[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message

I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010.  This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL.  When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling:
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables

This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder.  If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not.

Any ideas?
0
Pervasive
9/27/2010 3:10:37 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.using 1848 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Unresolvable External by using PBD
PB 10.5 Build 5034 I created a PBD-File by "Build Runtime Library..." with a Window and a pipe_object inside. In the project I have select this PBD-File. With GetLibraryList() the PBD-File is included. At runtime opening the Window I get the errormessage: "unresolvable external <win> when linking reference....". The PBD-File is in the same directory as the EXE-File (all P-Code). In the IDE all works fine. What's wrong ? Some thoughts: - It should be SetLibraryList(), not GetLibraryList()... Is that a typo? - With SetLibraryList(), you have to replac...

Unresolved externals when using my package ?
Hi I have my own bitmap class that I started to use for drawing in my component package and I use it in two of my components (soon to be more) everything compiles fine, the package installs, all the component are in the component palette and the components show as they are supposed to when they are dropped on a form, which means that they have to use my bitmap class as it takes care of the drawing. BUT, when I use one of the component that rely on my bitmap class I get unresolved externals for all the functions used from the bitmap class, when I try to run the application. Ho...

How do I filter messages using Find Messages field using the 'pipe' method (like Mozilla Mail)
Hi, Can you help me? Mozilla Mail (the mail part of the Mozilla Suite), right up to v 1.7.13 used to allow a really handy form of filtering using Find Messages filter (top right of screen). It no longer works in Thunderbird 1.5. Is there another way? I guess a database person would say that this is a type of 'multi-key' filtering, or perhaps just multi-criteria searching. Hold the phone! ... it's now working. I'll leave this message here for the benefit of people looking for information, and illustrate the method: To find messages that are from "sa...

BAD message problem using external FW + attachment
Currently we are using: NW 6.5 GW 6.5.1 Nearly every day we receive bad messages from our sister company. From the header of the mails I assume they are using MS Exchange 6.5.722.0. Since I want to get rid of those bad messages, I did some test. When I take a closer look to the bad messages, they all seem to be forwarded messages (subject: FW...) with attachments, so I did the following test: private mailbox1 (hotmail.com) + attachment --MAIL--> private mailbox2 (skynet.be) --FW --> Groupwise this arrives as a bad message. I've tried this scenario with severa...

Using Message Headers for Message Filtering
I am using TB 11.0.1 on Windows XP SP3. I am successfully filtering e-mail and newsgroup messages (tagging, deleting or sorting to folders) using the Headers:- Subject, From, To and Message-ID, but I am unable to use "Path". I am able to "create" a Path header using the customise process, just as I "created" a Message-ID header, but the created "Path" does not function in the filter although showing in mailnews.customHeaders! -- Regards Jim Wood, Brisbane Jim Wood wrote: > I am using TB 11.0.1 on Windows XP SP3. > > I am...

Delay of message using message service
Hi all - I have noticed something in my most recent app that I hadn't noticed before, and was wondering if anyone else has seen this happen. When a message is displayed using of_message() and the pfc message box, the beep occurs immediately, but the messagebox display hesitates. On a pentium 200, this hesitation is only a second or two, but on a 100-Mhtz Windows 3.1 machine, the hesitation is 30-40 seconds! In other words, I hear the beep, then have to wait 30-40 seconds before I see the message window. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? -- <------------...

How to use external javascript using master page
Hi, I want to use this external javascript in a page which is using the master page in asp.net 2, How can I do this? <script language="javascript" src="../Common/print.js" type="text/javascript"></script>ThanksShafiq livezone: Hi, I want to use this external javascript in a page which is using the master page in asp.net 2, How can I do this?<script language="javascript" src="../Common/print.js" type="text/javascript"></script> Hi livezone,Here is a demo as follows: menu.js function ShowMenu(){&n...

Unresolvable External
Hi, I created a webservice proxy (wsdl .net) and it works in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I deploy and try to run it, I get the following error. 'Unresolvable External SoapConnection...' It gives error when it encounters the above datatype declaration. I had included all the runtime and still unable to resolve what file is missing. Any input is appreciated THanks Which version of powerbuilder are you using and, if you are using 10.5, which engine? On 7 Aug 2006 04:45:27 -0700, Suresh Subramaniam wrote: >Hi, > >I created a webservice proxy (wsdl ....

Unresolved Externals
Ok Folks, I'm about as frustrated as it comes. This application build and worked fine under C++ Builder 6. But alas we must move to a newer platform and now I'm trying to get it to compile and work on C++Builder® 2007. I have rebuilt the project group file from scratch along with each of the Components. The file ImageBar.cpp is compiled into a library PTTImage.bpl. I have made sure the directory containing the library is in the library search path. I have gone through every option over and over and over and just can't seem to get it to link properly. Also...

Unresolvable external
Hi, I don't know why I'm getting unresolvable external error message. 1. u_dw has an instance of type str_filter 2. u_dw is in app1.pbl 3. str_filter is in app2.pbl 4. I'm generating p-code 5. when I put both objects in the same library the error doesn't occur Thanks in advance -- Marcelo S. Dias, CPD DCS Inform´┐Żtica dias@dcs.com.br Have you tried regenerating all your sources? -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj Marcelo S. Dias <dias...

Unresolvable external again
I have a big project. One of my objects has an explicit reference to the global function f(), i.e. a = f() and it work great in IDE. But I see an error when I launch .exe: Unresolvable external f() when linking .... Why does it happen and what should I do? Caller object located in pbl, which has pbd, and function f() in pbl that doesn't has pbd. If you generate an exe file, the f() must be either in it or in a pbd. Are you saying it is not?? JMR > I have a big project. One of my objects has an explicit > reference to the global function f(), i.e. >...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Unresolved external
Hello. I previously tagged this question onto the end of a thread, which is bad form! :-) Wondered if anyone could help me with this. Whenever I try to use IWServerController->Whatever(), I get unresolved external errors from the linker: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_IWServerController' referenced from C:\USERS\JAM\DOCUMENTS\RAD STUDIO\PROJECTS\PROJECT1\DEBUG\WIN32\UNIT1.OBJ I've included "ServerController.h" in Unit1.cpp. In the include path, I have: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\8.0\IntraWeb XI\LibXE In the library path,...

Unresolved external!
Hi, I have BCB2010. Loaded my BCB2009 project in to BCB2010. Fixed some lib issues (TeeChart Pro uses *.*814 rather then *.*812). Compiled and got the link error Error: Unresoled external 'LresultFromObject' referanced from C:\PROGTame FILEs\EMBARCADERO\RAD STUDIO\7.0\LIB\DEBUG\VCLACTNBAND.LIB|ActnMenus What is this? Thanks -Bill Hello, Bill Engst wrote: > What is this? for an explanation, search this newsgroups for NO_STRICT. (And to fix it, change the NO_STRICT define in the project options to STRICT.) -- Moritz "Hey, it compiles! Sh...

Web resources about - [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message - embarcadero.cppbuilder.using

Unresolved Mysteries (@r_Unresolved) on Twitter

Western Sydney Wanderers' threat of Club World Cup boycott unresolved
Western Sydney Wanderers were a club in turmoil on Sunday night as players and management held a crisis meeting brokered by the players' union ...

Claim 1043: The oldest unresolved Aboriginal land claim in NSW
... Ernie Gordon's father made a claim over a parcel of dusty scrub land in outback New South Wales. He is now dead and his claim is still unresolved. ...

The unresolved Hird question
On the morning after its first game of 2014, the Essendon Football Club inhaled slowly and smelt the roses from a memorable victory.

Burqa ban unresolved
... their decision to seat women wearing burqas or niqabs away from the public in a glassed-off area of the parliamentary chambers remains unresolved, ...

Iran nuclear talks to extend past deadline as 'difficult issues' remain unresolved, US officials say
The US extends a deadline for a nuclear deal with Iran, as negotiators struggle to reach political agreement.

Fort McMurray condo woes unresolved a year later
There is still no clear solution in sight for condo owners one year after hundreds of them were given minutes to evacuate a Fort McMurray complex ...

GOP's McSally wins last unresolved House race - 12 News
Republican Martha McSally won the last unresolved House race of the 2014 midterm election, ousting Democratic Rep. Ron Barber the Arizona district ...

Report details labor violations left unresolved at Apple supplier in China
... to find more special coverage of AAPL Company , Apple , and iPhone . What do you think? Discuss "Report details labor violations left unresolved ...

Supreme Court Decides To Maintain The Viability Of The U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, But A Key Question Remains ...
Four years ago, in Stern v. Marshall, the Supreme Court stunned many observers by re-visiting separation of powers issues regarding the jurisdiction ...