64-bit ADOx

Hi,

I have one application that runs an Access database, which it creates if necessary using ADOx, and runs thereafter using ADO. From the same codebase I can compile 32-bit and 64-bit versions which work fine so long as the user has the Access driver of the appropriate bitness, i.e. the driver delivered with Office. So, the use of ADOx seems insensitive to bitness even though the type library references a 32-bit original. That seems a very happy outcome.

I have another application which works in a similar way, but I cannot produce a 64-bit build as it relies on third-party components which aren't available as 64-bit. The 32-bit build runs its Access database fine on a 64-bit machine with the 64-bit Access driver, but cannot create the database using ADOx. It produces a 'class not registered' error, even though the file msadox.dll is in place and the classes are registered.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

TC
0
Trevor

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo)
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64 bit Windows environment (...

64 bit Windows, Delphi and ADO (dbgo) #2
Hi, Sorry if this appears as a stupid question as I partially looked into this some time back and over time this has all become a bit blurred. We have an application that connects to SQL Server / Oracle via ADO. I don't have a 64 bit Windows box to test on but would like to know the following ... Generally speaking I know that 32 bit applications can run on a 64 bit Windows box. What happens in the case of a 32 bit application that uses ADO? My understanding is that a 32 bit application can't use a 64 bit driver. Are equivalent 32 bit ADO drivers also installed on a 64...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

Building 64 bit Python against 32 bit ASE on 64-bit Linux
I've been using various version of SYBASE=/usr/local/packages/sybase* to no avail. They all are giving me errors lated to "libblk". any ideas? /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/packages/sybase_OLD/lib/libblk.a when searching for -lblk If possible could you CC mrogish at tigr dot org since I am using the Sybase.com forums reader and it is difficult to bookmark this thread. Thanks!!! -- Matt Rogish cronus:/local/src/Linux64/python/modules/sybase-0.37 # /usr/local/packages/python64-2.4.2/bin/python setup.py build running build running build_py c...

Delphi 64 Bit released just in time for Windows to be 128 Bit ...
Ok - the title is a little provocative - but it might be close ;) This link is to an article the claims that the next Windows version will be 128 Bit. Which would be Win8 - and if not that version then definitely Win 9. http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/10/microsoft-mulling-128-bit-versions-of-windows-8-windows-9.ars I realize that Delphi 64 bit should be out this year (or so I hope!) - and that the next windows is a few years away - but I hope the folks at Emb. are already planning for the 128 version when they do the 64 bit version... Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_tim...

32 bit Delphi Active X Control on 64 Bit machines
I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control ( COM ) ocx file that does nothing but return a string in a property. Placing the control on a .net application that contains a label reflecting the property builds and runs beautifully in 32 bit Windows Vista. Moving the application to Windows 7 64 bit fails. Debugging shows it doesn't even get to initialization. Is it possible to use COM through syswow64? <Steven Davis> wrote in message news:225825@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using BDS 2006 and created a very simple Active X control > ( COM ) ...

64 bit Delphi
Is there a Delphi 64 bit compiler? I am having problems using 32 bit dbExpress ODBC drivers on 64 bit Windows Server 2008. Pier > {quote:title=Pier Nardin wrote:}{quote} > Is there a Delphi 64 bit compiler? I am having problems using 32 bit > dbExpress ODBC drivers on 64 bit Windows Server 2008. Not at this time; it's on the roadmap. I can't offer a lot of help, because "having problems" doesn't give anything to work with. You might try asking specific questions about the actual problem you're having in the Database->ADO or Database->Gen...

Delphi 64-bit
Hello, When can I expect a 64-bits compiler for Delphi? Our company is developing applications for Windows 7 which needs to run 64-bit native because the application is loaded with another native 64-bit application (AutoCAD). Or maybe anyone knows a work-around for the time being ? Thanks in Advance > {quote:title=gw Sloof wrote:}{quote} > When can I expect a 64-bits compiler for Delphi? Our company is developing applications > for Windows 7 which needs to run 64-bit native because the application is loaded with another > native 64-bit application (AutoCAD). Ar...

Web resources about - 64-bit ADOx - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Full Episode: WN 12/20/15: Clinton, Sanders Tangle in Democratic Debate
Gift Card Confidential: Turn Them in for Cash; Investigation of Alleged Lotto Fixing Scam Widens

Steve Harvey Announces Wrong Miss Universe 2015 Winner
Steve Harvey mistakenly crowned the wrong Miss Universe on Sunday evening (December 20). The 58-year-old television host accidentally announced ...

Experts: Jet Crew Shouldn't Tell Passengers of Bomb Scare
ABC News Experts: Jet Crew Shouldn't Tell Passengers of Bomb Scare ABC News A child rests as passengers go through security screening at Moi ...

Splintered Spanish vote heralds arduous coalition talks
Reuters Splintered Spanish vote heralds arduous coalition talks Reuters MADRID A historically fragmented vote in Spanish elections on Sunday ...

Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist
Salt Lake Tribune Hundreds protest release of New Delhi rapist Salt Lake Tribune Indian youth shout slogans as they are detained by police ...

Landslide devastates Chinese industrial park, 91 missing
By Ben Blanchard BEIJING (Reuters) - At least 91 people were missing after a huge mound of mud and construction waste collapsed at a business ...

Ted Cruz Maintains Big Lead in Iowa
Here's more for the "establishment is doomed" files : Ted Cruz maintains a strong lead over Donald Trump in Iowa, according to the results of ...

Israel hit by rockets from Lebanon as tensions rise after Hezbollah's Samir Kantar killing
Katyusha missiles fired into Israel after air strike killed Hezbollah leader in Syria.

Learner drivers to get lessons on the motorway for the first time
Learner drivers could have lessons on motorways for the first time, in a bid to ensure they have tackled challenging conditions with a qualified ...

SpaceX delays launch and landing test of Falcon 9 rocket
(By Irene Klotz, Reuters) – Elon Musk’s SpaceX on Sunday postponed launch of an upgraded Falcon 9 rocket and an attempt to land the booster at ...