Update 1 for C++Builder XE is now available

Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available.

It's available first through the auto update system. It should be available from the registered users download pages within two hours and available in the full product installers and ISOs for purchasers, customers and trial downloaders next week.

For more information, see the following.

Update 1 or Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Readme
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40881

Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Fix List
http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40984

Thanks,

Tim

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP

"Tim DelChiaro" wrote in message news:305144@forums.embarcadero.com...

> Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available.

I installed the update and tested XE against the QC reports that I have
submitted.  Of the 8 XE reports I submitted 5 of them were fixed.  The most
important one (to me) that was fixed was "88027: Can not catch EDivByZero
exceptions" (http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88027).  The second
most important one was "87965: IDE crash when rebuilding installed package"
(http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=87965).

I have been running XE all evening while testing my reports and rebuilding
my core library packages.  XE has been extremely stable and finally behaves
again like the IDE that I fell in love with many years ago.  I still have
some bugs that need addressing but those issues are for another day.  This
day I want to say "Good job Embarcadero!"

Keep up the good work,
Clayton
0
Clayton
11/13/2010 7:56:03 AM
"Clayton Arends" <nospam_claytonarends@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Tim DelChiaro" wrote in message news:305144@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
>> Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available.
>
> I installed the update and tested XE against the QC reports that I have
> submitted.  Of the 8 XE reports I submitted 5 of them were fixed.  The
> most
> important one (to me) that was fixed was "88027: Can not catch EDivByZero
> exceptions" (http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88027).  The
> second
> most important one was "87965: IDE crash when rebuilding installed
> package"
> (http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=87965).
>
> I have been running XE all evening while testing my reports and rebuilding
> my core library packages.  XE has been extremely stable and finally
> behaves
> again like the IDE that I fell in love with many years ago.  I still have
> some bugs that need addressing but those issues are for another day.  This
> day I want to say "Good job Embarcadero!"

I've been waiting to buy XE because of the tremendous number of bugs that
were reported early on.  This is a good first step, but I think I'm still
going to wait to hear more reviews (particularly Zach Saw's) of the update
before I commit to buying my our upgrades.  If they don't make this one
right, we might never upgrade and just stick with BCB5/6 for a while longer.

- Dennis
0
Dennis
11/13/2010 4:42:16 PM
I'm interested in knowing Zach's results as well.  The bugs that Zach finds
are quite irritating and (as you know) are usually ICE bugs brought on by
incomplete template support.  I don't typically run into those problems
since I don't write or use any tricky templates.  Fortunately, those bugs
are usually apparent before releasing a product to a customer.

You may also be interested to know that the command-line compiler bug that
created the " ''" directories also appears to have been fixed:

  http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88586

Clayton
0
Clayton
11/13/2010 5:38:30 PM
> I'm interested in knowing Zach's results as well.  The bugs that Zach
> finds
> are quite irritating and (as you know) are usually ICE bugs brought on by
> incomplete template support.  I don't typically run into those problems
> since I don't write or use any tricky templates.  Fortunately, those bugs
> are usually apparent before releasing a product to a customer.
>
> You may also be interested to know that the command-line compiler bug that
> created the " ''" directories also appears to have been fixed:
>
>  http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=88586

Yes, thanks.  Command-line issues are critical to my work, because I use an
automated build system.

- Dennis
0
Dennis
11/13/2010 10:57:38 PM
> {quote:title=Clayton Arends wrote:}{quote}
> I'm interested in knowing Zach's results as well.  The bugs that Zach finds
> are quite irritating and (as you know) are usually ICE bugs brought on by
> incomplete template support.  I don't typically run into those problems
> since I don't write or use any tricky templates.  Fortunately, those bugs
> are usually apparent before releasing a product to a customer.

Guys, I don't have time at the moment to try out update 1 as I've just found
a WOW64 bug in Windows 7. I'm working with Microsoft to resolve the
issue. If anyone's interested (particularly Embarcadero's debugger team),
here's the details.

http://zachsaw.blogspot.com/2010/11/wow64-bug-getthreadcontext-may-return.html
0
Zach
11/14/2010 12:51:10 PM
I've had a quick glance over the bug fix list, none of my bugs have been fixed.
0
Zach
11/14/2010 1:00:26 PM
I tried the manual update but it failed.

See public attachements "Error installing XE update under Windows XP virtual
machine".

Larry
0
Larry
11/15/2010 3:37:55 PM
I did not see a fix for the messages window problem and I still get access
violations when compiling/linking after applying update 1.

I wonder what my team mate will say about having to turn off all warning
messages in order to go to XE.

"Zach Saw" wrote in message news:305402@forums.embarcadero.com...

I've had a quick glance over the bug fix list, none of my bugs have been
fixed.
0
Larry
11/15/2010 6:59:40 PM
I forgot I was using projects that already had all the warning messages
disabled so I got the Build dialog error
even with all the warning messages turned off.

"Larry Griffiths"  wrote in message news:305740@forums.embarcadero.com...

I did not see a fix for the messages window problem and I still get access
violations when compiling/linking after applying update 1.

I wonder what my team mate will say about having to turn off all warning
messages in order to go to XE.

"Zach Saw" wrote in message news:305402@forums.embarcadero.com...

I've had a quick glance over the bug fix list, none of my bugs have been
fixed.
0
Larry
11/15/2010 7:07:03 PM
I have not had time to run through the bugs I have entered, but of the 14 bugs I filed, two are flagged as fixed in the release notes. (two or three may not be real bugs, typically related to warning settings in the IDE)

The IDE crash bug I did test and has not been fixed.

Gregor

Edited by: Gregor Brandt on Nov 15, 2010 2:16 PM
0
Gregor
11/15/2010 10:17:04 PM
> {quote:title=Clayton Arends wrote:}{quote}
<snip>
> since I don't write or use any tricky templates.  Fortunately, those bugs
> are usually apparent before releasing a product to a customer.

Not quite. I've found that if I tip toe around the bugs by changing some of
the inline functions I can get the compiler to not ICE out, but the compiled
code would be incorrect (in one instance, dtor isn't called during exception
unwind when it should). I've spent quite some time trying to come up with
a test case but to no avail.
0
Zach
11/16/2010 12:00:31 AM
> {quote:title=Clayton Arends wrote:}{quote}
> I have been running XE all evening while testing my reports and rebuilding
> my core library packages.  XE has been extremely stable and finally behaves
> again like the IDE that I fell in love with many years ago.

Are you running the IDE under WOW64 or native x86 OS?

I've found that the IDE is very unstable under the former. Under the latter, it's
fine (so far).
0
Zach
11/16/2010 12:02:05 AM
"Zach Saw" wrote in message news:305829@forums.embarcadero.com...

> Are you running the IDE under WOW64 or native x86 OS?

Win7 64-bit

Clayton
0
Clayton
11/16/2010 8:25:43 AM
With regard to Zach's (in-)stability observations (copied below), does
anyone have any idea (EMBT/CG perhaps) why Zach has such instability on
WOW64?

Does the XE IDE implementation utilize (its own) VCL implementation?

I am specifically interested in whether the instability could be
related/caused to/by anything in VCL, and thus such instability therefore
might affect the 32-bit XE created VCL apps when they too are run on a
64-bit OS (with WOW64).

Specific knowledge appreciated.

(
I have a need to distribute a 32-bit app, wherein _most_ resources are
satisfactory in a 32-bit environ, but the 128K or so [whatever it actually
is now]  resource handle and related heap is not, and I'm _hoping_ those
constraints would not exist with a 32-bit app in a 64-bit environ.

If anyone has specific knowledge regarding this, that would also be
appreciated.
)

Thanks.

<Zach Saw> wrote in message news:305829@forums.embarcadero.com...
>> {quote:title=Clayton Arends wrote:}{quote}
>> I have been running XE all evening while testing my reports and
>> rebuilding
>> my core library packages.  XE has been extremely stable and finally
>> behaves
>> again like the IDE that I fell in love with many years ago.
>
> Are you running the IDE under WOW64 or native x86 OS?
>
> I've found that the IDE is very unstable under the former. Under the
> latter, it's
> fine (so far).
0
david
11/17/2010 8:53:59 PM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> With regard to Zach's (in-)stability observations (copied below), does
> anyone have any idea (EMBT/CG perhaps) why Zach has such instability on
> WOW64?

The instability I'm facing is probably caused by a bug in the WOW64 itself.
I was making the IDE hit breakpoints when GetThreadContext would return
stale data.
0
Zach
11/17/2010 11:52:40 PM
<Zach Saw> wrote in message news:306653@forums.embarcadero.com...
> I was making the IDE hit breakpoints when GetThreadContext would return
> stale data.

Please clarify "making the IDE hit breakpoints" -
a)you were _using_ the IDE to debug <something> and breakpoints were being
hit in <something> or
b)you were debugging the IDE with itself or something else, and hitting
breakpoints you had set within it, or
c)?

I saw some post where you referenced a blog, and the mention of the Boehm GC
depending on the GetThreadContext()...

david
11/18/2010 2:01:45 AM
> {quote:title=david hoke wrote:}{quote}
> Please clarify "making the IDE hit breakpoints" -

a. Debuggee being my app.

The IDE is also affected by the same bug I found with regards
to WOW64 bug.
0
Zach
11/18/2010 3:24:50 AM
In article <306607@forums.embarcadero.com>,
 david hoke <dhoke.nojunk@east-shore.com> wrote:

> Does the XE IDE implementation utilize (its own) VCL implementation?

   The IDE is built using the VCL. We eat our own cooking. Many
developers are using 64-bit machines. (I don't know the exact
percentage, but it's certainly common)
--
David Dean (Embarcadero)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

C++Builder XE2 Update 1 is now available
Here is the official announcement: Update 1 for Delphi and C++Builder XE2 is now available. This update includes more than 120 bug fixes and addresses an important licensing issue. We were recently made aware that some code in the 3D support in FireMonkey may be similar to code in GLScene, an MPL open source project. We worked with Eric Grange, a key contributor to the GLScene project to remedy the issue and replace the code in question. This update replaces the code in question and therefore it is highly recommended that you rebuild any applications compiled with the original FireMonk...

C++Builder XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Hm. I was waiting for the final release notes to appear before I'd make up my mind about the new XE-release - and here they are. I've bought every C++ Compiler Bor...

C++Builder 2010 November update (Updates 2, 3 and Boost) is now available
C++Builder 2010 (November 2009) is now available. Users can get the update using the auto update mechanism in the IDE or Windows Start menu or you can download the update from http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/c_builder. The readme is online at: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40061 The bug fix list for C++ is available at: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40168 There are also bug fixes in this Delphi list that affect the core product and C++Builder users: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40139 Thanks, Tim Impressive Update - almost all my QC-entries have been addressed...

Delphi XE Update 1 is now available
Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE is now available. It's available first through the auto update system. It should be available from the registered users download pages within two hours and available in the full product installers and ISOs for purchasers, customers and trial downloaders next week. For more information, see the following. Update 1 or Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Readme http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40881 Update 1 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Fix List http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/40984 Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketi...

Hotfix 1 for C++Builder XE2 is now available
Hotfix 1 for C++Builder XE2 is now available from: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28622 You can read more about it at: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41803 Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com ...

C++Builder 2009 Update 2 is now available
Update 2 for C++Builder 2009 and Delphi 2009 (and the Delphi and C++Builder portions of RAD Studio 2009) is now available. You'll be prompted to download the update when you start/restart the IDE if you chose to be notified when updates are available. You can also get the update by running Check for Updates from the Start menu. If you need to reinstall or access the update separately, you can get it from our registered users download page at http://cc.codegear.com/item/26310 Release notes for the update are at: http://dn.codegear.com/article/39005 The bug fix list for the updat...

GDI+ header problem in C++Builder XE Update 1 [Edit]
Hi, I'm trying to use GDI+ for the first time in C++Builder XE Update 1, but I'm getting some compiler warnings/errors. First, I included "GdiPlus.h" in my code and added "GdiPlus.lib" to my project in the Project Manager. When I compile my code, I get this warning: [BCC32 Warning] GdiplusHeaders.h(636): W8022 'Bitmap::Clone(const Rect &,int)' hides virtual function 'Image::Clone()' To avoid this warning, I did the following: #pragma warn -hid #include "GdiPlus.h" #pragma warn .hid If I use Bitmap::ConvertFormat() in...

RAD Studio 2010 Hotfix 1 for C++Builder 2010 is now available
Hotfix 1 for C++Builder 2010 is now available. Registered users can get Hotfix 1 and other updates and additional free software at http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/c_builder. Here's the readme with more information. RAD Studio 2010 Hotfix 1 This software patch is being provided to licensed users of Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010. Installation and use are governed by the license statement for Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010. This Hotfix applies to: Product: Embarcadero RAD Studio, C++Builder Version: 2010 Update level: Update 4 / Update 5 (Database Pack) Editions: Professional, En...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE
Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28256 Updated: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:52:00 GMT Is the update really new? > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE > http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28256 > Updated: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:52:00 GMT > > Is the update really new? I think so -- but it's nothing major. The update is really BIG though. Not worth it if you're in your cabin in the mountains with a 9600 baud modem connection. ...

Thunderbird 3.1.1 and 3.0.6 security updates now available
As part of Mozilla’s ongoing security and stability update process, Thunderbird 3.1.1 and Thunderbird 3.0.6 are now available as free downloads for Windows, Mac, and Linux from http://getthunderbird.com/. As always, we recommend that users keep up to date with the latest stability and support versions of Thunderbird. Thunderbird 3.1.1: http://getthunderbird.com/ Thunderbird 3.0.6: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/all-older.html We strongly recommend that all Thunderbird users upgrade to these latest releases. If you already have Thunderbird, you will receive...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

InterBase XE Update 1 available
InterBase XE Update 1 is now available from registered users area. Note that right now it is an updater. Within the next week the full product download should be available. We'll also be updating the Server Trial, ToGo Trial, Developer Edition and ESD downloads at that time. ...

BUG (or issue) with Indy, C++ Builder 2010 and C++ Builder XE [Edit]
To reproduce this issue you need a clean installation (from scratch, no additional components installed, no Indy update) of C++ Builder 2010 or XE. It uses Indy 10.5.5 (with 2010) or 10.5.7 (with XE). Note: although it uses Indy to reproduce the issue, the version of Indy and Indy itself is not the one that causes this problem but the linking of C++ binary probably. Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a simple text file with the following content. Save it as "file.txt" or any other name. It can be also full email message but the text below is enough. {code} Subject: =?windows-125...

Web resources about - Update 1 for C++Builder XE is now available - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...