create a VB project using visual studio to do the work. The tables I need to do the work is one part of the problem, they are mdb files. Do i have to have access to open mdb files because I don't have that and i can't find a free trial. Believe it or not this is my smalles problem. I have no idea how to do some of the things the project asks for. I will include the instructions and the file I have to open. Input: to complete you need existing file CustomerOrder.mdb that has 2 tables: customer and orde...

ADO
Hi NG, i try to connect to a sybase-db via adodc (visual basic). i can only select from the db. Updates will produce a e_fail. now i read in the white paper of msdasql, that msdasql requires an odbc-driver to be odbc-version 3.x conformance level 1. the sybase ase odbc driver (v. 3.50.00.10) are only core. is there a way to connect sybase using ado? please help me marcel Sybase 12.0 (PC-client) - VB6 - SP5 - MDAC2.6 firstly,you can install the mdac 2.6,and then install the oledb provider for sybase, the second step: you can use the createobject("adodb.conne...

ADO
Hi All, all Samples from Sybase that shows how to wrok with ADO are using as CursorLocation <adUserServer>. Does Sybase support <asUseClient> ? And what do i have to do and pay attantion for ? regards and TIA Jan Waiz Yes, you can aduseclient with ASA 8.0.1 and ASA 7.0.4 ebf 2738 or later. If you use client side cursors, you cannot retrieve multiple result sets from a stoed procedure. This has nothing to do with ASA, but you should only use client side cursors for small result sets, otherwise you risk running into application performance issues, since the res...

ado
Is anyone using ADO in PB 5.04 successfully? thanks! adam hodge ahodge@crowechizek.com ...

In my Global asax file aDo I need the code below newmail.fields.add and why do I need them?
In my Global asax file aDo I need the code below newmail.fields.add   and why do I need them?The first one works but it puts my password in the code.I am using IIS smtp mail and VS 2003 Also noted below, I have an outlook email account (the first one below password and name changed ) and a msn.com email accountThe outlook email account works but the msn account does not?   newMail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate", "1")                  ...

ADO
Hi Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to use the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI? Thanks David Billingham Senior Software Developer - Poise Associates Email: db@poise.co.uk PS Why do so many people have problems unsubscribing? I run a Majordomo list and it's a comman thing for people on the list to get in a real tangle about unsubscribing.... :) This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. Use of this e-mail or of any information in it other than by the addressee is un...

ADO
Does anyone have any examples of using Microsoft's ADO and powerbuilder. I am looking into ways of getting metadata of any connections I make in my Powerbuilder Application. Currently I am using the ODBC API's to achieve this. I have looked and tested some ADO calls in VB and find that it is much faster than ODBC in getting metadata. Thanks In Advance Derrick ...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Web resources about - ADO - create table and fields in code - Access - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Wikipedia:Why create an account? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is Wikipedia . You do not have to log in to learn. Almost anyone can edit almost any article at any given time too, but be aware that the ...

Facebook Teams Up With Google, Microsoft, Others To Create WebPlatform.org, A Developer Support Hub
Facebook may have a tricky relationship with HTML5 , but it still wants developers all over the Web to learn how to use it efficiently. The social ...

Pre-dawn tradies create Brisbane's new four-hour 'rush hour'
Tradies leaving early add to four-hour morning rush, stats show.

Apple CEO Tim Cook refuses to create 'backdoor' to unlock San Bernardino shooter's iPhone
A US federal magistrate has ordered Apple to develop a "backdoor" to the iPhone and help the Federal Bureau of Investigation with their investigation ...

Apple CEO Tim Cook refuses to create “backdoor” to unlock San Bernardino shooter's iPhone
A US federal magistrate has ordered Apple to develop a &quot;backdoor&quot; to the iPhone and help the Federal Bureau of Investigation with their ...

Apple CEO Tim Cook refuses to create 'backdoor' to unlock San Bernardino shooter's iPhone
A US federal magistrate has ordered Apple to develop a &quot;backdoor&quot; to the iPhone and help the Federal Bureau of Investigation with their ...

Doing the robot: Man creates digital dance partner
From Dancing with the Stars to dancing with a robot World Theatre Festival shows us how far movement has come.

Office Create Launches Cooking Mama Let’s Cook Puzzle on Mobile
Japanese developer Office Create has launched Cooking Mama Let’s Cook Puzzle on iOS and Android. Rather than focusing on the step-by-step recipe ...

Fandango Creates Ultimate Digital Network for All Things Movies with Addition of Iconic Movie Brands ...
Fandango, the nation&rsquo;s leading digital platform serving consumers across the entire movie lifecycle, announced today it has signed an agreement ...

Devices help create emotion-based ads
Facial recognition technology and biometric data sensors are letting brands use your emotions to create ads.