Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server

Hi,

it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component?

Thanks.

Bye
0
Pasquale
9/5/2012 4:37:05 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote:

> it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest
> web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have
> to use an idhttp (or other) component?

You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd
probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement
all the metadata APIs required that allow the REST client components to
weave their magic.

--
Cheers,
David Clegg

"If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing
defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer
Simpson
0
David

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

DataSnap/REST
Hello, I am having problem to trying to send a file or JSON class for the server. The return of the server is "message content is not a valid json value". I use Delphi XE5. Also, I'm using the RESTClient and RESTRequest components for the connection. Below is my routine client and server. {code} {Call} SendExame('C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Image01.png'); {Client} procedure SendExame(file_path: String); var jsonObj: TJSONObject; mStream: TMemoryStream; aParam: TRESTRequestParameter; begin jsonObj := TJSONObject.Create; try mStream := T...

DataSnap/REST
Hello, I am having problem to trying send a file or JSON class for the server. The return of the server is "message content is not a valid json value". I use Delphi XE5. Also, I'm using the RESTClient and RESTRequest components for the connection. Below is my routine client and server. {code} {Call} SendExame('C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Image01.png'); {Client} procedure SendExame(file_path: String); var jsonObj: TJSONObject; mStream: TMemoryStream; aParam: TRESTRequestParameter; begin jsonObj := TJSONObject.Create; try mStream := TMem...

DataSnap REST Server/Client LifeCycle Session does not work
Hello, in this post http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41289 the LifeCycle management is described. If I test this with a DataSnap REST Server and Client the LifeCycle "session" will always create/free my DSServerClass (and generate an other GUID). Is this is a bug or a limitation of the REST architecture? (Delphi XE3) Regards Mathias Pannier Am 13.06.2014 14:02, schrieb Mathias Pannier: > in this post http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41289 the LifeCycle > management is described. If I test this with a DataSnap REST Server and > Client the LifeCycle &quo...

REST Datasnap Server seperate Callback to multiple clients
I have a REST server that send a callback messages to the clients. Each channel get named with an int value. Channel1 -> Client1 Channel2 -> Client2 It is initiated by a common procedure an being broadcast over the SDServer, but if I inciate this call form two clients at once, just one of them gets updated and the latter have to wait for the prior to complete. Is there a way around this? ...

DataSnap XE2 , is this bug in datasnap ?
Hello I create small datasnap server , the lifecycle=session , the problem is : Create client and put tow sqlconnection in form or datamodule , and connect to that server , when made call , the methods in servermethods (may or may not) one of the servermethod class is destroy , many ways to call methods in both connections but the class is destryed in server. I trace and debug every thing possible but nothing wrong . I test these on xp ( sometimes problem is on ) I test on win7 same as above I test on Server2003 , the same I test on server 2008 , the same I test it as Delphi im...

Send Image Data from Android client to Datasnap Rest Server
I have an Android app that communicates to a Datasnap Rest Server for data exchange. The client collects data, including images and needs to store them on a SQL database on the server machine. I can send the related data no problem. My problem is working out how to send image data from the Android client to the server. I've looked at the various sample apps, but can't find anything that looks like what I need. Thanks ...

DataSnap
Is possible send an array like parameter through a function in Datasnap ? > {quote:title=Hector Gomez wrote:}{quote} > Is possible send an array like parameter through a function in Datasnap ? There is a special Forum for datasnap: https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=325 You have to be more specific how you use datasnap. If you use a webbroker datasnap server (using HTML pages to communicate with the datasnap) you can add an array in javascript and submit it to the datasnap server. On the datasnap server function you can analyse the array. {code} //Client...

DataSnap
Hello, All There Datasnap server designed to Delphi XE5 . Using protocol TCP. Port 211. The thread pool is set to 20. Life cycle = Session . The server has one standard method Echostring . Create a client. on the client server method is called Echostring in the number of 100,000 requests using the thread pool. Each thread is dynamically created object TSqlConnection. In various situations, the server can not just accept requests from the client ( it can handle 20,000 or more queries in the log server and the client there are no errors ) . Is unloaded from the memory of the client and run ...

DataSnap
DataSnap is advertised for c++ 2010, but does anyone know if it is actually supposed to work in 2010? The reason I ask is I can't get a datasnap server to work at all. I have succeeded in getting a client to work but the client proxy generator generates buggy code that requires manual changes before it will work. Any insight from CodeGear? or anyone else? In article <156892@forums.codegear.com>, Er No <eric@nospam.rcs100.fixthis.com> wrote: > DataSnap is advertised for c++ 2010, but does anyone know if > it is actually supposed to work in 2010? >...

DataSnap
Helllo, I begin development with DataSnap. I want to know if it is possible that datasnap creates a process by client. best regards, ...

Datasnap
Hello, I'm studying the datasnap environment and I have a dought: On the main class of the datasnap server, I have declared a public property of another object, and I want to access this object on datasnap client: TServerClass = class(TDSServerModule) private FUser: TUser; public property User: TUser read FUser; end; Thanks. Francisco Luiz Zanini Desenvolvedor +55 11 4226-3686 Hi! > TServerClass = class(TDSServerModule) > private > FUser: TUser; > public > property User: TUser read FUser; > end; You can only access suppor...