[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009

Hi All,

Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro.

I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file
to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was
the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas causes it:

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or
binary equivalents (.dcu)

I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists
and is in the paths.

Any ideas?

Thanks muchly,

Phil.
0
Phil
7/16/2009 10:24:19 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.using 1848 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Phil Read wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro.
>
> I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas
> file to the project I always get the following error (in this example
> it was the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas causes it:

Probably your project refers to a different version of the VCL units.
Be sure to set all directories and paths in the project options to
point to the (lib) directories for D2009 and C++2009.

"If you plan to throw one away, you will throw away two."
 -- Craig Zerouni
0
Rudy
7/17/2009 1:17:28 AM
Hi Rudy,

I have the same version of C++ Builder 2009 on 2 machines. If I copy the
project across to the other machine, add the .pas to my project and
compile, it works flawlessly.

So that in mind it's not a project issue and I went through all the
Environment Options and compared and they where identical as well.

Maybe that helps shed some light as to what it could be,

THanks again,

Phil.

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Probably your project refers to a different version of the VCL units.
> Be sure to set all directories and paths in the project options to
> point to the (lib) directories for D2009 and C++2009.

0
Phil
7/17/2009 2:17:06 AM
Problem Workaround!!!

I worked out something is stopping the .dcu and .obj files from being
created by the dcc32.exe so I ran it from the command line instead and
then copied the 2 files into my projects folder. Then it all compiles.

I wonder if it's anything to do with VISTA, it kicked up a fuss about
not finding the Debug folder which was there and running dcc32.exe from
the command line proved it works.

Anyway that at least helps me get on with the job at hand.

Phil Read wrote:
> Hi Rudy,
>
> I have the same version of C++ Builder 2009 on 2 machines. If I copy the
> project across to the other machine, add the .pas to my project and
> compile, it works flawlessly.
>
> So that in mind it's not a project issue and I went through all the
> Environment Options and compared and they where identical as well.
>
> Maybe that helps shed some light as to what it could be,
>
> THanks again,
>
> Phil.
>

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>> Probably your project refers to a different version of the VCL units.
>> Be sure to set all directories and paths in the project options to
>> point to the (lib) directories for D2009 and C++2009.

0
Phil
7/17/2009 12:08:48 PM
Phil Read wrote:

> Problem Workaround!!!
>
> I worked out something is stopping the .dcu and .obj files from being
> created by the dcc32.exe so I ran it from the command line instead
> and then copied the 2 files into my projects folder. Then it all
> compiles.
>
> I wonder if it's anything to do with VISTA

If you tried to write files to C:\Program Files or one of its
subdirectories, then it could indeed interfere.

"Sanity is a madness put to good uses."
 -- George Santayana (1863-1952)
0
Rudy
7/17/2009 3:01:05 PM
Well the project files are not in the Program Files they are in the
Projects folder automatically created by C++ Builder
(C:\Users\Phil\Documents\RAD Studio\Projects)

I'm running VISTA 64 bit

Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
> Phil Read wrote:
>
>> Problem Workaround!!!
>>
>> I worked out something is stopping the .dcu and .obj files from being
>> created by the dcc32.exe so I ran it from the command line instead
>> and then copied the 2 files into my projects folder. Then it all
>> compiles.
>>
>> I wonder if it's anything to do with VISTA
>
> If you tried to write files to C:\Program Files or one of its
> subdirectories, then it could indeed interfere.

0
Phil
7/17/2009 8:50:41 PM
Make 100% sure that $(BDS)\lib is in the INCLUDE and LIB paths for you project (Project > Options > Directories and Conditionals). System.dcu is INCLUDED by C++Builder from the $(BDS)\lib folder not $(BDS)\include.

Hope this helps out someone!

> If a then add any .pas file
> to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was
> the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas causes it:
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or
> binary equivalents (.dcu)

0
Jeff