IOHandler value is not valid ??

Hi

I'm getting this in response, very fast:

EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid
IOHandler value is not valid

by doing this:

[code]
std::auto_ptr<TIdHTTP> httpPtr( new TIdHTTP( Application->MainForm ) );
TIdHTTP *Http = httpPtr.get();

try{
   Http->HandleRedirects = true;
   Http->AllowCookies = false;
   Http->ConnectTimeout = 10000;
   Http->ReadTimeout = 10000;

   Http->Request->BasicAuthentication = true;
   Http->Request->Password = username;
   Http->Request->Username = password;

   String Res = Http->Get( "http://logs.domain.dk" );// ** throws

   Memo1->Text = Res;

}catch( Exception &e ){
   Memo1->Lines->Add(e.ClassName());
   Memo1->Lines->Add(e.Message);
   return;
}
[code]

What does it mean ?
and how do i fix it ?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Asger-P
http://Asger-P.dk/software
0
Asger
5/10/2012 8:02:11 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.socket 566 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Asger wrote:

> EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid
> IOHandler value is not valid

That means TIdHTTP::Get() is trying to access an HTTPS URL but you do not
have an SSL-enabled IOHandler component assigned to the TIdHTTP::IOHandler
property.  Given the code you have shown, that could only happen if the HTTP
URL you are retreiving is performing an HTTP redirect to an HTTPS URL (or
can verify that with the TIdHTTP::OnRedirect event).

> how do i fix it ?

You need to assign a TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase-derived component, such as
TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL, to the TIdHTTP::IOHandler property before calling
TIdHTTP::Get(), eg:

{code:cpp}
std::auto_ptr<TIdHTTP> httpPtr( new TIdHTTP(NULL) );
TIdHTTP *Http = httpPtr.get();
try
{
    TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL *SSL = new TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL(
HTTP );
    // configure SSL settings as needed...
    Http->IOHandler = SSL;

    Http->HandleRedirects = true;
    Http->AllowCookies = false;
    Http->ConnectTimeout = 10000;
    Http->ReadTimeout = 10000;

    Http->Request->BasicAuthentication = true;
    Http->Request->Password = username;
    Http->Request->Username = password;

    Memo1->Text = Http->Get( "http://logs.domain.dk" );
}
catch( const Exception &e )
{
    Memo1->Lines->Add(e.ClassName());
    Memo1->Lines->Add(e.Message);
    return;
}
{code}

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

I'll give it a try

Best regards
Asger
0
Asger

iOS Webservice "IOHandler value is not valid."
got a problem when I try to access my web service via https. I get an exception in function TIdCustomHTTP.SetHostAndPort: TIdHTTPConnectionType; ..... ..... if not (IOHandler ice TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase) then begin *Raise EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid.Create (RSIOHandlerPropInvalid);* end; ..... ..... Read in the following IdCompilerDefines.inc {$ Ifdef CPUARM} {$ Ifdef IOS} {$ DEFINE USE_OPENSSL} / / RLebeau: For iOS, OpenSSL can not be used as an external library, it must / / Be statically linked into the app. Users who want to use OpenSSL into iOS / / Apps will need to include the unit IdSSLOpenSSLHeaders_static In Their / / Uses clause. It hooks up the statically linked functions for the / / IdSSLOpenSSLHeaders unit-to-use ... {$ DEFINE STATICLOAD_OPENSSL} {$ ENDIF} {$ ENDIF} How do I solve this problem? > {quote:title=Mattias #stberg wrote:}{quote} > got a problem when I try to access my web service via https. I get an exception in > function TIdCustomHTTP.SetHostAndPort: TIdHTTPConnectionType; > .... > .... > if not (IOHandler ice TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketBase) then begin > *Raise EIdIOHandlerPropInvalid.Create (RSIOHandlerPropInvalid);* > end; > .... > .... > > > Read in the following IdCompilerDefines.inc > {$ Ifdef CPUARM} > {$ Ifdef IOS} > {$ DEFINE USE_OPENSSL} > / / RLebeau: ...

"IOHandler value is not valid" on a simple WebService call [Edit]
Hello I'm trying to execute a simple WebService call and I've received this error message: "IOHandler value is not valid" I've imported a WSDL to use my services. On Firemonkey the call is: (HTTPRIO1 as SimpleLoginService).SimpleLogin('myuser', 'mypass'))); On a VCL application works perfectly. Any idea? Thanks Nico Edited by: Nico Preeto on May 15, 2013 5:33 AM Nico wrote: > I'm trying to execute a simple WebService call and I've received this > error message: "IOHandler value is not valid" That is an Indy error message that occurs when an HTTPS url is requested but the TIdHTTP.IOHandler property is not pointin at an SSL-enabled IOHandler component. > On Firemonkey the call is: > (HTTPRIO1 as SimpleLoginService).SimpleLogin('myuser', 'mypass'))); > On a VCL application works perfectly. Apparently THTTPRIO uses Indy internally, but is not hooking up SSL under FireMonkey even though Indy supports it. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quote:title=Nico Preeto wrote:}{quote} > Hello > > I'm trying to execute a simple WebService call and I've received this error message: "IOHandler value is not valid" > > I've imported a WSDL to use my services. > > On Firemonkey the call is: > (HTTPRIO1 as SimpleLoginService).SimpleLogin('myuser', 'mypass'))); > > On a VCL appli...

SOAP fails in iOS when using SSL ("IOHandler value is not valid.")
I have a simple SOAP client, which works fine on Windows and OSX. On the iOS Simulator and the device I get the exception "IOHandler value is not valid." when using SSL. It works fine non-SSL. The problem appears to be caused by line 1267 in Soap.SOAPHTTPTrans.pas: IndyHttp.IOHandler := TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.Create(nil); When running on iOS, the IndyHttp.IOHandler is nil after this line of code has been run. This appears to be due to the fact that in IdTCPConnection.pas we have the line: {$IFDEF USE_OBJECT_ARC}[Weak]{$ENDIF} FIOHandler: TIdIOHandler; If...

Need to validate the Textbox value with database columm value
Working with ASP.NET 2.0 i have a textbox say txt1 for entering the date and a column in database for date.I need to validate the txt1 vaalue with the database value ,if txt1 date doesn't exist in the database i want to warn the user (Date doesnt Exist) either on textbox change event or on button click.How can i do this..... I would have a textbox, a label and a button. Then on the onClick event handler for the button I would have the code where the search in the DB is being made and if I receive any rows, modify the Text property of the label to say something like "Date exists&q...

If Not value or value then....
Hi all,I want to write a simple IF Not then statement in ASP.net 2.0 and I would like some help please.  If Not ntuser = "DOMAIN\ntuser" Or ntuser = "DOMAIN\ntuser2" Then Panel1.Visible = False End If Doesnt work, can you tell me where i'm going wrong please?many thanks.  The first place you're going wrong is in telling us it "doesn't work" without providing any details. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Use Not as stated below. It ...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
I have two drop down list, one are titles, second one are title definition. after clicking titles dropdown list, second one will show the definition. it works fine when I used code below in the function BindData_Type_dropdown() type_DropDownList.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)         'type_DropDownList.DataTextField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("Title").ColumnName.ToString()         'type_DropDownList.DataValueField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("ID").ColumnName.ToString()         'type_DropDownList.DataBind() after changing the code to dreaderEn = En_cmd.ExecuteReader()         While dreaderEn.Read()             Dim newListItem1 As New ListItem             newListItem1.Text = dreaderEn.GetString(1)             newListItem1.Value = dreaderEn.GetInt32(0)             type_DropDownList.Items.Add(newListItem1)         End While I get a error message when clicking last record in the dropdown list. error message is "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value ". it only got error message when I clicking last record. the rest of record work fine all code below ...

specified argument was out of the range of valid values parameter name: value
 hello everyone, i need your help.. i have a gridview that has a delete button, this gridview is inside a parent gridview. my problem now is when i delete the row(the child griview will always contain one row only)  it gave me an error stating that the specified argument was out of range of valid values parameter name: value, after refreshing that's the only time the delete button will function correctly. what could be the possible reason for this, this error appears occasionally, i can't afford to have this error during our defense..please help....here is my code for delet...

Validator.Validate() ?
Hello guys,When I created a function to do custom validation I tried to use RegularExpressionValidator.Validate(). My code: 1 protected void EvaluateNewGateWay(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args) 2 { 3 if (chBoxNewGW.Checked) 4 { 5 RegularExpressionValidator rev = new RegularExpressionValidator(); 6 rev.ErrorMessage = "REV Error"; 7 rev.ControlToValidate = "txtNewGW"; 8 rev.ValidationExpression = "http(s)?://([\\w-]+\\.)+[\\w-]+(/[\\w- ./?%&=]*)?"; 9 rev.Tex...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
I am having a very difficult issue to resolve with this one. I have a GridView where I have set AutoGenerateDeleteButton to true, and I have a delete query in my DataSource. The delete query is actually a Stored Procedure. Within that stored procedure I initially just deleted the row and also deleted some related records, and also updated a related record with a timestamp. That all worked just fine. However, I then added a Cursor to the Stored Procedure that goes through all of the records in a given set and renumbers them after the delete. After adding this Cursor to the Stored Proce...

Validators not Validating

To validate or not to validate
Hey people! Here is my situation - I've created a dynamic data website with one table. The fields of this table are mostly varchar() not NULL, and all fields are defined with default value. When trying to insert new row with empty values I get required validation on all fields. What would be the best way to enable this validation only on some of these fields, while using default values for the others? For example empty string for varchar or 0 for int, etc Thanks Michael no in this case it will be add what error its return when u add. .Net DeveloperWeb Site Design and Web Site Development Company, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. Hi, Yes you need to validate all your textboxes etc, unless you have told the database to accept "NULL's". The insert will not product an error then.  Its a security feature as well as looking better. This link explains how to validate your page. http://www.devhood.com/Tutorials/tutorial_details.aspx?tutorial_id=46Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Check out http://www.dgwebit.co.uk Ok. In other words what I want is to remove required validation from some of the fields and substitute the null with another default value before it is actually inserted/updated in the database. What is the right way to accomplish this with dynamic data? Yes, Modify your table and check th...

Specified argument was out of range of valid values. Parameter name:Value
Hi Guru's,  Below is my problem. I have a user control, in which I have a ajax tab control. At design time I just have the tabcontainer and depending on the id passed to the control I am generating the contents for the tab's. Basically each of the tab contains a list of items for each item a series of option buttons are presented to mark the score.  I have set eanable view state to false for tab and all the dynamically generated radio buttons and checkbox's, and enabled autopostback to ture, when I click on any of radio button, checkbox or image b...

(Urgent) specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value
Hi  i have a datagrid in a user control which has pagin and sorting enabled and the data loads fine.. I am calling this UserControl in a tab panel using Ajax.. But when I Try to sort and page in my tab Panel...i get an error saying  specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value Hope u can help me solve it.. I am dynamically generating the Tabpanel and passing the valid values to load the user control.. but when i try to page and sort i get a popup with the above error.. Any help will be appreicated. Regards Karen Golden rule about ...

Error:
Can anyone help me, I am getting the following error whilst attempting to retrieve data from an Access DB: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value I receive this error from a method which uses a select statement to retrieve data into a datareader, and then I place the value of each of the columns into variables. I have another method before this one which is identical, except for the select statement, and it gives me no errors at all. Here is my code: 'create the connection string objects Dim connstr As String co...

Issue: Valid login values persist regardless of how I set field .Text values
I am seeing a problem where the login fields default to the last login values regardless of what values I set in the code. For instance, if a valid account is "dog" and password is "bone", the login.aspx page always seems to load "dog" / "bone" regardless if I click on the Reset button, or enter an invalid login. Am I doing something wrong in the code-behind for this web user control? private void btnLogin_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (FormsAuthentication.Authenticate(txtUsername.Text, txtPassword.Text))...

critical error has occurred.Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
In Debug mode my cutome module is working well. After that i created a zip file to upload the module and also i deleted my tables and store procedures.When I upload my zip file there is no error, Table and All the storeprocedures are installed  in my database.I don't know what is the problem.The error message is this The problem could be that you did not set valid default values for you module settings.Have a look at this.Best regardsHans-PeterDNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community Thank you very muchI reolve that problem by setting the default settings.Now i have one more probl...

(urgent) How do i handle this error in tabs: ( specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value)
Hi   My user control consisted of a datagrid and in that datagrid i was diplaying the plans for that particular user.. My user control consits of paging and sorting but when i click on those pages no and sort by column name i get and error in the form of an popup window but the pagin and the sorting is been handled by the User control...  specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value   What should i do to solve it Regards KAren...

Not Able to Retrieve Value in A Text box if it is Read only and is assigned as control to validate with Required Field Validator
Dear All, Please help me to find a solution for this, it is a bug when the following condition is there. I have a text box which is getting some values say [Employee name] from a popup window which is open, after binding the values to the text box, the popup dissappears [javascripts are written for this]. Till here it is okey Basically the text box is readonly, and it is assigned as a control to validate control with a required field validator contol. Now When ever some event [server event] occurs  I am not able to retrieve the value inside the text box. The value in the text ...

Not able to retreive value in text box which is read only and is assigned as a control to validate in Required Field Validator
Dear All, Please help me to find a solution for this, it is a bug when the following condition is there. I have a text box which is getting some values say [Employee name] from a popup window which is open, after binding the values to the text box, the popup dissappears [javascripts are written for this]. Till here it is okey Basically the text box is readonly, and it is assigned as a control to validate control with a required field validator contol. Now When ever some event [server event] occurs  I am not able to retrieve the value inside the text box. The value in the text box d...

Page.Validate() not validating custom validators
Hi,when i call Page.Validate("myGroup") The custom validators in the validation group myGroup  are not validated, i.e.  validator.IsValid returns true even if the validator failed on  page submit. code snippet: Page.Validate("ToolsImplementation"); foreach (IValidator validator in this.Validators) { if (!validator.IsValid) { //take action on validation failure } }   the code works fine except if valida...

Compile time error: "[value] is not a valid value for the 'color' (or 'background-color') property
Greetings:  Have tried searching for anything to do with this error message and I either get far too many results to search or nothing at all. So here's the problem. In a CSS style sheet I have built various styles selecting colours from the IDE's color picker/web colors tab. Two of the colors for example are 'named' "cornflower blue" and "crimson". If I preview a page in the browser with styles containing these 'values' (which are written into the style sheet as their names not Hex or RGB values), everything is fine. But if I run the app in debug...the compiler with throw these error...

Validating integer value
Hi,   I am trying to validate for integer value for phone number and this is my code <asp:TextBox ID="PhoneNumber" runat="server" MaxLength="11" ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:TextBox> <asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator3" runat="server" ControlToValidate="PhoneNumber" Display="Dynamic" ErrorMessage="Please Enter Numeric value" Operator="DataTypeCheck" Type="Integer" ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:CompareValidator&...

Validate Against Values in a Database
Having a spot of bother with Validation. I have a Details view All setup to a DataSource with Insert. Works wonderfully. I've got required field validators where they need to be and they work. My slight issue is, I want to be able to validate if an integer entered into a textbox EXISTS in the Database, and if it does, ALLOW the transaction to take place. Otherwise if the integer DOES NOT exist in the DataBase, a validator must pop up telling them the number does not exist. to make matters slightly more complicated... I need another condition to be true as well... So I wrote an SQL to s...

How to validate the value of TextBox?
The value of the TextBox may not be all the same character. How to validate it? Thanks, Jack It depends on what kind of validation you are trying to do. There are some validators available with the framework. Check them out. you can also use a customvalidator and use regular expressions.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I want to use regular expression. If the user happened to type "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" that is invalid. How to set the expression? Thanks. Can you be more specific??What do you want this validator to do??  ...

Web resources about - IOHandler value is not valid ?? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.socket

prplfoundation/qemu · GitHub
qemu - prpl QEMU PEG - MIPS64 r6 branch at mips64r6-PRIP1