Connection reset by peer error 10054

Hello,

Using Delphi XE3 I developed a Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) application which works fine as you works with it...
To be more clear If I leave the app inactive and try to use it after 3/4 minutes I receive a "socket error #10054 connection reset by peer" error

I'm using a session live cycle on the server and I didn't changed any session default timeout (which should be 20mins.).
Is there any kind of inactivity timeout I have to set up for a longer period ?
Is there a way to intercept this error to try reconnecting to the server ?

Thanks,
Davide
0
Davide
5/15/2013 3:16:40 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 0 followers. Follow

at the end I discovered the problem was the firewall on the server side...
It reset the connection after 3 mins.

Now my problem is to find a way to intercept the connection reset error on the client side to avoid the application freezes and to notify the user.
Does it exists a way to ctach this exception/error ?

Thank you,
Davide

> {quote:title=Davide Rubbiani wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> Using Delphi XE3 I developed a Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) application which works fine as you works with it...
> To be more clear If I leave the app inactive and try to use it after 3/4 minutes I receive a "socket error #10054 connection reset by peer" error
>
> I'm using a session live cycle on the server and I didn't changed any session default timeout (which should be 20mins.).
> Is there any kind of inactivity timeout I have to set up for a longer period ?
> Is there a way to intercept this error to try reconnecting to the server ?
>
> Thanks,
> Davide
0
Davide

"Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" error in TidHTTPServer
I have been playing around with TidHTTPServer from Indy 10.5.8.0 (supplied with RAD XE2). I am not using any IO handlers, nor am I assigning a stream to Response.ContentStream. I am just returning some text back in Response.ContentText. I am Using IE 8.0 as my web browser, everything works fine until I close the browser, then I get the exception EIdSocketError "Socket Error#10054 Connection Reset By Peer." If I click on continue, the program continues to execute. The curious thing though, the exception only throws when I close the Browser with my server...

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.
Hello I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4. Not always but mostly I get an Exception EIdSocket Error when I show a new IWForm (or going back to the existing). Text: Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer. I'm not sure where to look. I write a database application with Oracle and Odac components from DevArts and I use also TMS Intraweb components. Any Idea how I can find out ? Thank you Christian > {quote:title=Christian Bugge wrote:}{quote} > Hello > I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4. > > Not always b...

Firemonkey Datasnap client connection reset by peer or socket error
I am using RAD Studio XE5 and C++ Builder. I have a Firemonkey application that is running on a poor network. It looses connection with the server at random, and I need to detect when that is happening. I would like to be able to trap the errors for Socket errors and the try to reconnect if I can. The issue is that there was a TApplicationEvents for VCL that could do that. I see nothing like that for Firmonkey. How can I trap or detect a disconnect for the client application in Firmonkey. Thanks, ...

Using IdHTTP I get Error 10054 Connection Reset by Peer
Hi, I'm trying to get a GIF image from a website every 15 minutes. But it only works the first time. At the next attempt (after 15 minutes) I get the error message. Here is the code : procedure TForm.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject); begin GetRadarImage; end; procedure TForm.GetRadarImage; var MS : TMemoryStream; GIf: TGIFImage; begin MS := TMemoryStream.Create; GIf := TGIFImage.Create; try IdHTTP1.get(RadarURL,MS); Ms.Seek(0,soFromBeginning); Gif.LoadFromStream(MS); Gif.SaveToFile(ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0))+'radar.tmp'); final...

Datasnap "connection reset by peer" error on iOS?
Hi, i use 3 tier application on iOS. iOS client, windows server and SQL server. i use datasnap tcp/ip for client-server connection. Everything good but after program goes to background, connection broken and iOS application gives "connection reset by peer" error. How could i solve this? - is there a way detect application goes to background? - is there a way detect connection broken and reconnect without gives an error? Thanks. ...

Handling Indy10 exceptions
Hi there everyone, I am using Indy10 TCP Server/Client and I'm thinking of a way to handle an exception of type socket error #10054 - connection reset by peer. This sort of error can happen accidentally for example if the client computer experiences a sudden power failure or the client program is "killed" in the Task Manager. Server side, I have a listview that shows all connected clients. So whenever a socket error #10054 happens, the server MUST remove the client from the listview and return the client's database connection to a connection pool. That is what I've ...

#10054 Connection reset by peer
Hi, I upgraded from Indy 10 r3830 to r4103. Now I (very) often get this #10054 exception after I disconnect. The same application using r3830 doesn't have this problem. In the status event of IdFtp: Disconnecting then Disconnected but then this exception (#100054). I found some changes in IdFtp "DisconnectNotifyPeer": - r4103: procedure TIdFTP.DisconnectNotifyPeer; begin if IOHandler.Connected then begin IOHandler.WriteLn('QUIT'); {do not localize} IOHandler.CheckForDataOnSource(100); if not IOHandler.InputBufferIsEmpty then begin ...

I/O Error Connection reset by peer
Hi everyone, I use Net::LDAP in a script that does a daily search on a large LDAP database (~80,000 entries). The expected return from the search is ~2000 entries. One run of the script threw up this error: my $mesg = $ldap->search(base=>...); $mesg->error was "I/O Error Connection reset by peer" I dont think this has anything to do with an ldap search size limit. For one thing, I expect to get a "sizelimit exceeded" error in that case and I have error-handling for that and the other thing is that I dont expect to exceed the size limit. I use...

Datasnap, iOS and Sleep button
I have never used DataSnap before, so I might have missed some basics. Anyway: If you press the sleep button on the iPhone, and then open the app again, the connection to the datasnap server is lost. I have for instance this simple procedure in an iOS-client, where I display a message using the sample EchoString-method in Datasnap: procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject); var Server:TServerMethods1Client; begin Server:=TServerMethods1Client.Create(SQLConnection1.DBXConnection); Try ShowMessage(Server.EchoString('Test')); Finally Server.Free; End; en...

Re: 500-Connection reset by peer errors (version 5.47)
I've found that using a proxy for http and https requests eliminates this problem. This is a good workaround for me, but it might suggest that there's something LWP is missing in the way of handling socket connections that other software (Apache, Lynx, Netscape...) does. One other (somewhat unrelated) thing I found that might help someone else out is that other browsers change the method of a redirected POST to GET. This was causing me problems where I couldn't get past the login on a secure site - I kept getting redirected in a circle back to the login page. Here&...

Connection Reset By Peer Error With Jaguar 4.2 Web Server
We have recently upgraded from Jaguar 4.1 to Jaguar 4.2. Our current runtime environment is Windows 2000, Jaguar 4.2 build 42012 and JDK 1.4.1_01. We use the Jaguar web server as well as the Jaguar application server. The browser that our users use is Netscape. Since the upgrade to Jaguar 4.2, we experience an intermittent problem in the web server. When a JSP is to be displayed to the user, occasionally the user gets a Netscape pop-up window stating "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network Error: Connection reset by peer). Try connecti...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

RE: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/RPC/PlServer/Comm.pm line 110.
Hmmmm. Is the resolved in 5.8 ? Perl 5.6.1 on Win32 leaks socket handles - maybe that's the reason. Windows Server - $VERSION =3D '1.012'; Unix Machine - $VERSION =3D '2.08'; -----Original Message----- From: Steffen Goeldner [mailto:sgoeldner@cpan.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:58 AM To: Jochen Wiedmann Cc: dbi-users@perl.org; Woodrow, Michael A, ALABS; Sackner, Beth A, ALABS; Morello, Anthony, ALABS; Long, Dan, ALABS; Esser, Marc A, ALABS Subject: Re: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1...

Web resources about - Connection reset by peer error 10054 - embarcadero.datasnap

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...