Delphi XE2 DataSnap SSL connection

Hi,
I need to create Delphi XE2 DataSnap desktop application working over internet. So I want to use SSL encryption for communication between server and clients with public and private key. Server must accept connections only with proper SSL key ( datasnap server must check this ).

And I have questions:
1. Which is better protocol for this - HTTPS or TCP/IP with encryption filters?
2. Can I see somewhere example how to do this with SSL public and private key, because I can not find such example?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan
0
Ivan
5/15/2013 8:04:46 AM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DataSnap XE2 , is this bug in datasnap ?
Hello I create small datasnap server , the lifecycle=session , the problem is : Create client and put tow sqlconnection in form or datamodule , and connect to that server , when made call , the methods in servermethods (may or may not) one of the servermethod class is destroy , many ways to call methods in both connections but the class is destryed in server. I trace and debug every thing possible but nothing wrong . I test these on xp ( sometimes problem is on ) I test on win7 same as above I test on Server2003 , the same I test on server 2008 , the same I test it as Delphi im...

Delphi XE2 DataSnap Server
I'm building an XE2 DataSnap server which will serve connections from REST clients. My DSServerClass LifeCycle property is set to 'Invocation'. What I want to do is to log the details of all client connections to the server, including the following details : username, IP address, protocol, application name. I can currently get these details using the following events : DSAuthenticationManager - UserAuthenticate() : username, protocol (using the standard parameters passed in) DSServer - Connect() : protocol, IP address, application name (using DSConnectEventObject.ChannelInf...

Delphi XE2, datasnap "Socket error 10061 connection refused"?
I cannot get it a datasnap application to work when a server app is installed on another Windows computer. It works fine on the when both client and server run on the same system. I have opened the port I am using in the Firewall on both computers. Any ideas? Thank you, Andre Hi Andrzej, > I cannot get it a datasnap application to work when > a server app is installed on another Windows computer. > It works fine on the when both client and server run on > the same system. I have opened the port I am using > in the Firewall on both computers. Which protocol a...

Delphi XE2/DataSnap problem
I have run into a problem that completely mystifies me: An application that worked ok in Delphi XE fails in XE2 in a most peculiar way. A simple SaveToFile for a TComboBox which normally works ok fails if attempted after data transfer using DataSnap callback has been done to the owning module. The data transfer (of a StringList) does not relate to the combobox in any way, The error message is"Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x00000000: read of address 0x00000000". On the net I have found numerous notes of "class $C0000005" errors in XE2 but...

DataSnap in Delphi XE2 Professional
Pardon if this the wrong place to post this... Couldn't find any way to contact Sales (??!) Can DataSnap be purchased separately and utilized with Delphi XE2 Professional, without upgrading to the Enterprise edition? Thanks Polaris Microsystems Owner wrote: > Pardon if this the wrong place to post this... Couldn't find any way > to contact Sales (??!) JFTR, these are a peer support forums/groups, that means that people at Embarcadero don't necessarily read your post(s). Anyway, see: http://www.embarcadero.com/company/contact-sales > Can DataSnap be ...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

Delphi XE2 / Datasnap / Firebird
Hello, I have done a win32 Datasnap Server with XE2 I have put DBXFB.dll (win32) in the System32 directory. As i try to to open the SQLConnection with the firebird database on a server (where Delphi XE2 is not installed), i have the message "DBX Error : The driver has not been properly initialized. The client library is missing, isn't properly installed, his version is incorrect, or the driver isn't in the system directory. I have been trying with Firebird 2.5 and 2.1, and with dbxfb.dll in 32b and 64b mode... how could i solve this problem ? Thanks, Simon Hi, I s...

Delphi XE2 Datasnap Template
I am trying to create a Delphi DataSnap server. When I open the new project templates, I do not see the DataSnap templates that I see in all the tutorials. I only see the WebSnap. I am using updated version of XE2. Am I suppose to download these templates and install? > I am trying to create a Delphi DataSnap server. What version of XE2 are you using? Does it support DataSnap? (not starter, not professional..) > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > > I am trying to create a Delphi DataSnap server. > What version of XE2 are you using? > Does it support Da...

Can Delphi 2010 DataSnap work with DataSnap CGI application?
Hi, I managed to create an DataSnap ISAPI DLL works with IIS and it works well. I may now use TDSProviderConnection with TSQLConnection (using DataSnap as driver) in client side to consume the ISAPI services. This time, I try create a CGI Datasnap server application.to replace the ISAPI DLL. I managed to create the CGI datasnap server. However, my client doesn't able to consume the services. It either hang forever, or prompt "HTTP/1/1 500 session expired". Does anyone have ideas what's going on? Or the Delphi 2010 datasnap doesn't works with CGI? -- Best...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

Delphi XE2 DataSnap encryption filter
Hi, I'm using Delphi XE2. I want my DataSnap application to communicate over internet and I need to encrypt communication between server and client. Can someone show me example how to use datasnap encryption filter to encrypt communication? Thanks in advance! ...

Delphi XE2 + DataSnap + Delpoyment + Error
Hi all I have developed one DataSnap Application in DelphiXE2. It works ok on my computed. I want to deploy it on a Windows Server 2008 64 bit OS. I upload the exe file in one folder, make port forwarding and all the configuration. The application has started. Any client that want to connect get the error "Connection Closed Gracefully". After searching the internet I copied the following DLL near the application. Midas.Dll libeay32.dll ssleay32.dll the error persist. Now how can I determine what files my application require.... I search but not find a reliable sol...

Indy stack Error with Delphi XE2 and DAtaSnap
Trying to get through the multitier datasnap server demo and I keep getting a socket error # 10061 Socket refused - every thing compiles and works up until I test the TSQLConnection - I have loading the user/pass params and entering at login. All the test connections seemed to be fine until this point? [50FA3CB7]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstack.TIdStack.RaiseSocketError + $73 [50FA3C3E]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstack.TIdStack.RaiseLastSocketError + $16 [50FA3BA9]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstack.TIdStack.CheckForSocketError + $15 [50FA0AFD]{IndySystem160.bpl} Idstackwindows.TIdStackWindows.Connect + $...

An example of connection Delphi/Firebird via DataSnap?
Hello. I need an example on which of the DataSnap components to use, and how to connect it with a datasource and a DBGrid to have EMPLOYEE.FDB, on the Firebird Server, showing up in the Grid? :) Kai Inge Forgot to mention that I use D 2009 E. Thanks in advance. "Kai Inge Buseth" <kaiib@broadpark.no> skrev i melding news:28385@forums.codegear.com... > Hello. > > I need an example on which of the DataSnap components to use, and how to > connect it with a datasource and a DBGrid > to have EMPLOYEE.FDB, on the Firebird Server, showing up in the...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 DataSnap SSL connection - embarcadero.datasnap

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...