Firemonkey Datasnap client connection reset by peer or socket error

I am using RAD Studio XE5 and C++ Builder.

I have a Firemonkey application that is running on a poor network.  It looses connection with the server at random, and I need to detect when that is happening.  I would like to be able to trap the errors for Socket errors and the try to reconnect if I can.  The issue is that there was a TApplicationEvents for VCL that could do that.  I see nothing like that for Firmonkey.

How can I trap or detect a disconnect for the client application in Firmonkey.

Thanks,
0
Brett
1/13/2014 4:18:54 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Datasnap "connection reset by peer" error on iOS?
Hi, i use 3 tier application on iOS. iOS client, windows server and SQL server. i use datasnap tcp/ip for client-server connection. Everything good but after program goes to background, connection broken and iOS application gives "connection reset by peer" error. How could i solve this? - is there a way detect application goes to background? - is there a way detect connection broken and reconnect without gives an error? Thanks. ...

"Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" error in TidHTTPServer
I have been playing around with TidHTTPServer from Indy 10.5.8.0 (supplied with RAD XE2). I am not using any IO handlers, nor am I assigning a stream to Response.ContentStream. I am just returning some text back in Response.ContentText. I am Using IE 8.0 as my web browser, everything works fine until I close the browser, then I get the exception EIdSocketError "Socket Error#10054 Connection Reset By Peer." If I click on continue, the program continues to execute. The curious thing though, the exception only throws when I close the Browser with my server...

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.
Hello I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4. Not always but mostly I get an Exception EIdSocket Error when I show a new IWForm (or going back to the existing). Text: Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer. I'm not sure where to look. I write a database application with Oracle and Odac components from DevArts and I use also TMS Intraweb components. Any Idea how I can find out ? Thank you Christian > {quote:title=Christian Bugge wrote:}{quote} > Hello > I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4. > > Not always b...

Datasnap, iOS and Sleep button
I have never used DataSnap before, so I might have missed some basics. Anyway: If you press the sleep button on the iPhone, and then open the app again, the connection to the datasnap server is lost. I have for instance this simple procedure in an iOS-client, where I display a message using the sample EchoString-method in Datasnap: procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject); var Server:TServerMethods1Client; begin Server:=TServerMethods1Client.Create(SQLConnection1.DBXConnection); Try ShowMessage(Server.EchoString('Test')); Finally Server.Free; End; en...

Handling Indy10 exceptions
Hi there everyone, I am using Indy10 TCP Server/Client and I'm thinking of a way to handle an exception of type socket error #10054 - connection reset by peer. This sort of error can happen accidentally for example if the client computer experiences a sudden power failure or the client program is "killed" in the Task Manager. Server side, I have a listview that shows all connected clients. So whenever a socket error #10054 happens, the server MUST remove the client from the listview and return the client's database connection to a connection pool. That is what I've ...

Delphi XE2, datasnap "Socket error 10061 connection refused"?
I cannot get it a datasnap application to work when a server app is installed on another Windows computer. It works fine on the when both client and server run on the same system. I have opened the port I am using in the Firewall on both computers. Any ideas? Thank you, Andre Hi Andrzej, > I cannot get it a datasnap application to work when > a server app is installed on another Windows computer. > It works fine on the when both client and server run on > the same system. I have opened the port I am using > in the Firewall on both computers. Which protocol a...

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

RE: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/RPC/PlServer/Comm.pm line 110.
Hmmmm. Is the resolved in 5.8 ? Perl 5.6.1 on Win32 leaks socket handles - maybe that's the reason. Windows Server - $VERSION =3D '1.012'; Unix Machine - $VERSION =3D '2.08'; -----Original Message----- From: Steffen Goeldner [mailto:sgoeldner@cpan.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:58 AM To: Jochen Wiedmann Cc: dbi-users@perl.org; Woodrow, Michael A, ALABS; Sackner, Beth A, ALABS; Morello, Anthony, ALABS; Long, Dan, ALABS; Esser, Marc A, ALABS Subject: Re: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1...

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

DataSnap server
I have a Delphi XE2 DataSnap server (Windows service) connected to a backend MS SQL Server 2008 (same server box) serving REST client requests. Everything has been working great for some time until recently I had an issue where for some reason the DataSnap service lost connection to the SQL Server. The service failed to re-establish a connection and I had to restart the DataSnap service to continue. This got me thinking because currently the service only uses 1 SQL connection (TADOConnection) shared fo r all the client requests. I did this because I didn't want the overhead of instant...

DataSnap Client connection configuration
The DataSnap Server can be accessed by URL: http://localhost/QHR_DataSnapServer/QHR_DataSnapServer.dll The TSQLconnection connection properties have been defined in .ini file as follow: [ClientConnection] drivername=DATASNAP port=80 communicationprotocol=http hostname=localhost urlpath=QHR_DataSnapServer/QHR_DataSnapServer.dll The DataSnap Client code that used to configure the connection as follow: SQLConnection1 := TSQLConnection.Create(nil); // create the SQL connection for DataSnap Server connParams := DBXUtils.GetDataSnapConnectionParams('ClientConnection');...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

Web resources about - Firemonkey Datasnap client connection reset by peer or socket error - embarcadero.datasnap

firemonkeys - iMore