I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.3
and X-Files Components 4.3 has been released.
What's new in version 4.3 ?
- New MultiSelection system extends all existing mouse and keyboard functions!!!
- New MultiSelectOptions extends dgMultiSelect option for rows, columns and cells
- New MultiSelect property indicates type of current multiselection selected by user
- New multiselection's properties: MultiSelected, RowsSelected, ColsSelected
- New SelectedCols: TXColumnList list of columns (similar to existing SelectedRows list)
- New multiselection's events: OnSelectedColsChanged, OnSelectionChanged
- New read-only properties: RowsSelection, ColsSelection, RowsChanged, ColsChanged
- New CopyToClipboard method to copy selected cells to the Clipboard (use Ctrl+C)
- New ForEachDataCell loop method to iterate over all/selected cells in the grid
- New OptionsExt published property to specify new various options for the grid
- New dgMouseScrolling option for scrolling data in the grid with mouse button down!!!
- New dgMouseTracking option for tracking data cell in the grid when mouse move over
- New loAutoComplete list option introduces AutoComplete functionality for a column!!!
- New loAutoCloseEditor list option closes editor after selecting value from the list
- New AddAutoNumber and AddAutoSelect functions defined in TXDBGridColumns class
- New dgAutoNumberColumn option for auto-created column with AutoNumber property
- New dgAutoSelectColumn option for auto-created column with CheckBox property
- New global constant and function for AutoNumber: DefAutoNumberFormat, AutoNumberStr
- New global constants for AutoNumber column: DefAutoNumberTitle, DefAutoNumberWidth
- New global constants for AutoSelect column: DefAutoSelectTitle, DefAutoSelectWidth
- New dgGridStyleLists option introduces new visual style for lookup and pick lists!!!
- New loShowGridListTitles list option allows to show column's titles for lookup list
- New loAllowChangeOrder list option allows to change order in lookup list
- New loAllowColumnResize list option allows to change column's width in lookup list
- New loAllowColumnMoving list option allows to move columns in lookup list
- New loExpandFirstColumn list option allows to create expandable lookup list
- New loFirstColumnExpanded list options allows to drop down expanded lookup list
- New published properties for a column: LookupListTitles, LookupListWidths
- New events for a grid: OnListDropDown, OnListCloseUp to customize drop-down lists
- Auto-calculated height/width of drop-down lists when DropDownRows/DropDownWidth=0
- New global constants for all drop-down lists: MaxDropDownRows, MaxDropDownWidth
- New global switches for all drop-down lists: ListDropDownDelay, ListMouseTracking
- New dgAutoUpdateListItems, dgDelayUpdateListItems options to update AutoLoadLists!!!
- New method and event for AutoLoadLists: UpdateListItems, OnListItemsUpdated
- New poAutoLoadList pick option allows to automatically update PickList for a column
- New poAppendToList pick option allows to extend design-time's contents of PickList
- New poFormatPickText pick option allows to format items from PickText and PickList
- New poFormatListOnly pick option allows to show formatted items only for the lists
- New poSortedByText pick option determines sorted list for LoadPickText method
- New universal method LoadPickList/LoadPickText to load data into PickList/PickText
- New published PickTextFormat property to store format of PickText list's items
- New global constant DefPickTextFormat to store default format of PickText list
- New SelectedColumn public property (similar to SelectedIndex, SelectedField)
- New properties: DataColLineColor, DataRowLineColor, FixedLineColor, HighlightText
- Added support for MyQuery/MyTable dataset to XDBGridsADD.pas file (MyDAC Software)
- Improved creation of sorting markers bitmap (speed optimalization)
- Improved DCCXDBGridXXX.bat/DCCXFilesXXX.bat batch file self-installs recompiled package
- Updated VCLXFilesXXX.dpk files contain names of latest packages of QuickReport
- Updated Conditionals.pas files contain switches for latest versions of QuickReport
- Updated XDBGridDemo1/XFilesDemo1 example allows to test new functionalities
- Updated Developer's Guide and context help file (over 100 topics added)
What's X-Files Components ?
X-Files Components package contains a set of professional advanced components
designed for Delphi 5, 6, 7, 8, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and C++Builder 5, 6,
2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.
TXDBGrid component is a powerful functional extension of standard TDBGrid
component. TXDBGrid component looks beautiful and implements many additional
features like: fixed columns, fixed styles (flat and 3D), Windows XP themes,
many variants of gradient drawing style, enhanced flat and 3D scrollbars,
proportional scrolling for any DataSet even filtered, expandable columns
and title headers, checkboxes, hot buttons, title and indicator images,
many variants of pictures drawing into cells, title markers and multicolumns
sorting, enhanced lookup lists, pick lists and drop-down lists, calculator,
calendar, storing and loading columns layout (to ini file, registry, stream,
string), enhanced support for bdRightToLeft BiDiMode, extended rows selection
and notification, multiline rows and auto-numbering, hints, tooltips, column
stretching and many many more ...
TXDBGrid 4.1 offers in addition: auto-updated quick sequence number, auto-changed
sorting order for all standard DataSet descendants (ADO, BDE, CDS, DBX, IBX),
auto-calculated totals values for whole DataSet and/or for SelectedRows,
4 kinds of integrated totals footers, many variants of drawing totals cells
according to current FixedStyle & FixedTheme and some others improvements.
TXDBGrid 4.3 offers in addition: extended dgMultiSelect option with multiselection of rows,
columns and cells, mouse scrolling and tracking, auto-created AutoNumer and AutoSelect
column, AutoComplete functionality, new grid's style of lookup and pick lists, extended
functionality of lookup lists, auto-loaded PickList and formatted PickText list.
TXDBGrid component is fully compatible with standard TDBGrid and can be used
as a replacement without losing existing settings. It's also compatible with
Windows XP and can take advantage of Windows XP styles. TXDBGrid has its own
ColumnEditor, which can fully support all new column's properties.
TXDBNavigator represents a gradient database navigator. TXDBNavigator is a
functional extension of standard TDBNavigator. TXDBNavigator introduces
several new properties to control border of buttons, gradient drawing style
and parent's background.
TXQRGrid is a complementary component for TXDBGrid designed for dynamic report
creation on the basis of TXDBGrid current settings. TXQRGrid component can print
and preview the content of TXDBGrid component. TXQRGrid creates in run-time
complete report in QuickReport format. The report can be automatically stretched or
created as few parts (vertical bands) depend on selected paper size settings.
New Gradient Controls introduce several properties to control border, gradient
drawing style and parent's background on classic Windows and Windows XP.
New Transparent Controls work effective on a gradient background.
To read more, please visit our website at: http://www.x-files.pl/
You can also look at some screenshots at: http://www.x-files.pl/components/
and download the Trial version from: http://www.x-files.pl/download/
Krzysztof Szyszka, X-Files Software
Developer of X-Files Components
Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero Technology Partner
Website: http://www.x-files.pl/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org