DataSnap in XE2 - no where to be seen

I'm attempting to familiarise myself with the ChatRoom demo and discover it needs DataSnap.  As I need to learn some TCP/IP stuff relating to listening at ports, etc.

Unfortunately I can't find DataSnap - anywhere.  Not when starting up a new Project - No DataSnap wizard.  Not on the tools palette.

What could be the problem? Anyone?

Thanks

Alan
0
Alan
1/2/2013 11:49:43 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Alan Jeffery wrote:}{quote}
> I'm attempting to familiarise myself with the ChatRoom demo and discover it needs DataSnap.  As I need to learn some TCP/IP stuff relating to listening at ports, etc.
>
> Unfortunately I can't find DataSnap - anywhere.  Not when starting up a new Project - No DataSnap wizard.  Not on the tools palette.
>
> What could be the problem? Anyone?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alan

I have discovered that the DataSnap packages are installed.  But there are no components, and therefore nothing on the Tools palette.  Is this the expected behaviour?

I also see that there are packages DataSnapServer160 and DataSnapClient160. I attempted to install them as well. Nothing.

This is very strange. And doesn't match any of the documentation I've read so far.

Alan
0
Alan
1/3/2013 12:23:12 AM
> {quote:title=Alan Jeffery wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Alan Jeffery wrote:}{quote}
> > I'm attempting to familiarise myself with the ChatRoom demo and discover it needs DataSnap.  As I need to learn some TCP/IP stuff relating to listening at ports, etc.
> >
> > Unfortunately I can't find DataSnap - anywhere.  Not when starting up a new Project - No DataSnap wizard.  Not on the tools palette.
> >
> > What could be the problem? Anyone?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Alan
>
> I have discovered that the DataSnap packages are installed.  But there are no components, and therefore nothing on the Tools palette.  Is this the expected behaviour?
>
> I also see that there are packages DataSnapServer160 and DataSnapClient160. I attempted to install them as well. Nothing.
>
> This is very strange. And doesn't match any of the documentation I've read so far.
>
> Alan

Problem "solved".  I have XE2 Professional.  DataSnap, while being visible on the packages list, can't be installed.

Alan
0
Alan
1/3/2013 6:05:04 PM
Alan Jeffery wrote:

> Problem "solved".  I have XE2 Professional.  DataSnap, while being visible on the packages list, can't be installed.
>
> Alan

That is because Pro can write DataSnap clients, it can not write servers.  Hence
the packages are there for the client side support.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Alan Jeffery wrote:
> >
> > Problem "solved".  I have XE2 Professional.  DataSnap, while being visible on the packages list, can't be installed.
> >
> > Alan
>
> That is because Pro can write DataSnap clients, it can not write servers.  Hence
> the packages are there for the client side support.
>
> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

I take it the units have to be explicitly added to the uses clause?

Alan
0
Alan
1/4/2013 12:50:17 AM
On 03.01.2013 19:05, Alan Jeffery wrote:
>> {quote:title=Alan Jeffery wrote:}{quote}
>>> {quote:title=Alan Jeffery wrote:}{quote}
>>> I'm attempting to familiarise myself with the ChatRoom demo and discover it needs DataSnap.  As I need to learn some TCP/IP stuff relating to listening at ports, etc.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I can't find DataSnap - anywhere.  Not when starting up a new Project - No DataSnap wizard.  Not on the tools palette.
>>>
>>> What could be the problem? Anyone?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Alan
>>
>> I have discovered that the DataSnap packages are installed.  But there are no components, and therefore nothing on the Tools palette.  Is this the expected behaviour?
>>
>> I also see that there are packages DataSnapServer160 and DataSnapClient160. I attempted to install them as well. Nothing.
>>
>> This is very strange. And doesn't match any of the documentation I've read so far.
>>
>> Alan
>
> Problem "solved".  I have XE2 Professional.  DataSnap, while being visible on the packages list, can't be installed.
>
> Alan

The moment you are going to make a Oracle database client which perhaps
should be used on 500 computers (in my case 900), and you are
responsible for having the Oracle client up to date when Oracle do some
changes, you will quickly realize that an upgrade to Delphi Enterprise
in order to make thin client where you should only update ___one___
computer with recent Oracle client, the computer with the datasnap server.

And, using datasnap, you may put everything behind a router and a local
network and only expose the ports used by one or more datasnap servers.

Compared to running around and update 500 computers several times a year
and if some is forgotten, use lot of time to debug only to find that the
culprit is an outdated client.
0
Alf

DataSnap XE2 , is this bug in datasnap ?
Hello I create small datasnap server , the lifecycle=session , the problem is : Create client and put tow sqlconnection in form or datamodule , and connect to that server , when made call , the methods in servermethods (may or may not) one of the servermethod class is destroy , many ways to call methods in both connections but the class is destryed in server. I trace and debug every thing possible but nothing wrong . I test these on xp ( sometimes problem is on ) I test on win7 same as above I test on Server2003 , the same I test on server 2008 , the same I test it as Delphi im...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

DataSnap
DataSnap is advertised for c++ 2010, but does anyone know if it is actually supposed to work in 2010? The reason I ask is I can't get a datasnap server to work at all. I have succeeded in getting a client to work but the client proxy generator generates buggy code that requires manual changes before it will work. Any insight from CodeGear? or anyone else? In article <156892@forums.codegear.com>, Er No <eric@nospam.rcs100.fixthis.com> wrote: > DataSnap is advertised for c++ 2010, but does anyone know if > it is actually supposed to work in 2010? >...

DataSnap
Is possible send an array like parameter through a function in Datasnap ? > {quote:title=Hector Gomez wrote:}{quote} > Is possible send an array like parameter through a function in Datasnap ? There is a special Forum for datasnap: https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=325 You have to be more specific how you use datasnap. If you use a webbroker datasnap server (using HTML pages to communicate with the datasnap) you can add an array in javascript and submit it to the datasnap server. On the datasnap server function you can analyse the array. {code} //Client...

Datasnap
Hello, I'm studying the datasnap environment and I have a dought: On the main class of the datasnap server, I have declared a public property of another object, and I want to access this object on datasnap client: TServerClass = class(TDSServerModule) private FUser: TUser; public property User: TUser read FUser; end; Thanks. Francisco Luiz Zanini Desenvolvedor +55 11 4226-3686 Hi! > TServerClass = class(TDSServerModule) > private > FUser: TUser; > public > property User: TUser read FUser; > end; You can only access suppor...

DataSnap
Helllo, I begin development with DataSnap. I want to know if it is possible that datasnap creates a process by client. best regards, ...

DataSnap
Hello, All There Datasnap server designed to Delphi XE5 . Using protocol TCP. Port 211. The thread pool is set to 20. Life cycle = Session . The server has one standard method Echostring . Create a client. on the client server method is called Echostring in the number of 100,000 requests using the thread pool. Each thread is dynamically created object TSqlConnection. In various situations, the server can not just accept requests from the client ( it can handle 20,000 or more queries in the log server and the client there are no errors ) . Is unloaded from the memory of the client and run ...

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

Datasnap ->Datasnap = Mobile connector [Edit]
Any Example / Sample of Datasnap -> Dataset to Android List to display employee list I try with Json Array It is working with Json Array + Json Object But any good example to use Master Detail Data with mobile Connector needed Edited by: veenu tanwar on Sep 16, 2011 9:12 AM ...

Where is Datasnap?
I've recently bought Delphi XE and installed it. Having followed some of the Datasnap examples on youtube it looked like a good solution to a specific development project. However as soon as I go to File | New | Other | Delphi Projects there is a limited list of projects, none of them being Datasnap Server. Have I bought a version that doesn't have this? I think it's professional. Do I need to pay more money? Would be really great if this was spelled out somewhere. Anyone any idea what I need to do to get a Datasnap Server or how much I have to pay more? Or any other solutions? ...

DataSnap.....
What is DataSnap? When A fellow engineer tries to build my code it says it can't find the DataSnap.bpi or DataSnapCleint.lib. I didn't know I was using them. Is there anyway I can disable that feature? Thanks, Joe > {quote:title=Joseph Zapetis wrote:}{quote} > What is DataSnap? When A fellow engineer tries to build my code it says it can't find the DataSnap.bpi or DataSnapCleint.lib. I didn't know I was using them. Is there anyway I can disable that feature? It seems to me that your fellow engineer runs a "smaller" version of CPPBuilder which d...

Datasnap for XE2 professional
Datasnap is available for all the versions of embarcadero in particular the professional version ? Am 28.08.2012 14:27, schrieb Graveron Marc-Philippe: > Datasnap is available for all the versions of embarcadero in particular > the professional version ? > No, you need at least Enterprise. -- Uwe Raabe Embarcadero MVP Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/> ...

More on DataSnap
I have a datasnap client running in a DLL. Going great. The only problem having now is handling remote exceptions. How do I write an event handler for remote exceptions. -- - Eduardo In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. -- Jan L.A. van de Snepcheut Eduardo A. Salgado WideOrbit, Inc. easalgado@wideorbit.com ...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

Web resources about - DataSnap in XE2 - no where to be seen - embarcadero.datasnap

Companies Directory - Job Fusion
D1 Locker D2L D4D Technologies DAA Deutsche Auftragsagentur Dabble Dabble DB Dabee Dabizmo DabKick Dabo Health Dacentec Dachis Group ...

Embarcadero Webinars

David I - Head is in the cloud, feet planted firmly in the ground
... I’s (David Intersimone) Embarcadero blog about programming, languages, databases, history, and more. , and filed under Cloud Computing , DataSnap ...

RAD Studio 2015 Roadmap
Rad Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, and Appmethod 2015 Technology Roadmap from JT at EmbarcaderoTechnologies

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Contact Us - Ginktage
Home Privacy Policy Contact Us Home .NET Events Microsoft Office SQL Server Tools Gadgets Technology Tips&Tricks Contact Us Ginktage Learn , ...

News Briefs: December 15, 2008 - SD Times: Software Development News
AccuSoft creates an SDK for Web imaging software, while Artisan releases a free version of Artisan Studio. Also, Bredex, Embarcadero, Ilog and ...

Craig Stuntz’s Weblog : Site Map
Craig Stuntz’s Weblog F# • Compilers • Programming Languages • Functional Programming • Web Skip to content Home About Site Map Site Map Share ...

iBeacon Hack Makes It More Efficient To Wait Tables
Here at the 2014 TechCrunch Disrupt SF hackathon two-man hack team, Ray Ho and Mark Watson, showed off a simple but promising concept that combines ...

Te Waka o Delphi · Poll Archives
Keeping Delphi afloat in Aotearoa