shortcut for updating a datasnap server connection parameters etc. when server procedure parameters or other has changed

Without a shortcut to update the parameters towards the built in
procedures in the database server, updating the parameters are quite
tedious.

Is there a shortcut to do that which I have overseen?

Making the database connection in false status and log in again do not
sync towards the database :-)
0
Alf
10/11/2012 12:50:30 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do?

What components are you working with? Which Delphi version? Is it a REST server or a regular datasnap server? What do you mean by connection parameters? I would assume that by connection parameters is meant the hostname and port of the server. It doesn't make sence that when you change the procedures of the datasnap server that you get another hostname. Are you talking about some kind of proxy that you generate on the client side?

When you say shortcut, I think of an icon on the desktop, but I am not sure that this is what you mean. Maybe you mean 'Is there an easy or quicker way..'.
0
Anders
10/16/2012 7:01:14 AM
On 16.10.2012 09:01, Anders Andersen wrote:
> I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do?
>
> What components are you working with? Which Delphi version? Is it a REST server or a regular datasnap server? What do you mean by connection parameters? I would assume that by connection parameters is meant the hostname and port of the server. It doesn't make sence that when you change the procedures of the datasnap server that you get another hostname. Are you talking about some kind of proxy that you generate on the client side?
>
> When you say shortcut, I think of an icon on the desktop, but I am not sure that this is what you mean. Maybe you mean 'Is there an easy or quicker way..'.

With server I ment here oracle database server.

The problem arise if I change the parameters of built in procedures and
functions in Oracle so the the params of tSQLStoredProc has to be changed.
Now I had to delete the StoredProcName and then enter it back again to
synchronize the tSQLStoredProc parameters with that declared in the
Oracle database.

So my question is about if there might be a faster way to do that with
about 70 declarations of tSQLStoredProc :-)

(I was in a bit of hurry when writing the original question)
0
Alf

Array of variant parameter to datasnap server
How can I pass an array of variant do a datasnap server (FireDac) input parameter? The server procedure will return a dataset and 1 input parameter is the sql statetment and the other I want to pass the sql params values. I thought of doing this with a array of variant. How can I do this ? Thanks ...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

How can I update a DataSnap server while clients are still connected?
We use stateful DataSnap servers for some business logic tasks and also to provide clientdataset data. If we have to update the server to modify a business rule, we copy the new version into a new empty folder and register it (depending on the Delphi version, just by launching or by running the TRegSvr utility). We can do this even while the old server instance is running. However, after registering the new version, all new client connections will still use the currently running (old) server instance. All clients have to disconnect first, then the new server will be used for ...

IS there an easy way to update tSQLProcedure parameters after changing parameters in a Oracle embedded procedure/function?
Working with the Datasnap server using dExpress, if I change the parameter layout of one or more built-in procedures (in my case embedded in a package), the parameter layout in the datasnap server method is now out of sync. One way to fix the problem is to change name of procedure to a nearby method and then switch back again which trigger synchronization towards the database. Closing connection and reopening don't do anything. Am using partly Delphi 2010 and XE2, but there is no difference. Is there another way to have the parameter calls being in synch? Is there ...

is there an upper limit of parameters in a function to be used as a server method in Datasnap?
In a server method I have two functions, from previous exists the included echostring function and now I have added a new function with about 30 parameters returning an integer, and have also several tSQLDatasets with appropriate tDatasetproviders. Compiling work fine, and setting connected true functions ok for all sqldatasets. But, when running the server, which start nicely, and then work with the client, setting the sqlconnection true work ok after logging on, but, when right mouse clicking the SQLConnection and choosing Generate Datasnap Client Classes, neither the new...

Executing DataSnap server methods using FireDAC
Hi, I am using FireDAC to connect my client application to a DataSnap Server and I am using TFDStoredProc to execute server methods. This works fine. I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc? Thanks in advance. > I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc? TFDStoredProc does not support TStream a...

Netware 4.2 Can't load Install, change server parameters, server freezes.
Last week I had a mysterious problem, the server would hang loading Install, config or even trying to modify the server parameters. Users would loose immediately the connection to the server. I was able to run the dsrepair -a, and run check volume objects and trustees and that took care of the problem with users loosing connections to the server. I still have a problem with server hanging up. About a year ago I had problem only with loading install, when we added more memory and drive space. I was able to load install after a reboot and re-install sp9, and add the space to the ...

Server parameters for iPrint serving server
We have around 75 PA's with a Broker and Manager on a Compaq Dl380 server--NW6sp5. It seems by how the server is taxed during production hours that the server itself is not tweaked sufficiently for an iPrint environment. We get lock ups on the server where the utilization goes to 100%, and often the dirty cache buffers get crazy---50,000-100,000---and will even CPU hog abend on the HTTPskt module. Any body have suggestions on how to set this up correctly? Or have a contact of someone who has this expertise? Paul, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a respons...

Reconnect to DataSnap server or MySQL server
I'm trying to make a DataSnap server/client system. Apart from a lot of other problems the most troublesome problem right now is that I am unable to reconnect a TSQLConnection after it has failed. I have several TSQLConnections: * Client -> DataSnap Server * DataSnap Server -> Other DataSnap server * DataSnap Server -> MySQL Database All these connections will sometimes die. For example if the internet connection goes down or if one of the servers (MySQL/DataSnap) is restarted. When this happens I will get an Exception and the current SQL query or server method fails....

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

Datasnap and connecting from app to a server
Hey all, I wuld be glad if someone can help me. I have now created a client/server solution for an App using Delphi XE8. But all the time I get the error 10061 connection refused. I have checked my public IP address, that the server is running, and checked that the server shouldn't be busy. I also have tried to deactivate my firewall and antivirus with no success. So I don't know where to look for finding the problem with the connection from app to server. I really hope that someone can give some ideas. best regards Michael ...

Datasnap and connecting from app to a server
Hey all, I wuld be glad if someone can help me. I have now created a client/server solution for an App using Delphi XE8 on Windows 7. But all the time I get the error 10061 connection refused. I have checked my public IP address, that the server is running, and checked that the server shouldn't be busy. I also have tried to deactivate my firewall and antivirus with no success. So I don't know where to look for finding the problem with the connection from app to server. I really hope that someone can give some ideas. best regards Michael Edited by: Michael Eriksen...

Not able to connect to update servers and some servers on the web.
Hello everyone, I'm having a new (for me) problem with my Internet connection. I can't connect to the update servers. I don't know why. It's a brand new installation, not a week old yet. I can't install the support for restricted media for example. The servers won't refresh in YaST. It tells me it can't download the repomd.xml.asc. The other problem is that some servers on the web won't load for me either. For example, I get most of my local news from The Toronto Star, and I can't connect to it's website at all. I can from Windows (I dual ...

Web resources about - shortcut for updating a datasnap server connection parameters etc. when server procedure parameters or other has changed - embarcadero.datasnap

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly" thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...