Install Delphi Packages in C++Builder.

Hi
How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full
source code for that delphi package (.pas).

Thanks.
Safwan.
0
Safwan
2/25/2009 5:24:17 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.using 1848 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In article <85358@forums.codegear.com>,
 Safwan Maswadeh <safwan_maswadeh@yahoo.com> wrote:

> How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full
> source code for that delphi package (.pas).

   Change the project options to "Generate all C++ files", Build and
install it.
   If you have already installed the Delphi-only version, you have to
delete the package cache from the registry, or they won't show up on the
tool palette for C++.
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

> {quote:title=David Dean (Embarcadero) wrote:}{quote}
>
>    If you have already installed the Delphi-only version, you have to
> delete the package cache from the registry, or they won't show up on the
> tool palette for C++.

is this by design?

--
Moritz

"Hey, it compiles! Ship it!"
0
Moritz
2/25/2009 10:30:33 PM
In article <85535@forums.codegear.com>, Moritz Beutel <> wrote:

> is this by design?

   No, it's a long standing bug. I recently found that missing piece of
the puzzle and hope to see fixed...
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

XE5
For Win32 C++B projects this is working. The C++ files are created by the Delphi compiler and distributed appropriately on installation. The components appear in the IDE for C++B projects and behave as expected at design-time and run-time. Attempting to run a Win64 C++B project gets an 'Application Error' dialog with message 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) ... The 64-bit C++B files (.o,.hpp,.bpi and .a ) are put in $(BDE)/Lib/Win64/$(config) and $(BDSCommondir)/hpp, $(BDSCommondir)/Win64/dcp. This is the same as the Win32 distribution so I ...

Package BPL (Developed in Delphi 6)
I'm trouble installing a component (BPL) developed in Delphi 6 at C++ Builder 2007. (Estou com uma dúvida/problema ao instalar um componente (BPL) desenvolvido em Delphi 6 no C++ Builder 2007) Registration procedure, Sbc_reg.Register in package F:\Usr\Temp\marcio\Compon\PacoteSmarapd.bpl raised exception class EAccessViolation: Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000. Can anyone help me ???? (Alguém pode me ajudar?) "SMARAPD Informática Ltda" <=?Utf-8?Q?SMARAPD_Inform=C3=A1tica_Ltda?=> wrote in message news:45144@forums.cod...

Converting Delphi Package (dpk) to C++ Builder Package (bpk)
Hi I'm using an old version of C++ Builder, the 6. But i was wondering if someone could help me. I need some very specific components installed in my Builder, but i only have a DPK, along with the source files. Is there a way to create a BPK that's does exactly the same as de DPK would do? I really need to get this done, so i appreciate any light you can shed on this problem for me. Thanks in advance. Tiago Silva wrote: > Hi > > I'm using an old version of C++ Builder, the 6. But i was wondering > if someone could help me. > > I need some ...

How Can I use the compliers used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder?
How Can I use the compliers (for instance GCC, ...) used under Dev-C++ in C++ builder? In my program,I used boost lambda expression under Dev-C++ due to the fact that C++ builder 2009 do not support such expression. But Dev-C++ do not support RAD(rapid application development). It is hard to establish the common graphic GUI under windows.So I want to use the compliers of Dev-C++ in C++ builder. And I do not know how to manage it. Where can I get the related materials or advices? Can any one with kindness help me? Il Tue, 11 Aug 2009 23:29:59 -0700, lserjt lserjt <> ha scritto:...

Installing C++ Builder 2009 / Delphi
OK, I just purchased a license and got a key. The web install process fails. I think the problem is my ISP. Now, back in Dec 2008 I downloaded an ISO file for the install about 2 Gigs and never used it really. If I use this ISO file, Create a DVD and do the install from there , will it effectively be a full licensed install. So far it looks identical (except maybe the program is 7 months old). Also I ordered the media as part of my purchase, should I wait for the media to come in before installing? Thanks for any assistance I can get. Colin B Maharaj Trinidad,WI ...

Install of Delphi packages into C++2009
Sebastian Zierer has kindly uploaded a beta version of the old Turbopower Orpheus components for D2009 to his website ( [http://www.songbeamer.com/delphi/] ). Unfortunately I can't seem to install the packages into C2009. I have compiled and installed the components and they show up on the palette for Delphi applications but not for C++ applications. I have checked 'Generate all C++ files' for in the linker options. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks Simon Hello, > {quote:title=Simon Hooper wrote:}{quote} > > Is there something else I shou...

Using c++ builder dll in delphi
I am having difficulty in getting a library written in C++ builder to work with my Delphi app. Ironically I am converting this dll from MSVS and its been working for years. The driving force for converting to C++builder for the library is to make both the lib and app cross platform. Both sides are using XE3. C++ Export code ============= #ifdef WINDOWS #define EXPORT extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT extern "C" EXPORT int __cdecl Init(char * init_dir, DebugCallbackFunc f, DeviceCallbackFunc f1) { // DO STUFF } Delphi code ======...

Using Delphi component in C++ Builder
Hi, I've found a code for creating avi files using JPEG files.Its name is TAviWriter v.1.0. I would like to use it in C++ Builder. If I install it in Delphi, i don´t see it in C++ Builder. I ´ve do a new project in C++ and I´ve add three pascal files: AviWriter_2.pas BMP2AVI.pas Silence.pas The proyect builds correctly but It doesn´t run correctly. It doesn´t generate avi file while in Delphi yes do it. I have two questions. Do I need any pragma for using pascal code in c++? How can I install a Delphi Component in Codegear c++? Best Regegards. Droi...

Using delphi code in C++ builder?
Hi there, How do I go about integrating delphi code into a C++ builder (2007) project. We have a delphi developer that wants to contribute. Is this possible in C++ builder 2007? We also own RAD Studio 2009 licences. I could probably work this out myself but why waste my time when someone here already knows the answer!!! Thanks in advance... Ashley "Ashley Duncan" wrote in message news:214785@forums.codegear.com... > How do I go about integrating delphi code into a C++ builder (2007) > project. Add the .pas files to the project. You won't be abl...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

Rad XE5 Using Delphi Package with C++
Hi there I'm just starting with Rad XE5 Studio, worked previously with CB6. I installed the +-------------------------------------------------+ | ComPort Library version 4.10 | | for Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, XE | | and C++ Builder 3, 4, 5, 6 | | | | by Dejan Crnila 1998-2002 | | maintained by Lars Dybdahl and Paul Doland | | maintained by Brian Gochnauer Nov 2010 | +-------------------------------------------------+ under Delphi VCL App...

Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?
Hi All, I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009. I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box. When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any way around this? Thanks Trev Hello, > {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote} > > When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personal...

Using C++Builder components in Delphi
Am I right in remembering that a BPL made with Delphi (pascal) can be used in C++Builder, but *not* the other way around? I can't find anything specifically addressing this in docs or online. I did a quick test creating a simple tmemo descendant in a new package in cbuilder, and then installing the bpl into Delphi. It loads ok, but there is no message saying a new component was installed, and the new component does not show in the component toolbar (although interestingly, it *does* show when the "Components" button inside the "Install packages" dialog is clic...

Statically Using C++Builder Libraries with Delphi
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12493962/should-i-write-components-in-delphi-instead-of-c-builder-how-do-i-add-events Why can't we use C++Builder packages with Delphi as Delphi packages could be used with C++Builder,can LLVMs back-end help us to use c++ units with Delphi in future. In LLVM all the units are compiled to IR format which is common for any language, platform and CPU architecture,then converted to specific platform. So what about using IR code, If it is possible Delphi devs have access to tons of c++ and C libraries which makes Delphi community rich in third party supp...

Web resources about - Install Delphi Packages in C++Builder. - embarcadero.cppbuilder.using

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...