Trying to understand Packages

Hi

I am trying to make my first package and componet in CB2009
In the Project Manager
it like this:

AJ_Utils.bpl
  Build Con.....
Requires:
  rtl.bpi
Contains:
  AjDrives.cpp
    AjDrives.cpp
    AjDrives.h
  AJ_Utils.cpp
  AJ_Utils.res

Shouldn't there be a .bpk ?
there is only a AJ_Utils.cbproj
in the help it says that the package project file is caled dpk,
but in builder it should be bpk right ?

and when I look in the AJ_Utils.cpp what is shown below is
all there is shouldn't there be something like:
USEUNIT("AjDrives.cpp");
USERES("AjDrives.res");

AJ_Utils.cpp:

#include <basepch.h>
#pragma hdrstop
#pragma package(smart_init)

//   Package source.
#pragma argsused
int WINAPI DllEntryPoint(HINSTANCE hinst, unsigned long reason, void*)
{
   return 1;
}

Thanks in advance
Asger
0
Asger
12/23/2008 11:06:04 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing 359 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Asger Joergensen" <Junk@Asger-P.dk> wrote in message

> Shouldn't there be a .bpk ?

Not anymore.

> there is only a AJ_Utils.cbproj

That is fine.

> and when I look in the AJ_Utils.cpp what is shown below
> is all there is shouldn't there be something like:
> USEUNIT("AjDrives.cpp");
> USERES("AjDrives.res");

No.  Source files are referenced by the .cbproj file.  Even in older BCB
versions, the USE...() macros did not actually do anything starting in BCB
3.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> > Shouldn't there be a .bpk ?
>
> Not anymore.
>
> > there is only a AJ_Utils.cbproj
>
> That is fine.
>
> > and when I look in the AJ_Utils.cpp what is shown below
> > is all there is shouldn't there be something like:
> > USEUNIT("AjDrives.cpp");
> > USERES("AjDrives.res");
>
> No.  Source files are referenced by the .cbproj file.  Even in older
> BCB versions, the USE...() macros did not actually do anything
> starting in BCB 3.

Thank You very much
Kind regards
Asger
0
Asger

trying and trying
Name: otto de koningh Email: ottodotdedotkoninghatskynetdotbe Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: trying and trying Comments: what a weird robot !! please refrain from using these horrendous figures i like the motorcycle though shown on the add-ons page i am having trouble because there is an unknown dump on firefox - never encountered this ! your browser is otherwise top of the bill !! from Firefox Setup 1.5.0.3 onwards in May 2006 Firefox has become a true companion ! now with Firefox Setup 3.0 RC1 i have error reports ! how come ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (...

Trying to understand
Ok, I'm been trying to understand the new ADO.net thing, and it seems pretty simple, as long as your using databound controls.Unfortunatly, I have a lot of pages that I can just ad a grid view to and make the things look right, so I'm trying to understand how to programatically access ADO.net.Below is an example of some of the simplest code I need to convert and any help would be aprreciated.set connectionToDatabase=server.createobject("adodb.connection")connectionToDatabase.connectiontimeout=60connectionToDatabase.open "DSN=ServiceCalls"set rc=server.CreateObject...

writing a package
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6DF36.41B1E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As a learning exercise I am trying to write a perl module that compare = files. This is an example from Effective Perl Programming Book by Joseph = Hall. My error occurs when I run make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=3D1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" = "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/1....Test header seen more than once! # No tests run! t/1....dubious T...

Trying to understand...
Someone just hit me over 70 times inside 3 minutes on TCP ports over 63700 from 200.192.240.8. I dropped my connection and picked up a new IP, but is there really anything other than an attempt to invade my box that this kind of activity could be? Just trying to get an education... nospam@myaddress.com wrote: > > Someone just hit me over 70 times inside 3 minutes on TCP ports over > 63700 from 200.192.240.8. I dropped my connection and picked up a new > IP, but is there really anything other than an attempt to invade my box > that this kind of activity could be? J...

Trying to understand the stylesheet
If we give so many font names in the style sheet, which font is taken into consideration. Could any one explain me what this means. .Default { font-size:12px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular; } The font-family declaration is a list of "preferred" fonts, listed in order of preference. If the visitor's computer has Verdana installed, then Verdana will be the font used to render the page. If the visitor's computer does not have Verdana installed but has Arial installed, then Arial will be the font used to render the page. If the visitor's comp...

Trying to understand backup
I'm trying to figure out how a database backup works. Suppose I back up the database and transaction log, and truncate the log. The next day I back up just the log. A couple of days later I want to restore to the second backed-up version. I restore the first backup database and log, then run the engine with '-a' to apply changes from the second log. First, is that the correct procedure? Second, did I really need the first backup log to do that? In other words, if I back up a database and truncate the log, is there anything in the pre-truncate log that I need to rest...

Still trying to understand..
Hey fellow Linux users! Let me introduce myself to all of you, my name is Ben and I'm a recent Suse 11.0 installer/user/novice. Let me start by saying Linux is so amazing. I love the interface and its super stable and quick. I'd choose this over windows anyday! I recently got a little interested in linux about 3 years ago when one of my Compute teachers gave me a Live Knoppix Cd. And I thought it was the coolest thing ever. But I still have a little dificulty understanding how linux works. I mean I read alot of websites and everything but its still a little confusing to me....

Trying to understand some things
I'm not very technical, so I apologize in advance if what I'm asking doesn't quite make sense. I have a Maxtor 80GB drive that was my primary drive until it started having data and OS corruption problems. I ran the Maxtor utility Powermax and the basic test indicated the drive needed advanced testing. The advanced test indicated that the drive was failing. I did NOT do a Powermax low level format. The exisiting data on the drive was unimportant because it had been backed up, but I was hoping to "fix" the drive in hopes of using it for occassional backups of my ...

trying to write to a file
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C15D51.77D27560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hey im trying to write to a file with just like 6 lines of code and it = doesnt work so I need some help. here is the code: #!perl open DATA, "> mydata.dat"; unless ($success) { print "Problem Encountered"; die; } print DATA "Hi Matt"; thanx matt ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C15D51.77D27560-- --- Matthew Mangione <mlmangione_webteam@snet.net> wrote: > hey im tryi...

Trying to understand what is this Error
I'm getting this error on my web site a bit  to often , and I have no idea why and what it is , On my local computer it has never happen , Can any one please explain what it is and where is the problem? And how I can fix it This is the Error :Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Pleas...

Trying To write a script
------_=_NextPart_001_01C47E19.DE471920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to write a script that would be able to read a file. The file is broken into number of segments and each segment starts with a similar string pattern of following type: 2.2.x.y.z: followed with white space, where x, y, z numbers change throughout the file. The segment further has number of things that I am looking for. I want to be able to capture the segment value in addition to other things in a specific segment. What is the b...

Trying to understand TStringDynArray
I've been away from programming a while. While coding a simple project, I've come across TStringDynArray. The below code snippet I've entered magically works (I'm using XE4), no errors, no warnings, no hints. In the (distant) past, I recall having to set the length of a dynamic array. That's no longer needed? Am I creating some memory leak with the below code? No need to free up memory? Thanks, Bob Lincoln ================================================== procedure TForm1.btnZipFolderClick(Sender: TObject); var DirToZip: string; ZipLi...

Trying to understand the basics
Hi, I'm trying to understand the basics about securing my pc. I have a good anti-virus updated daily and a good trojan cleaner. I have ZA, set to high security, I don't give automatic permission to anything. I've run various probes and tests from several sites and I am completely stealthed. The thing that puzzles me, but might be clear to someone in the know is this....I am connected to a website, so in theory I have an open port at this moment. Can someone with malicious intent slip into my pc through this open port while I am browsing just now? Sorry if this has been as...

Trying to understand NPS
I am running a Novell SBS 6.0 SP4 server with NDPS running. From the books I have been reading, NDPS printers should show up in the NWADMIN list. I have no printers, I have the broker and manager objects. I can see the printers using the TOOLS -> Public Access NDPS printers under NWADMIN. Is there something I am doing wrong? Just wondering, Ken@rlmrlm.com No, this is correct. Public Access printers are viewed in this fashion. You may be looking for Controlled Access printers which will show up in NWAdmin under the context they are created. <ken@rlmrlm.com> wro...

Web resources about - Trying to understand Packages - embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store ...
Get Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

All sizes - Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply ...

"Understands" - YouTube
If Mitt Romney wins, the middle class loses. (Priorities USA Action is responsible for the content of this advertising)

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

Businesses don't understand FTAs, so how will they deal with the TPP?
The government is keen to negotiate free trade agreements to bolster economic activity, but new research shows it has its work cut out to educate ...