DataSnap : client switches from dead server to alive server

I am very new of this thing: DataSnap , client-server application.

I need solution about 2 servers.

When one of them crashes, client just gets error message and user simply changes to another server, such as type 'server name'.

First, I use 'LoadParamsFromIniFile' every time I start to connect, but it does not work.

Anyone can show me some lines of code to solve my problem or some suggestions?

PS. I am using XE3 with embedded component.

Thank you
0
Anuchit
3/26/2014 11:29:37 AM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi there,

I just got an answer by doing this:-

declare....

  private
    { Private declarations }
    FConnection : TSQLConnection;

coding....

    FConnection := TSQLConnection.Create(Self);
    FConnection.LoginPrompt:=False;
    FConnection.DriverName:='DataSnap';  (* MUST HAVE to build internal param. automatically *)
    FConnection.ConnectionName:='MyDataSnap';
    FConnection.LoadParamsFromIniFile('dbxconnections.ini');
    DSProviderConnection1.SQLConnection:=FConnection;
    FConnection.Free; (* destroy after login successful or fail *)

By doing this, it works perfectly.

Anuchit
0
Anuchit

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Datasnap Rest client and no datasnap server
Hi, it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have to use an idhttp (or other) component? Thanks. Bye Pasquale Di Giovanni wrote: > > it's possible to use a delphi datasnap rest client to consume a rest > web services written in other lenguages (like java or php) or i have > to use an idhttp (or other) component? You could in theory, but it may be more trouble than its worth. You'd probably have to have control of the REST server so you can implement all the...

XE Datasnap Client expection with a XE2 DataSnap Server.
I have developed a simple DataSnap Server on XE2 and the client that connects to this server is under XE. Everything works just fine except when freeing the ClientProxy Module on the client side I get the following exception " TDXError with message Invalid Ordinal 3." followed by a AV. Any hints how to avoid this exception or the Server must be on XE also? Thanks in Advance, Omar Zelaya I have now the DataSanp Server on XE and the client no longer throws the exception. So the question now is, it is possible to use a XE DataSnap Client with a XE2 DataSnap Se...

How can I use a linux server as a proxy between a DataSnap server/client
I have a DataSnap Server that is behind a NAT firewall. I also have many DataSnap clients that need to connect to that server. I want to provide a connection proxy to help those two computers connect and transfer data. The server will be authorized for this service ahead of time and I thought the best way would be to have a dedicated port on my Linux servers IP for each server needing my connection service. I have thought about L2TP type of VPN connection from the server to my linux server. It would be nice if I could create scripts/batch files on both ends to automate the install and make th...

Connect Old Datasnap Clients with new datasnap Server ? [Edit]
Is it possible to connect a XE5 datasnap server with Borland C++ 6 Datasnap clients ? I want to know this before starting ... Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:49 PM Edited by: Bart vd Voort vd Kleij on Jan 9, 2014 11:51 PM ...

How to know which client using the server methord in Datasnap Server? [Edit]
Hi, There are some clients which has connected the datasnap server. I have recorded their ChannelInfo.Id when these clients connect the server in Onconnect Event of Datasnap Server. Now if a client is preparing to use the Server Methord, how can I get this client's thread id or ChannelInfo.Id? I want to do this: 1.So I can record the time of this client invoked the server methord in Datasnap Server. 2.So I can disconnect this client's connection. Best regards, Sunstone Edited by: sun stone on Feb 7, 2010 10:17 PM I want this to store session info in a server having...

Reconnect to DataSnap server or MySQL server
I'm trying to make a DataSnap server/client system. Apart from a lot of other problems the most troublesome problem right now is that I am unable to reconnect a TSQLConnection after it has failed. I have several TSQLConnections: * Client -> DataSnap Server * DataSnap Server -> Other DataSnap server * DataSnap Server -> MySQL Database All these connections will sometimes die. For example if the internet connection goes down or if one of the servers (MySQL/DataSnap) is restarted. When this happens I will get an Exception and the current SQL query or server method fails....

automation server to client and client to server
I have to applications that need to communicate with each other. Is it practical for both of them to be servers and clients to each other? One of the applications will work primarily as a server and will launch the other application. The newly launched application needs to be able to send occasional information to the server to update information in the application that launched it. Also, if the user attempts to close the launched application it needs to tell the launcher application to close the appl ication that it launched. Does this sound practical? This is kind of like launching wo...

DataSnap: Disconnecting a client from the server
Hello everybody, I encounter situations when a client connection shoud be dropped by the Server's action in spite of successful authentication/authorization completed. One example of such situation: Access to the same account should be restricted to only one connection at a time. A user did not close the client on one computer, then moved to another place and wishes to work from another location. The old connection should be shut down without any action taken by the 'old' client. Another example is abnormal shudown of the client, which entails the necessity to cleanup its...

DataSnap Server with multiple : TDSServerClass / server
Hi, we are in the process of migrating an old midas/com server project to the new DataSnap orientation. Trying to not confuse things (as they are so different approaches), we've started a server project from scratch, and then move some of the business logic (all that apply) to the new server. The main goal is to split the server logic into various server-modules, according to functionality... So: - all that has to do with banking accounts would lay in a module - anything involving sales would be in a separated module - employees and payroll (guess) another module... an...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

requirements on server and client machine for DataSnap
Hi all, I think i am a little bit confused about multi tier. I have done a lot of research about the topic and came across thin (or zero) clients. I learned that thin clients need a transaction server on the server machine to handle the communication. Now I am not sure about DataSnap with a "fat" client. what are the requirements for using DataSnap with thin and / or fat clients? - Do I need a transaction server and thus a Server version of Windows? - Is there anything - further than what comes with Delphi - necessary to run a 3 tier application? - how do I choose the ...

Delphi 2009 Datasnap server and client
Hello, I am trying develop Datasnap server and client. I have a type TStringArray = array of string;. I used this type in one of server method. When I am trying to Generate Datasnap Client classes it says 'Remote error:Unknow data type: TStringArray'. How can I register this data type? -- Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan Hello, Isn't there anyone to answer my question? Also I am getting same error if I use TStrings or TWideStringArray. Best Regards Md. Shariful Alam Khan "Md. Shariful Alam Khan" <murad_mouri@yahoo.com> wrote in messag...

Android Client And DataSnap Server XE2
Hi, I'm doing some tests on Android to call a DataSnap server method that returns a simple class. Delphi Side: TPrueba = class private FUnString : string; public published property UnString : string read FUnString write FUnString; end; Java Side: private class TPrueba { public String UnString; } With the following Datasnap server method: function RetornaEstructura(Value : string) : TPrueba; When I generate the java.android proxy the method returns a TJSONObject. 1. Is the Java class definition ok to match the Delphi one...

Web resources about - DataSnap : client switches from dead server to alive server - embarcadero.datasnap

Companies Directory - Job Fusion
D1 Locker D2L D4D Technologies DAA Deutsche Auftragsagentur Dabble Dabble DB Dabee Dabizmo DabKick Dabo Health Dacentec Dachis Group ...

Embarcadero Webinars

David I - Head is in the cloud, feet planted firmly in the ground
... I’s (David Intersimone) Embarcadero blog about programming, languages, databases, history, and more. , and filed under Cloud Computing , DataSnap ...

RAD Studio 2015 Roadmap
Rad Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, and Appmethod 2015 Technology Roadmap from JT at EmbarcaderoTechnologies

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Contact Us - Ginktage
Home Privacy Policy Contact Us Home .NET Events Microsoft Office SQL Server Tools Gadgets Technology Tips&Tricks Contact Us Ginktage Learn , ...

News Briefs: December 15, 2008 - SD Times: Software Development News
AccuSoft creates an SDK for Web imaging software, while Artisan releases a free version of Artisan Studio. Also, Bredex, Embarcadero, Ilog and ...

Craig Stuntz’s Weblog : Site Map
Craig Stuntz’s Weblog F# • Compilers • Programming Languages • Functional Programming • Web Skip to content Home About Site Map Site Map Share ...

iBeacon Hack Makes It More Efficient To Wait Tables
Here at the 2014 TechCrunch Disrupt SF hackathon two-man hack team, Ray Ho and Mark Watson, showed off a simple but promising concept that combines ...

Te Waka o Delphi · Poll Archives
Keeping Delphi afloat in Aotearoa