"Assertion Failed" with ADO connection, Windows 7, Delphi 2007

I have Delphi 2007 for Win 32 installed on both the XP and Win7 OS of my dual boot machine. In Win 7, when I use an ADO connection on a simple Access database, it runs fine, until I reset the program. When I click the Program Reset, I get an error "Assertion Failed". If I click this several times, it goes away, and the program resets.

Note: I can build exactly the same program in XP with no problems.

What does this error mean? What should i do about it?

Thanks
Ken Moore
0
Ken

Ken Moore wrote:

> I have Delphi 2007 for Win 32 installed on both the XP and Win7 OS of
> my dual boot machine. In Win 7, when I use an ADO connection on a
> simple Access database, it runs fine, until I reset the program. When
> I click the Program Reset, I get an error "Assertion Failed". If I
> click this several times, it goes away, and the program resets.
>
> Note: I can build exactly the same program in XP with no problems.
>
> What does this error mean? What should i do about it?
>
> Thanks
> Ken Moore

I'm not sure what Program Reset means - it must be the caption on a
button in your program but without knowing which code statements are
being executed when that button is clicked it is difficult to get a
helpful answer. Please post the code that is causing this error to
happen.

--
Steve Faleiro
0
> {quote:title=Steve Faleiro wrote:}{quote}
> Ken Moore wrote:
> I'm not sure what Program Reset means - it must be the caption on a
> button in your program but without knowing which code statements are

It means using `Run->Program Reset' from the IDE while your app is running under the debugger. The code that executes is a debug->halt.
0
Ken
3/20/2012 1:36:09 PM
> {quote:title=Ken Moore wrote:}{quote}
> I have Delphi 2007 for Win 32 installed on both the XP and Win7 OS of my dual boot machine. In Win 7, when I use an ADO connection on a simple Access database, it runs fine, until I reset the program. When I click the Program Reset, I get an error "Assertion Failed". If I click this several times, it goes away, and the program resets.

First, why are you using a reset? Is your app locked up where you can't stop it normally? If not, you should be exiting properly. A debugger reset just stops everything, without any cleanup. When dealing with COM (which ADO is), this can lead to problems.

Second, when you get an "Assertion failed" error, you get more information than that in the message (more specific information, a unit/source file name and line number, etc.). Without them, the reason for the assertion failure is impossible to determine. Can you add that information to your question?

> Note: I can build exactly the same program in XP with no problems.

Win7 has higher security and system protection (for things like memory overwrites, support for DEP, etc.) than WinXP, which probably explains the difference.
0
Ken

Delphi 2007 assert
The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 Any way I can patch this out? CodeGearâ„¢ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 El 18/01/2014 21:48, Michael Leahy escribió: > The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... > > "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 > > Any way I can patch this out? > > CodeGearâ„¢ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 > An unofficial fix fo...

How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" (auto update) query to SQL Server
How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" query (one SQL Server table only) that once a table field is edited - the underlying query results are updated. Kind of like the "LIVE" query concept from the BDE etc. Below is the ADO query that I am using and it generally *seems* to work well where once a field is edited (via TADOQuery.Edit and .Post), the query result are also changed. I think it is true that after an edit the change is always visible in the same program using the same query object. {code}procedure ExecuteQryTable( Connection: TADOConnection; Qry: TADOQuery...

How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" (auto update) query to SQL Server [Edit]
How to create a Delphi 7 ADO "LIVE" query (one SQL Server table only) that once a table field is edited - the underlying query results are updated. Kind of like the "LIVE" query concept from the BDE etc. Below is the ADO query that I am using and it generally *seems* to work well where once a field is edited (via TADOQuery.Edit, .Post etc), the query result are also changed. I think it is true that after an edit the change is always visible in the same program using the same query object. {code}procedure ExecuteQryTable( Connection: TADOConnection; Qry: TADOQuer...

ADO rs("col_name").value to ADO.NET dr.getValue(dr.getOrdinal("col_name")) question
In ADO under ASP we could access column values using: rs("col_name").valuewhich would allow us to treat fields rather generally, since VBScript doesn't have strong types (essentially the value was a string, a number, a date, or a null).Now in ADO.NET we need to get column values using: dr.getValue(dr.getOrdinal("col_name")) (or some other "get" method that knows the specific column type). The problem I am having in my conversion from ASP to ASP.NET, is that I have routines that display data from my client's Views and Stored Procedures. The client ca...

"Error creating object. Please verify..." while using ADO on Windows 7
Hello all. Using Window 7 Pro, Delphi 6/7. When I try to use ADO components in app. I get the error msg: "Error creating object. Please verify that the Microsoft data access components 2.1 (or later) have been properly installed." This error start to appear around the end of November 2013. All applications worked ok before, for many years, on Win-xp & Win7. It seems like it is a Windows problem rather Delphi's Please help. Best regards, I. Nemlich Israel wrote: > Using Window 7 Pro, Delphi 6/7. > > When I try to use ADO components in app. I...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

"Build All" equivalent in Delphi 2007
Hello, I have been using D2007 for several years and something is very different from Delphi 5 which was my previous version. In D5, Build All from the menu recompiled every unit in my project whether it had changed or not. Delphi 2007 does not do this :-( I know I have many compiler items that I should attend to but Shift_F9 on the Project menu does not rebuild all units. Every once in a great while it does in response to *something* I have changed but for the life of me I cannot figure out what I did to cause it to rebuild everything and display the long list of warnin...

"New window" should make a copy of the "old window", keeping the "history".
Name: Kevin Ong Email: kevinwtcathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "New window" should make a copy of the "old window", keeping the "history". Comments: I like Firefox very much, mainly because it's faster than Internet Explorer. There's really only one function I really miss. It is Internet Explorers function when you open a new window (ctrl+n). In IE the whole new window is an exact copy of the one you open it from - you get the same page and keep the "history". So you can for example click back and it takes you one page...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

[Delphi 2007] "Jpeg.pas" is need.
Hi I have an error,to solving it i need "jpeg.pas". Maybe you want know what is the error that i need this unit source: Im using a captureScreen function to capture a screenshot from screen.im converting my captured bitmap to jpeg, and the i will save it to a stream(first paramater of the function). procedure captureScreen(mem:TMemoryStream;Quality:integer;scale:integer=100); begin ... jp.SaveToStream(mem); //Here i have "Out of Resources" error ! i need "jpeg.pas" to find the problem origin. ... end; Don't forget the error oc...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

Web resources about - "Assertion Failed" with ADO connection, Windows 7, Delphi 2007 - embarcadero.delphi.ado