Port Number

Hello:

How to determine what port number to assign to Indy TCPServer?

Thanks,
Sudesh
0
Sudesh
8/17/2015 5:11:47 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.socket 566 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sudesh wrote:

> How to determine what port number to assign to Indy TCPServer?

That is really up to you to decide.  It is your server.

There are only two real limitations to worry about -

1. if someone else is already using the port you want to use, in which case
you will get a runtime error when you activate the server

2. if a firewall is blocking the port, in which case clients will not be
able to connect to the server.

You should probably make the port configurable in your app and let the user
decide what value to use.  Then a network admin can assign an available port,
and let clients know what to connect to.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

That’s what I did but wanted to confirm from the experts.

Sudesh

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)"  wrote in message

Sudesh wrote:

> How to determine what port number to assign to Indy TCPServer?

That is really up to you to decide.  It is your server.

There are only two real limitations to worry about -

1. if someone else is already using the port you want to use, in which case
you will get a runtime error when you activate the server

2. if a firewall is blocking the port, in which case clients will not be
able to connect to the server.

You should probably make the port configurable in your app and let the user
decide what value to use.  Then a network admin can assign an available
port,
and let clients know what to connect to.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Sudesh

Why port number on task bar was different from port number with URL?
Hi, When I test my simple program (one or two page), the port displayed in URL will keep same with one session.But the ASP.NET Development Server port displayed on task bar kept changing or disappeared. This  prevented  page from accessing.How this happen and how can I fix this error? Thanks in advance. Since the asp.net2.0 has internal web server... so it would be not possible to say what the port number would be.... So it would be a best way to use the system name... say., if u run in the same machine (localhost) - use - http://localhost/12345.aspxPlease remember to click ...

How to make website accessible to only particular port numbers? How to create such port numbers?
Hi, How to make website accessible to only particular port numbers? How to create such port numbers? Swati you dont have to handle this with handlers...you can set this in IIS.......

problem with number/number=number ?
hi i need for below 1/36 = 0,0277777777777778 but result should be 1 3/36 should be 1 35/36 should be 1..... (between 1 and 36)/36 should be 1 36/36  and 37/36 and 45/36 and 71/36 should be 2  (between 72 and 37)/36 should be 2  (between 107 and 73)/36 should be 3  and go on how can i do it ? ThanksMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi, I think that (int)(n / 36) + 1 will do the trick  hi it work true without below  result 1 for 1/36 and 4 /36 and 35 /36 .. it is true.. but result 2 for 36/36 . res...

Port Numbers
Is there an easy way to obtain a server port number for ASA connectivity? dblocate.exe will provide a list of all server running on a subnet. -- Joshua Savill Sybase iAnywhere - Product Manager Jon Owens wrote: > Is there an easy way to obtain a server port number for ASA > connectivity? ...

Port Numbers
Can some one please tell me where I can see a list of the port numbers being used bay the various Web based services on NetWare 6 i.e. HTTPSTK.NLM Apache NES Also is there a good technical document that fully explains the role of each. My understanding is as follows HTTPSTK.NLM used for NRM Apache used for IManage and to Manage the NES NES used for other context i.e. your own web site, although I understand the NetWare 6 home page will be copied to which ever WEB server gets the servers primary IP address when set-up. I have found some documentation on WEB services i.e....

Port numbers
Hello, should "probe my ports" at grc include ports 135, 137 and 138 in the list? Com+ event system and System event notification are installed after MSIE5 and seem to be associated with one or two of those ports. I blocked them short after installing IE5 (a lot of time ago) but I haven't seen any post related to this issue. C. -- Claudio Valderrama C. - http://www.cvalde.com - http://firebird.sf.net Independent developer Owner of the Interbase� WebRing ...

Port number
Hello everyone, When I make a connection to my iFolder server, the server ip is already filled out, but I am missing the port. So I have to add the port behind the existing ipaddress in the field. Does anyone know which file I have to edit to make it so that the portnumber is behind the ipaddress when I try to login. Example: Server IP: 192.168.1.0 should be: Server IP: 192.168.1.0:52443 iFolder 2.0 Prof / NW6SP2 / Apache 1.3.27 Thanx, Martin Martin, > When I make a connection to my iFolder server, the server ip is already > filled out, but I am mi...

Port Numbers
I just installed the newest ifolder server on Suse 10.0. The web access seems to work fine on port 80 but I need it to work on another port maybe 8086 like the older version worked on. I've changed the port in the Apache config file to 8086 and can get to the login page but it will not go past that. Is there any thing I can to do to get that port changed? jhoward@jdub1.com wrote: > I just installed the newest ifolder server on Suse 10.0. The web access > seems to work fine on port 80 but I need it to work on another port maybe > 8086 like the older version worked on...

Port number
Hi, Can anyone please suggest some solution for this query. How does sybase know that the port number of a particular server (say server A) given in the interface file is to start up server A. TIA The file is in a defined format, so ASE just needs to find the file, scan it to find the server's name, then parse the information for that server. -bret LP wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone please suggest some solution for this query. > How does sybase know that the port number of a particular server (say > server A) given in the interface file is to start up server A....

port number?
Using ATT/Yahoo with TB 2.0.0.9 talked to ATT non-technical assistance and they don't know the port used for newsgroups -- nor if ssl should be checked. I'm currently using 563 without ssl for mozilla, and 119 for the others. Hopefully one of you will know more than ATT?? Miles Miles keyboarded, On 1/19/2008 12:53 PM : > Using ATT/Yahoo with TB 2.0.0.9 talked to ATT non-technical assistance > and they don't know the port used for newsgroups -- nor if ssl should > be checked. I'm currently using 563 without ssl for mozilla, and 119 > for the others...

port numbers
 Presently iam developing web site on my mission(localhost).Port numbers are changing randomly. I observed three different port numbers till now in the Url. when i make it live that has to run under 80 port . How to fix that port number.Provide me some information on this. Thanks in advance.  Hi,  It looks you have created the website on the filesystem. Hence it runs on  a development webserver and not on IIS (you can see the webserver in the system tray).  To run it in iis you can publish the website and it will run on port 80.  for more details see...

port numbers
Someone might need this as a reference . PORT NUMBERS (last updated 11 March 2002) http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers > Someone might need this as a reference . > > PORT NUMBERS > (last updated 11 March 2002) > http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers Jack, There are also many others you can find here: http://lists.gpick.com/pages.asp?page=Port_Lists&SID=V03438973426819 -- Gorilla http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/ Cool thanks alot "Gorilla" <gorilla@(removethistoreply)accs-net.com> wrote in message news:Xn...

socket port
Hello List, I am creating a program, where for the first time, I will be reading in data from a socket port. I am a bit confused about how to print the processed data while still reading in data from the port. Thus far, I have only processed data from a file where the while loop ends when EOF criteria has been met. So my question is how do I continue to read in data from the port and print the generated array as it is being created? snippet: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use IO::Socket; use Data::Dumper; my $host = 'ip..address'; my $port = p...

Port number?
Hi, I was looking looking at my development unix box. There is ASE server running on the dev box. But there is no error/log file or interface file on the Unix box.(searched from / using find) How can I know the port number for this server, I am going to use the IP for the Unix box but dont know the port number. I need to check what is on this server. Thanks Ram wrote: > Hi, > > I was looking looking at my development unix box. There is ASE server > running on the dev box. But there is no error/log file or interface file on > the Unix box.(searched from...

Web resources about - Port Number - embarcadero.cppbuilder.socket

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A number is a mathematical object used to count , label, and measure . In mathematics , the definition of number has been extended over the years ...

State Library gets creative after visitor numbers drop - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE State Library is turning itself “inside out” and taking its collection to the people, as it becomes increasingly difficult to lure the public ...

British astronaut dials wrong number from space
Timothy Peake, a former British Army Air Corps officer and current European Space Agency astronaut aboard the International Space Station is ...

Great Ocean Road fire: Number of homes lost in Christmas Day blaze rises to 116
The number of properties lost in the Christmas Day bushfire along Victoria's Great Ocean Road rises to 116.

Are Donald Trump's poll numbers understated? - Business Insider Deutschland
Could Donald Trump be the 2016 version of a reverse "Bradley effect?"

Americans pile into cars in record numbers for holiday travel
A family of five driving a minivan from New York to Miami is only spending $130 on gas for a one-way trip, a savings of $80 from two years ago ...

Another bad number for Chipotle
Has bad press taken a bite of Chipotle's sales? One firm thinks so.

Why are Curry's numbers down lately? Walton explains
... form Search 43° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Why are Curry's numbers ...