Re: calling a c++ function from Delphi [Edit] [Edit]

costa basil wrote:

> Sorry, I posted it here because different people read different lists
> and c++ guys might not read the delphi lists and vice-versa and I
> want to pick-up all brains...

And yet, it is not allowed.

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
 -- Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's
    paper
0
Rudy
2/25/2009 9:44:14 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ok, understood.
0
costa

calling a c++ function from Delphi [Edit]
Could someone please point me to an article (web, documentation) that shows how to implement a c/c++ function that takes a string and returns a string as output parameter. I want to call this method from delphi. So far I tried: c++: __declspec( dllexport ) __fastcall int method(const System::String inputString, System::String& outputString) { int rc = -1; ..... outputString += <some value>; ..... return rc; } delphi: function method(inputString: String; var outputString: String): integer; external 'method.dll' name '@method$qqrx20System@UnicodeString...

Data transfer from a C++ calling function to Pascal called function [Edit]
Hello, In a C++Builder 2010 project I have a function calling another function in a pascal unit. This pascal unit is included in my project. The problem I cannot solve is that the one of the parameters in the calling function is not transferred correctly to the called function. Calling C++ function: {code} ID3v2Tag->SetUnicodeComment("COMM", FComment, FLanguageID, FDescription); {code} Declarations: {code} TID3v2Tag *ID3v2Tag; // type defined in pascal unit TLanguageID FLanguageID; // type defined in pascal unit String FComment; ...

Re: Delphi for the Mac [Edit] [Edit]
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > > <hides under desk as fire storm about TeamB editing other people's > > posts re-ignites> > > I was thinking the same. :-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd ...

Re: Maybe is a new life for Delphi? [Edit] [Edit]
Cesar Romero wrote: > > This is not ad. Sparta is not commercial product. > > Any product announcement should be in 3rd party group, comercial or > not, that is part of newsgroup guidelines. Right. -Craig [moderator] -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Re: compile problem c++ 2009 [Edit] [Edit]
Antonio Estevez <amelsoft@terra.es> wrote: >> Again a bit further, but now the next errors: >> >> static unsigned int nr_of_links = ((sizeof( log_link_array )) / >> (sizeof(log_link_array[0]))); >> >> [BCC32 Warning] PatsupFunctionelelaag.h(405): W8058 Cannot create >> pre-compiled header: initialized data in header > >That's a warning, not an error. Agreed, but it's probably worth trying to clear up, just for build times. In this case, (and bearing in mind I don't have CB2009, so I'm unsure quite how fussy...

Edit but no edit

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

c# function conevrt to Delphi Win32 [Edit]
hello there! =========== public static System.Drawing.Image GetFromOZJ(string FilePath) { System.Drawing.Image image1 = null; System.IO.FileStream fileStream1 = null; System.IO.MemoryStream memoryStream1 = null; byte[] bArr1 = new byte[24]; try { fileStream1 = new System.IO.FileStream(FilePath, System.IO.FileMode.Open, System.IO.FileAccess.Read); int i1 = (int)fileStream1.Length - 24; byte[] bArr2 = new byte[i1]; fileStream1.Read...

Calling Microsoft c++ class from a Delphi app [Edit]
Hello all ! I'm trying to call a class written under Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 by a Delphi app, but there is something wrong with the stack. Here is the Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 class ---------------------------------------------------- class CPlugIn { public: virtual void GetArraySize ( int &XSize, // Number of array columns (X) int &YSize // Number of array rows (Y) ) = 0; .... ---------------------------------------------------- and many other methods in there that I have removed for more clarity. This class translate in to Delphi i...

Import C or C++ DLL in Delphi [Edit]
Hello, usually I can import a dll written in C in Delhi. To do that I write a unit (wrapper.pas) to link the dll with my VCL project. example: {code} function UCC_OpenCamera(CamId: LongWord; SpeedLimit: integer): UNI_RETURN_TYPE; stdcall external 'UniControl.DLL'; {code} This way works fine for me but it requires writing a lot of code to translate all calls and types in delphi. There isn't another way to "convert/import automaticcally" the .dll? 1) Can I create a package inside C++ Builder and use it inside Delphi? 2) The command line tools IMPLIB.EXE (for ...

[To Help a Newbie]: Example of calling Today() function in C++Builder XE5 [Edit]
Hello All, I am a C++Builder newbie. Can anybody indicate me suitable URLs to study and learn (better by example) how to call "Today()" function (included in System.DateUtils) from a simple event handler f.i. checking a TCalendar component at OnChange? Thanks in advance and Happy 2014++! Aldo Edited by: Aldo Ceccarelli on Jan 7, 2014 3:02 AM In practice I would like to learn where I need to declare (unfrtunately I am brand new to both language and IDE, sorry) extern DELPHI_PACKAGE System::TDateTime __fastcall Today(void); in order to be able to build ok without fol...

calling a c++ dll from a delphi vcl app crashes the app upon exit [Edit]
I am using RAD Studio 2010 and I downloaded the latest updates. Since I can't see how I can attach a file to the message, I included in this message the source code for each file: To reproduce this problem follow these steps: Create a project group with two projects, one c++ dll project and one a Delphi VCL forms project. Save all the files in the same folder. 1. Use the wizard to create the c++ dll project, select c++ & Use VCL checkboxes. Make sure Project Options->C++ Linker->Dynamic RTL is set to true. I also added memmgr.lib and sharemem.obj to the project but I bel...

A call to an OS function failed when DSK file is loaded (Delphi 7, XP 64) [Edit]
Hello everybody, I got a new computer with Windows XP 64: OS Name Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 I installed Delphi 7 (Build 8.1) It looks like everything is working: I can compile and debug my projects. But when I turn on Autosave option->Project desktop, and then try to load a project (which has its DSK file), I get the following error: A call to an OS function failed. Sometimes I get error: Class does not exist (1411). I had no this problem with XP 32. Could you please help me with this? Thanks, Vlad...

Web resources about - Re: calling a c++ function from Delphi [Edit] [Edit] - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Four arrested after wedding brawl outside Westella Renaissance function centre
A crowd of people watched on as a violent brawl erupted between two groups outside a wedding reception venue in Sydney's west.

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Facebook Updates Search Function; Now Is A Great Time To Run And Check All Your Privacy Settings
Facebook search is… well, kind of a joke. It can tell you which 400 people in your area have similar names to that one person you want to connect ...

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

Add ‘laser beam’ to your iPhone’s long list of functions
Whether for presentations or driving your cat up the wall, laser pointers are as fun as they are useful. Given everything else an iPhone can ...

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes has a blacklist function
I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes for a good while now, and although I can't share all my thoughts until next week, I have ...

Why Global Corporations Need To Redesign Their Strategic Planning Function
Corporate strategy teams play an important role in guiding business leaders to make smarter, better and more informed decisions, especially in ...

Sponsored post: Garmin’s fenix 3 Pairs Form and Function with GPS Watch
... timepiece to polish off a professional look, or strap on a rugged stopwatch for our workouts. But when it comes to everyday use, the functional ...

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...