How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?

Hi Folks,

I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine.

When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette.

What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder?

--
Simon
0

<Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com...

> What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder?

Did you enable the "Generate all C++ files" setting in the Project Options
of the package?  Was the C++ personality loaded in the IDE at the time the
package was installed?

Gambit
0
Remy
8/25/2008 5:47:32 PM
Yes, the C++ personality was loaded, but no, I'd never heard of the "Generate all C++ files" option, and that seems to be what I was missing.

Thanks!

(Sorry for the delay, I missed your reply)
0
Simon

Package BPL (Developed in Delphi 6)
I'm trouble installing a component (BPL) developed in Delphi 6 at C++ Builder 2007. (Estou com uma dúvida/problema ao instalar um componente (BPL) desenvolvido em Delphi 6 no C++ Builder 2007) Registration procedure, Sbc_reg.Register in package F:\Usr\Temp\marcio\Compon\PacoteSmarapd.bpl raised exception class EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. Can anyone help me ???? (Alguém pode me ajudar?) "SMARAPD Informática Ltda" <=?Utf-8?Q?SMARAPD_Inform=C3=A1tica_Ltda?=> wrote in message news:45144@forums.cod...

Upgrading Code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007
I am working on project written in C++ Builder 4, it uses TMS Component pack. Now the TMS Component pack has been upgraded so i do not find any compatible version of TMS Component to use with C++ Builder 4. I need to upgrade my code from C++ Builder 4 to C++ Builder 2007. I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible with C++ Builder 2007. Thanks Arshdeep wrote: > I want to know whether code written in C++ Builder 4 is feasible > with C++ Builder 2007. Feisible, but do take into account that there have been RTL/VCL changes between BCB4 and CB2007, so y...

install C++ builder 2007 after XE3
Hello, I have a problem with installation C++ builder 2007. I installed version XE3 first and then I downloaded 2007. When I chose option upgrade on installation screen: http://oi45.tinypic.com/v30pqx.jpg I've got message: http://oi46.tinypic.com/259kif7.jpg the problem is that I should install version 2007 first? Grzegorz Kinal <> wrote: >http://oi45.tinypic.com/v30pqx.jpg Have you ever had 2007 installed on the same computer? If so, then you probably did not uninstall it completely enough. Probably there is a file containing the serial number from the prev...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Delphi 2007 Component Installation Question
The members of our development group use either Delphi 2006 or Delphi 2007 to develop software. A couple people ended up with 2007 because we could not obtain 2006 anymore at the time. One issue that we're running into is with a component that we have specifically for our development needs. The component compiles fine and installs fine in Delphi 2006. However, with Delphi 2007, the component will compile fine, but when it tries to install, we keep getting the error message that states the following: "Can't load package <folder location>/<componentname>.bpl. Not...

Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?
Hi All, I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009. I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box. When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any way around this? Thanks Trev Hello, > {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote} > > When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personal...

Problem installing ToolBar2000 under C++ Builder 2007
Hello I am trying to install ToolBar2000 under Builder 2007 but can't get to first base. I am following the help file but when I try to load up tb2k_d11.dproj, like it says, I get this error of "Unable to load project......" Has anyone tried to install this under C Builder 2007 ? regards david ...

Cant install C++ Builder 2007 Help
Hi all, I have installed C++ Builder 2007 on my PC, but it refuses to install the help. After a few seconds into the installation a message box appears saying "Error" (very descriptive) then that ends installation of the help. Otherwise builder is working perfectly. Any ideas on how to get the help files installed? Note that I also have a working RAD Studio 2009 installation (including help) that was installed before I tried to install 2007. In article <147111@forums.codegear.com>, Ashley Duncan <> wrote: > I have installed C++ Builder 2007 ...

Async Pro 5.00 with RAD Studio 2007 specifically C++Builder 2007
Hi, Please can someone help. I have read a large number of posts on how to install *Async Pro with CB2007* but unfortunately I have reached a dead end. The posts I am referring to are below: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=39053 https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=54497&tstart=0 To add confusion some recommend using the "C++ 2007 package files" available on source forge and others advise to "Generate all C++ Builder files" in the project linker options. I cannot find any reference to the support documentation to the above C++...

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

What Version should my CG C++Builder 2007 be if I installed all updates?
My Help says: CodeGearT C++Builder® 2007 Version 11.0.2987.10779 Copyright © 2007 CodeGearT. All Rights Reserved. Am I up to date...if not what updates should I install??? ...

Installing TurboPower Async Professional C++ Builder 2007
Could someone please post step by step instructions for installing TurboPower Async Professional with C++ Builder 2007? The latest version is located here (version 5): http://sourceforge.net/projects/tpapro/ I think one needs the Delphi 2007 personality installed. I wish component writers would make installers for these things. This is how I installed AsyncPro with C++ Builder 2007. There are some extra steps but it worked: 1. Download Version 5 of AsyncPro. 2. I will install everything to "C:\Compilers\CB2007\Components\AsyncPro" aka %InstallPath%. 3. Extract cont...

C++ Builder 2007 own component icons in the Tool Palette
Hi, I made a CBuilder package for a Delphi component, which installs fine in C++ Builder 2006 to 2009. Only in CB2007 my own component icon is not shown in the Tool Palette but just the standard icon, what am I doing wrong? -- Arno Garrels "Arno Garrels" <arno.garrels@gmx.de> wrote in message news:53021@forums.codegear.com... > I made a CBuilder package for a Delphi component, which > installs fine in C++ Builder 2006 to 2009. > Only in CB2007 my own component icon is not shown in > the Tool Palette but just the standard icon, what am I doing wr...

Web resources about - How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing

DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

A fundamental component of the 'Making a Murderer' mystery relies on a single test — here’s what we know ...
The moment viewers think the tide could change in the trial of Steven Avery comes with the discovery of a hole in a tube. Avery, the subject ...

Auto Expo 2016 - The Motor Show & Components, Delhi,India - Business Standard
Get latest Cars, bikes, auto vehicle launches and News on The Motor & Components Show from Auto Expo 2016. Get exclusive updates for car, bike ...

North Korea may have tested components of H-bomb
U.S. officials now believe that North Korea may have tested components of a hydrogen bomb at an underground facility on January 6. CNN's Barbara ...

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...

Salt bases Steinway & Sons showroom on piano components
The design of this piano shop in Tokyo by local architecture studio Salt is intended to reflect the craftsmanship of the instruments on sale ...

Sinbon to set up joint venture for aerospace electronic components
Connector and cable assembly maker Sinbon Electronics will establish a joint venture with Czech-based Ray Service to make electronic components ...