Custom component 64 bit [Edit]

I have a custom component compiled on target platform Win32, everything works fine.
For Win64bit application it needs 64bit-compiled component. In doc is written simply create 32bit and compile and next set Target platform to 64bit and compile. When i open the package with component, in Project manager/Add platform there is NO selection for 64-bit windows( only OSX and 32bit win).
When i create application, there IS a selection 64-bit in Project manager/Add platform. Linker needs "package.a" library instead of "package.lib" but how to create "package.a"?
What i missed? How to compile component to 64bit windows target?
[Windows7 64bit, C++Builder XE3 Version 17.0.4723.55752]

Edited by: Adam Obdrzalek on Dec 12, 2012 4:03 AM
0
Adam
12/12/2012 12:06:55 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing 359 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Adam wrote:

> What i missed? How to compile component to 64bit windows target?

C++Builder cannot create 64-bit packages yet, only consume them.  Delphi
can create 64-bit packages.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks for reply although it makes me very unhappy.
The only way seems to be to create a static library with the same name as package.

Edited by: Adam Obdrzalek on Dec 13, 2012 4:41 AM
0
Adam

Custom components in 64-bit C++ Builder (creating standalone executable) [Edit]
As stated http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE3/en/C%2B%2BBuilder_64-bit_Windows_Differences#Producing_64-bit_Packages_Not_Supported , creating 64-bit packages (meaning installing custom components for 64-bit target) isn't yet supported in C++ Builder. But as creating and using 64-bit libraries is supported, is possible to use custom components in standalone (without runtime packages) 64-bit executable too. There is our temporay solution, maybe useful for someone else too: * create 32-bit component package, * create parallel 64-bit library project (New, Other, Static Library) t...

Custom Component 64-bit suport
I ve created new package and a new component using Component\New Component.. menu. Compiled and Installed new component. But i cannot use the new component in 64-bit firemonkey application. It is getting disabled in Tool Palette when i select 64-bit target platform. How can i add 64-bit and OSX supoort to a custom component? Eray HANOGLU wrote: > I ve created new package and a new component using Component\New > Component.. menu. > > Compiled and Installed new component. But i cannot use the new > component in 64-bit firemonkey application. It is getting d...

Custom Component 64-bit suport
I ve created new package and a new component using Component\New Component.. menu. Compiled and Installed new component. It is getting disabled in Tool Palette when i select 64-bit target platform. How can i add 64-bit and OSX supoort to a custom component? i ve tried ComponentPlatformsAttribute but it did not work. [ComponentPlatformsAttribute(pidWin32 or pidWin64 or pidOSX32)] TMyControl = class(TControl, IViewport3D) private ... end; procedure Register; implementation procedure Register; begin RegisterComponents('Example Group', [...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Custom style for custom component [Edit]
Hello everyone, I had a question concerning the "Bitmap Style Designer". The feature is awesome but there is this thing I cant figure out. Lets say I have different kinds of buttons in my application. Depending on the type of button I want it to have a different look. When I check the Bitmap Style Designer it only shows the styles for the base components. +Button, Form, Checkbox, Radiobutton, etc.+ I figured I cant assign a style to each and every single button so I will probably have to make a custom button that I can style. This component will obviously be based on TButto...

64 bit static library sets invalid custom properties for components
I have 32 bit components I wrote in C++. They work fine and have worked for years I created a new package and imported one into the package. Works fine in 32 bits. Now I created a 64 bit static library of the same name and added all the component files cpp, res, and h to the library. Compiled the program in 64 bits and the component almost works. The background turned out to be black. After debugging, I discovered the that this happens for ALL my components IF there are values in the DFM file and that is a published property NOT from the inherited component. For the package clas...

Add ASP .NET component in Windows 2003 64 Bit Stand. Edition
Hello All, I have a program that require ASP . NET enabled. I tried to add the ASP NET component but cannot find it in Add/Remove Components. Any ideas? My OS is Windows 2003 64 Bit Standard Edition. Thanks. Download and install the SDK or simply go to Windows Update and install, especially if you're looking for the 2.0 Framework.  In Add/Remove Components, it's Windows Components -> Application Server -> ASP.NET. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Th...

UDF Writing a blob with blob_put_segment crashed the Server XE7 64 bit [Edit]
Hello, I'm using InterBase XE7 Win 32 bit for some months. Now it is time to prepare the switch to Win 64 bit platform. I use my own extensive UDF library. I have this changed to 64 bit (with Delphi XE6 and XE7). I have one problem with the blob functions. Reading a blob works fine. But writing crashed the server. The write functions works fine on 32 bit. Same in 64 bit crashed. Please take a look on my code: TBlobGetSegment = function (AHandle: pointer; const ABuffer: PByte; ABufSize: Word; var AResultSize: word): SmallInt; cdecl; TBlobPutSegment = procedure(AHandle: poin...

UDF Writing a blob with blob_put_segment crash the Server XE7 64 bit [Edit]
(Tested with 12.0.3.337) Hello, I'm using InterBase XE7 Win 32 bit for some months. Now it is time to prepare the switch to Win 64 bit platform. I use my own extensive UDF library. I have this changed to 64 bit (with Delphi XE6 and XE7). I have one problem with the blob functions. Reading a blob works fine. But writing crashed the server. The write functions works fine on 32 bit. Same in 64 bit crashed. Please take a look on my code: TBlobGetSegment = function (AHandle: pointer; const ABuffer: PByte; ABufSize: Word; var AResultSize: word): SmallInt; cdecl; TBlobPutSegme...

Having problems with Components that use other Custom Components [Edit]
I need to understand how the components work and interact with each other better. I have three components that I have created for my software so they can be included in a bunch of related applications. Host.bpl - Low level Disk I/O, Licensing, INI file functions, encryption, etc. Database.bpl - Database functions for many different databases Resource.bpl - GUI level functions. Any visual components My Database component uses the Host component for some of its functions My Resource component uses the Host and Database component functions All I need to place on my high level applicati...

Converting 32-bit Component package to 64-bit
hi all, I'm now (finally!) using Delphi XE2 to migrate my Win32 VCL apps to Win64 (maintaining both in parallel if at all possible). First stumbling block is a design-time VCL package, with some of my own custom components, which I use a lot. If I understand the documentation correctly, I can rebuild this package for Win32 and Win64 from the same code. It is implied in the RAD studio documentation that I can't have a 64-bit design time version, only a runtime package. I have built such a runtime package, but now I have two big questions: 1) it's not clear how to install ...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

Successful 32-bit package installation, but not 64-bit. Why? [Edit]
I have been trying to get PasLibVLC (free open source Delphi/Object Pascal header translation of LibVLC) to install in the IDE of either XE2 or XE5. The files are uncompiled, so there isn't .bpl file. I am able to compile the .groupproj file and successfully create the bpl file for both 32-bit and 64-bit target platforms. After compiling the 32-bit bpl file I can right click and on the bpl in project manager and install it into the IDE. However I am unable to do so with the 64-bit target compiled .bpl. The 'Install' command does not show up. If I select the 'component...

32-bit clent or 64-bit client on 64-bit O/S
We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're moving that client to an AIX 5.x 64-bit system. Is there any advantage to switching to the 64-bit Sybase client? I'm not sure if it matters but the ASE Server that the client uses is 12.5 64-bit running on a 64-bit O/S. TIA only if you client app needs the extra memory "Richard" <rmcgorman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170712581.822225.158160@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We currently have a 32-bit client running on AIX 4.3.3 32-bit. We're > moving that > ...

Web resources about - Custom component 64 bit [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Spent on specs: are smartphone component wars overrated?
... made, or at least a few dozen? Ironically, many of the games that are recommended tend to be those that don't require blazing hardware components ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

DeBoer makes no excuses for components Sharks are missing
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch DeBoer makes no excuses for components ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people