Indy Client Server General Precautions

Hello:

Can somebody summarize the precautions to be taken while designing and
developing a (TCP) Client-Server application using Indy?  IdTCPServer is
used in a Service application.

Thanks,
Sudesh
0
Sudesh
8/20/2015 5:59:07 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.socket 566 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

General help/advice with reliable TCP client/server for Indy?
I hope this is the right forum to ask if anyone has worked out a suite of INDY-based TCP and UDP client/server pairs for binary data packet transfer. I have built TCP client and TCP server projects that manage to work, but my learn-as-you-go approach has to be really inefficient and overly cumbersome. My requirements are based on the data transmission standards for the network environment that we develop for: frame-delimited TCP streaming data packets. I also need to have a client socket that receives a notification if the socket connection is closed by the server side. As an exampl...

Read and Write multiple lines on Indy TCP Server/Client Socket
Hello, I m a newbie to Delphi..i m trying to write a simple chat application in Delphi, but the problem is that i m unable to send the list of the buddies to the connected client. I m writing the list on the socket as follows for I := 0 to budList.Count - 1 do begin AContext.Connection.IOHandler.WriteLn(budList[I]); ConnectedMemo.Lines.Add(TClientInfo(AContext).cname+' '+IntToStr(I)+budList[I]); end; the problem what i m facing is that it writes the names on the socket but on the client side i m unable to receive them properly either ...

Create a server socket from an existing client socket
Hi. I'm using a TTcpClient component to connect to a server (i know the component is deprecated...) The delphi (windows 32 vcl) application is a client socket (connected to an as400 server socket) I need to create a second socket in the delphi application that is a server socket (to implement the drawback design pattern) So i need to create a new connection between the same job on the as400 and the same process in the delphi application, but reversed. (the windows application is this time the server) I can't use the ip adress of the windows desktop to initiate the connecti...

automation server to client and client to server
I have to applications that need to communicate with each other. Is it practical for both of them to be servers and clients to each other? One of the applications will work primarily as a server and will launch the other application. The newly launched application needs to be able to send occasional information to the server to update information in the application that launched it. Also, if the user attempts to close the launched application it needs to tell the launcher application to close the appl ication that it launched. Does this sound practical? This is kind of like launching wo...

client-server with socket
--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable i have got the multithreaded server example from perldoc but i need a client that will connect, and upon recieving a certain work from the server, send some authentication details and the current ip address of the client. this is for a dynamic dns solution. I need to have the client send and recieve info to and from the server, but there don't seem to be any examples of this 2-way conversation. --=20 Mat Harris OpenGPG Public Key ID: C37D5...

Pass values from server to client and client to server?
Hi, i have a scenario, i want to  pass some values to an image and a label dynamically from database. i want to use an anchor(a href) tag and when the mouse goes over the anchor , an image url and label text must change with the values from database. Suppose that there are more than one anchor at the page.  One more thing, anchors must get the id values of the records from database at page_Load() and the queries use these these ids again to retreive imageurl and label text values from database when ...

Indy for socket server.
I need some general guidance, as I can't locate a good tutorial. I have been using TServerSocket in my project, but it's giving us some unexpected results in heavily multithreaded environments that I would like to rewrite the app using Indy. My app basically is a multithreaded, non-blocking server, running as a service (TService). The data connections are rather heavy at times, so I need to make sure that each socket has it's own copy of data (makes sense, right :-)). Could you point me to a good example (C++), or give me a list of Indy classes I need to use. I am familiar wit...

socket, client, server problem
  i use socket to link client and server together.the server is in console side, while the client is using asp.net to establish a webpage using c#. there is a button, textbox in the page, i want to type some words in the textbox, when i click the button, i can send the string that i previously typed to the server through socket. 1 using System;2 using System.Data;3 using System.Configuration;4 using System.Web;5 using System.Web.Security;6 using System.Web.UI;7 using System.Web.UI.WebControls;8 using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;9 using Syst...

Indy Client
I am new to Indy and have done a lot of ready and internet research. I have walked through each 24 pages of threads on this side. I am using Delphi XE and getting ready to move to Delphi XE3 and need some help with Indy Intercept components. I can get the Mapped ports to work, however cannot not get the intercepts to work. I want to use them with both TCP/IP and UDP packets to compress both packets and headers if possible. Is there a basic example of how to use and intercepts and do I use an IO as part of the solution? Steve wrote: > I can get the Mapped ports to work, howe...

Client & Server Side ( Server PostBacks Reset Client Data )

COM and Indy server client threads
I was playing around with a server trying to get the proper implementation of client threads to support COM via CoInitalizae/CoUninitialize called at the proper time to enable custom TidContext implementations and their related client commands to be able to utilize COM without issue and think this is the easiest solution.. In the Constructor of the server set a custom scheduler and it seems to be working great. I haven't messed around with the internals of the server with a custom TidSchedulerOfThreadDefault before but it seems to be the way to go. It appears that the TidContex...

Indy Server Socket Freezing [Edit]
Hi all, how are you ? I have a little doubt, when I have connected clients and i try to put more ports to listen or close listening ports the form is freezing. For add ports {code} If IDS_Server.Active Then IDS_Server.Active := False; With tBindings.Add Do Begin IP := '127.0.0.1'; Port := StrToInt(TXT_Port.Text); End; IDS_Server.Bindings := tBindings; IDS_Server.Active := True; LB_Ports.Items.Add(TXT_Puerto.Text); {code} For close ports {code} If IDS_Server.Active Then IDS_Server.Active := False; If tBindings.Count =...

Indy client/server demos wanted
I'm trying to find some Indy demos. The URL I found on the Indy site for demos doesn't work. i.e. http://www.indyproject.org/indy/demodownloads/Indy9Demos_26Oct04.zip Bob Richardson wrote: > I'm trying to find some Indy demos. > > The URL I found on the Indy site for demos doesn't work. > i.e. > http://www.indyproject.org/indy/demodownloads/Indy9Demos_26Oct04.zip There are Indy demo's in the Demo subdirectory along with all the Delphi demo's that are installed with Delphi. (That is, if you happen to choose to install them, and didn...

Web resources about - Indy Client Server General Precautions - embarcadero.cppbuilder.socket

Air Raid Precautions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The bombing of Britain in the First World War began on 19 January 1915 when zeppelins dropped bombs on the Great Yarmouth area, killing six people. ...

BP didn't take proper safety precautions - YouTube
As the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico began, many people were immediately flooded with memories of the infamous Exxon Valdez oil spill in 1989. ...

Basic precautions will ensure tourists’ safety in London: UK police - The National
... about visiting the London, with #london_is_not_safe trending on the social media platform. But Scotland Yard says there are safety precautions ...

Canberra police boost safety precautions after fatal Sydney terrorist shooting
Canberra police have stepped up security measures amid increased safety fears in the wake of a fatal shooting outside NSW Police headquarters ...

Communities take Ebola precautions in US
US President Barack Obama has urged Americans not to 'give in to hysteria or fear' over the Ebola virus.

WA Police warned to take terror precautions
WA Police have been warned not to wear their uniforms or display police identification when travelling to and from work, amid Australia's heightened ...

U.S. Osan Air Base lockdown precaution, school principal says
The U.S. Osan Air Base in South Korea lifted a lockdown Monday that had been ordered as a precaution after someone reported an unscheduled 'active ...

Jets take precautions amid mumps outbreak in the NHL
NHL players have been passing more than just pucks to each other lately. A case of the mumps is spreading through the locker rooms of at least ...

Gatineau Hospital Tests Girl For Ebola, Put In Isolation As Precaution
GATINEAU, Que. - A girl has been put in isolation at a hospital in Gatineau, Que., as a precautionary measure and is being tested for Ebola after ...

Schools take precautions after threats
People's Daily Online Schools take precautions after threats People's Daily Online ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, ...