ADO Connection from udl file

I would like to use file to connect MySQL database server.
Can you advise or give me one example what the file looks like?

Your help and information is great appreciated,

Inung
0
Inung

> {quote:title=Inung Huang wrote:}{quote}
> I would like to use file to connect MySQL database server.
> Can you advise or give me one example what the file looks like?
>
> Your help and information is great appreciated,
>

> Inung

Here is an example of a UDL file (C:\test.udl):
[oledb]
; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=root;Extended Properties="DSN=MySQL;DESCRIPTION=MySQL;SERVER=localhost;UID=root;DATABASE=test;PORT=3308";Initial Catalog=test

This is the code you should use in Delphi:
ADOConnection.ConnectionString := 'File Name=C:\test.udl;';
ADOConnection.LoginPrompt := False;
ADOConnection.Open;

You can find more information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189680

--
Devart (www.devart.com) – intelligent database interaction solutions
0

How to properly close ADO connection to mdb file so ldb files goes away?
I have an app that uses ADO to connect to a Jet Engine .mdb file. The user can open a form named frmBkUp, from the menu on the main form ,that has a button on it that when clicked runs the code listed below. If the user clicks on the button once you see the message pop up saying "found ldb". If they click on it again I get an access violation error. What I am trying to do is learn how to close all connections to the mdb file so the ldb file will go away. My goal is to close all connections then copy the .mdb file to a location that the user selects, as a way for the user to...

ADO not ADO.NET
Hi, I have to connect to a db using adodb (which i select from the references). I have to retrieve the car models from the database and bind them to a listbox. I am not sure how to proceed and I can't find any articles on ADO with .net and data binding. Here is the code that i tried but it only retrieves the car model for the specified id. If I delete the id it doesn't work. Also it writes the car model in the listbox vertically such as: B M W CODE: Imports System.Data Imports ADODB Imports System.Data.OleDb Public Class listboxADO Inherits System.Web.UI...

datetime trouble in ADO Microsoft ADO .NET Connection
Hi, All! MS SQL 200 PB 10.2.1 build 9557 In PB DB Painter: select dateevent from AuditInternal where id_event = 201865; Result: ADO Microsoft ADO .NET Connection: 214:35:45:633 OLE Microsoft OLE DB Connection: 01.03.2006 12:35:45:633 It has begun in 9537 In 9557 same. In 9004 all this it was good thanks, Alexey ...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

Help with ADO connectivity in Delphi XE
The company I work for has finally started migrating applications from Delphi 5 and 7 to Delphi XE and XE2. But, I am having a problem with a TADOConnection. A simple application built in D5 to connect to a MS SQL database works. But the same code compiled in Delphi XE will not connect. When the user's role changes from User to Power User, they can connect to the database in the app compiled in XE. The workstation that the user is running from is Windows XP. The SQL Server version is 2005. MDAC version 2.8 Unfortunately, we have been unable to simulate their environment, an...

A problem about connecting ASA by ADO component of Delphi?
Is there anyone to try to use ADO component of Delphi to connect ASA? I fail to do it. I manipulate database by TDataSource,TADOQuery,TConnection components of Delphi, and set up connection with ASA guide. When running the program, the connection is set up successfully. But a EoleException is thrown once I make a query using TADOQuery. System prompt "unknown error". Who knows what happened? Is it a compatible problem between ASA driver(ASAProv) and ADO component of Delphi? (All are ok when connecting ASA by BDE components). Is there anyone to try this?? ...

ADO Connection not working if Delphi and Oracle not on same computer
I had Delphi working fine with Oracle using ADO when Oracle 11g is on the same pc as Delphi. I tried to use Delphi from another pc and I do not know what to enter for "Servername" on the Build connection string screen. Originally I had tough I needed to enter the computer name, aka Hostname. I also tried entering a name of the oracle instance or Oracle service, and also tried using this info in for format of hostname.service and \\hostname-service. Can someone help -is it just the computer name, is it the ip address, does it need the Oracle instance name? Thanks. steve Hel...

Connection String for ADO Database in delphi prism
Hi, I want to connect to a database with ADO and aspx. from VB code what is the equivalent in delphi prism ? .... Dim MyReader as sqldatareader Dim MyConnection as sqlconnection = new sqlconnection() myConnection.connectionstring = configurationmanager.connectionstrings("DSN_MYDB").connectionstring Dim mycommand as sqlcommand = new sqlcommand() mycommand.commandtext="select * from mytable" mycommand.commandtype = commandtype.text mycommand.connection = myconnection mycommand.connection.open() Myreader=mycommand.executereader(commandbehavior.closeconnec...

Connecting to MS-SQL-Express with ADO and Delphi 6
Hi, I have installed MS-SQL Express and created a database - Test1 - and a table within that database called Equipment with a few columns. I have created a new delphi 6 application with a TADOConnection component. When creating the connection string I have chosen the "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server", then entered the server name as "mtpcname\SQLExpress1" and selected Windows NT Integrated security. Clicking the Test Connection button says that the connection was successful. However the drop down list to select the database on the server only list ...

Opinions about ADO and ADO.NET
Hi everyone again!!! I´m used to develope applications with ADO, but now with .NET to develope a Web Application and a Mobile Web Application, I don't know if I have to use ADO.NET or continue using ADO. What Disadvantages has ADO to built Mobile Applications? In ADO I use ACCESS to create the .mdb files, Can I use .mdb files with ADO.NET? Thanks for all!! Go to ADO.NET NOW ! don't be late and you can use access in ado.net ADO.NET VB.NET/C#/ASP.NET/Oracle Designer 6i DotNet4Arab.com Building a custom web control(vb.net) Well, Thanks for your opinion, but I have...

ADO Connection
When I try to connect to my database with ASA Provider I get an invalid Enum value error. But if I connect to it using the OLE ODBC it connects fine. Can you provide a code snippet of what you are doing and a description of the language/environment you are using? Steve Radman, iAnywhere Solutions Sybase, Inc. "Ryan Wade" <rwade@smscorp.com> wrote in message news:395218D0.75EDF354@smscorp.com... When I try to connect to my database with ASA Provider I get an invalid Enum value error. But if I connect to it using the OLE ODBC it connects fine. Hi! &...

Converting ADO to ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert this code from ADO to ADO.NET I am very new to ADO.NET and am a bit confused on how I would convert this. Basically what I am trying to do is capture the name of the fields of a table to populate a dropdownlistbox. The table name will change every time the program is run. This is not a problem and I can code for that. Here is what I have in ADO (I have tried the wizard but it did not change the code) Dim tblFields As Object Dim myRst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim myField As ADODB.Field Dim myCnn As New ADODB.C...

Web resources about - ADO Connection from udl file - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...