How can I use a linux server as a proxy between a DataSnap server/client

I have a DataSnap Server that is behind a NAT firewall. I also have many DataSnap clients that need to connect to that server. I want to provide a connection proxy to help those two computers connect and transfer data. The server will be authorized for this service ahead of time and I thought the best way would be to have a dedicated port on my Linux servers IP for each server needing my connection service.
I have thought about L2TP type of VPN connection from the server to my linux server. It would be nice if I could create scripts/batch files on both ends to automate the install and make their server appear as a port on my Linux servers IP.
I have also thought there should be a way with the datasnap components to specify a proxy but I don't know what would need to be on the Linux side of things.
I am new to DataSnap so there may be an easy way to do this; I just haven't been able to find it.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

  Thanks,

  Mike
0
Mike
9/10/2012 4:36:19 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might be able to get help from a more linux network oriented forum. This question isn't that specific to datasnap. Not saying it isn't relevant, but I think most people might not have that deep of a working knowledge of linux.
0
Anders

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

How to know which client using the server methord in Datasnap Server? [Edit]
Hi, There are some clients which has connected the datasnap server. I have recorded their ChannelInfo.Id when these clients connect the server in Onconnect Event of Datasnap Server. Now if a client is preparing to use the Server Methord, how can I get this client's thread id or ChannelInfo.Id? I want to do this: 1.So I can record the time of this client invoked the server methord in Datasnap Server. 2.So I can disconnect this client's connection. Best regards, Sunstone Edited by: sun stone on Feb 7, 2010 10:17 PM I want this to store session info in a server having...

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

DataSnap : client switches from dead server to alive server
I am very new of this thing: DataSnap , client-server application. I need solution about 2 servers. When one of them crashes, client just gets error message and user simply changes to another server, such as type 'server name'. First, I use 'LoadParamsFromIniFile' every time I start to connect, but it does not work. Anyone can show me some lines of code to solve my problem or some suggestions? PS. I am using XE3 with embedded component. Thank you Hi there, I just got an answer by doing this:- declare.... private { Private declarations } ...

Can OpenVPN server also be used as a proxy server?
Hi, I travel often and therefore run into the unsecured wireless / ethernet problem. In order to solve this I have an SSH and OpenVPN server running at home. I have a NAT router and all my machines also run a software firewall. All NAT ports are closed, so I'm using TOR to open port forwarding for SSH and OpenVPN. This means remote administration needs to be enabled on my ethernet router (argh, see no other way, unless I leave the ports open all the time). Unfortunately the router won't take an HTTPS connection, which is the reason for TOR (otherwise router pass...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

What DNS server is used when using a proxy server?
Hey to all :) When you are using an anonymous proxy-server for the internet what happens with the translation of typed URLs to the IP address? What DNS server is used for the URL translation of the websites you visit? 1. The DNS server of your ISP or 2. the DNS server of the anonymous proxy server? Or in other words, who manages the URL translation for the visited websites: your ISP or the anonymous proxy server? Thanx in advance, Little Admin On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:45:32 +0100, Little Admin <i-do-not-have-email@hotmail.com> wrote: > When you are us...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

How can I update a DataSnap server while clients are still connected?
We use stateful DataSnap servers for some business logic tasks and also to provide clientdataset data. If we have to update the server to modify a business rule, we copy the new version into a new empty folder and register it (depending on the Delphi version, just by launching or by running the TRegSvr utility). We can do this even while the old server instance is running. However, after registering the new version, all new client connections will still use the currently running (old) server instance. All clients have to disconnect first, then the new server will be used for ...

server.mappath does not work on production server can view video using server.mappath
I am trying to use server.mappath to view video which is saved in folder on the server.It does not show the video .If I try to access the video using my ip address on the server I can see it,but not through server.mappath. Things are ok on development machine. Please help.I am using windows media player to view the video.<div id="VideoDisplay"> <object id="msnVwmp" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" style="width: 250px; height: 250px; position:absolute;left:0px; top:10px" type="application/x-oleobject" sta...

Reconnect to DataSnap server or MySQL server
I'm trying to make a DataSnap server/client system. Apart from a lot of other problems the most troublesome problem right now is that I am unable to reconnect a TSQLConnection after it has failed. I have several TSQLConnections: * Client -> DataSnap Server * DataSnap Server -> Other DataSnap server * DataSnap Server -> MySQL Database All these connections will sometimes die. For example if the internet connection goes down or if one of the servers (MySQL/DataSnap) is restarted. When this happens I will get an Exception and the current SQL query or server method fails....

DataSnap Server
Hi, I have an XE2 DataSnap server (Windows service) which uses ADO to query a MS SQL database to return results to clients. As ADO is COM based, it requires the CoInitializeEx and CoUninitialize commands around any ADO statements. My DataSnap server is working fine, other than the fact that when I stop the service, I always get an 'Application Error' message in the Event Log, along with an 'APPCRASH' information message. I'm sure this is related to the CoInit.. commands. I have none-DataSnap Windows serv ice apps that use ADO and stop fine with no errors. I'...

Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in opensuse linux
Hi, Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in opensuse Linux. can anybody support us.... Thanks & Regards, prasad -- victoryprasad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On 06/29/2011 09:06 AM, victoryprasad wrote: > > Can't connect to netware 3.12 server using netware client 1.1. in > opensuse Linux. -=welcome=- new poster!! i'm just guessing, but this is the openSUSE forum and i have a feeling you are using Novell/Attachmatess SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (or maybe ...

Web resources about - How can I use a linux server as a proxy between a DataSnap server/client - embarcadero.datasnap

Companies Directory - Job Fusion
D1 Locker D2L D4D Technologies DAA Deutsche Auftragsagentur Dabble Dabble DB Dabee Dabizmo DabKick Dabo Health Dacentec Dachis Group ...

Embarcadero Webinars

David I - Head is in the cloud, feet planted firmly in the ground
... I’s (David Intersimone) Embarcadero blog about programming, languages, databases, history, and more. , and filed under Cloud Computing , DataSnap ...

RAD Studio 2015 Roadmap
Rad Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, and Appmethod 2015 Technology Roadmap from JT at EmbarcaderoTechnologies

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Contact Us - Ginktage
Home Privacy Policy Contact Us Home .NET Events Microsoft Office SQL Server Tools Gadgets Technology Tips&Tricks Contact Us Ginktage Learn , ...

News Briefs: December 15, 2008 - SD Times: Software Development News
AccuSoft creates an SDK for Web imaging software, while Artisan releases a free version of Artisan Studio. Also, Bredex, Embarcadero, Ilog and ...

Craig Stuntz’s Weblog : Site Map
Craig Stuntz’s Weblog F# • Compilers • Programming Languages • Functional Programming • Web Skip to content Home About Site Map Site Map Share ...

iBeacon Hack Makes It More Efficient To Wait Tables
Here at the 2014 TechCrunch Disrupt SF hackathon two-man hack team, Ray Ho and Mark Watson, showed off a simple but promising concept that combines ...

Te Waka o Delphi · Poll Archives
Keeping Delphi afloat in Aotearoa