C++Builder 2009 and Delphi 2009 information now available on codegear.com

The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now been updated with new 2009 product information.

http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/win32
http://www.codegear.com/products/cppbuilder

Thanks,

Tim
0
Tim
8/25/2008 12:40:15 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Tim DelChiaro wrote:
> The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now been updated with new 2009 product information.

Which version of Indy will be shipped with C++ Builder 2009?

Dennis Cote
0
Dennis
8/25/2008 3:54:52 PM
Dennis Cote wrote:

> Which version of Indy will be shipped with C++ Builder 2009?

It will be a version of Indy 10 updated with Unicode support.
While we expect most code to be source-code compatible with our new
Unicode support, it is certainly worth our paying attention to making
support explicit in widely used libraries to minimize any data
conversions.

Also, on the Delphi side it was common to use a string type as a raw
array of bytes.  This idiom is much less frequently used in C++, but
obviously any Delphi source code using this idiom should be reviewed.
I believe this was another of the concerns for the Indy crew.

--
AlisdairM
C++Builder Product Manager - Embarcadero
Tim DelChiaro wrote:
> The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now been updated with new 2009 product information.
>
> http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/win32
> http://www.codegear.com/products/cppbuilder
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

I'm glad we can finally have an idea of what features will be available
for 2009. However I am guessing those pages are a first draft. In
particular, the edition comparison on the Overview page seems to me to
be just some copy+paste without real content. The first sentence for the
Enterprise edition doesn't make sense: "the best of both worlds" without
a "second world" being described. Reading those lines didn't give me any
idea of what would be available. All of the three descriptions sound
alike, that is, a lot of cool selling meaningless words that are all the
same in the three of them. The text should be very distinct and to the
point, to really emphasize what is different in each different edition.

When looking at the comparison matrix, I'm not actually viewing a
comparison matrix, but rather a list of features. Only at the end of the
list do I see a difference. What about two different lists? One that is
a list of features (about what is actually called the comparison
matrix), and another one as a *real* comparison matrix, that is a short
table (short as in "fits on one browser page") that really shows what is
different in each edition.

Please do not take this as an insult, but as constructive suggestions.

Now here is a question. Should I assume there will not be a Turbo C++
2009? That is, an edition below Professional, like in the old days,
without databases and other stuff that is not useful for enthusiasts and
  low-order programmers, and below $200.

Tom
0
Tom
8/28/2008 12:19:16 AM
We've added additional information to the pages to make the differences between the editions more clear and added two links where people can find more detailed comparisons.

We aren't announcing any new Turbo products at this time.

Thanks,

Tim
0
Tim
8/29/2008 11:34:39 PM
What date does BDS2009 ship? I've paid for mine with a pre-order on the
codegear webpage.

Digby Millikan
0
digby
9/3/2008 9:40:57 AM
"Digby Millikan" <digby.m@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> What date does BDS2009 ship? I've paid for mine with a pre-order on the
> codegear webpage.

I believe it is "when it's ready". :-)

Albert
0
Albert
9/3/2008 4:19:33 PM
In article <9810@forums.codegear.com>,
 Digby Millikan <digby.m@bigpond.com> wrote:

> What date does BDS2009 ship? I've paid for mine with a pre-order on the
> codegear webpage.

   We don't know the exact date because we have delayed shipping in
order to fix some final bugs. You shouldn't have to wait much longer
though.
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
"David Dean (CodeGear)" <david.dean.no@spam.codegear.com> wrote in message
> In article <9810@forums.codegear.com>,
> Digby Millikan <digby.m@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
>> What date does BDS2009 ship? I've paid for mine with a pre-order on the
>> codegear webpage.
>
>   We don't know the exact date because we have delayed shipping in
> order to fix some final bugs. You shouldn't have to wait much longer
> though.

Now I'm confused.  I thought that the only things announced were Delphi 2009
and C++Builder 2009, but not Rad Studio 2009 (which would include the .net
platform as well).

I am presuming that BDS was referring to Rad Studio.
0
Gord
9/4/2008 12:43:27 AM
In article <10274@forums.codegear.com>, Gord Pollock <dont@spam.me>
wrote:

> >> What date does BDS2009 ship? I've paid for mine with a pre-order on the
> >> codegear webpage.
> >
> >   We don't know the exact date because we have delayed shipping in
> > order to fix some final bugs. You shouldn't have to wait much longer
> > though.
>
> Now I'm confused.  I thought that the only things announced were Delphi 2009
> and C++Builder 2009, but not Rad Studio 2009 (which would include the .net
> platform as well).

   There is a bundle with both Delphi and C++ that you can pre-order, so
I made the assumption that this is what the original poster was talking
about since they said that they had pre-ordered the product.
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer
0
David
9/4/2008 2:00:29 AM
What's the difference between Delphi 2009 with C++Builder 2009 bundled, and
RAD Studio 2009? Will there be a upgrade path?
0
digby
9/4/2008 5:06:51 AM
The Codegear website ask me to pay for two lots of support, support for
Delphi, and
support for C++Builder. Are we supposed to pay for support for both products
seperately?
0
digby
9/4/2008 9:59:39 AM
Yes. Even if you buy Delphi and C++Builder together as a bundle, the support line items are still separate.

Tim

> The Codegear website ask me to pay for two lots of support, support for
> Delphi, and
> support for C++Builder. Are we supposed to pay for support for both products
> seperately?
0
Tim
9/5/2008 4:59:25 PM
RAD Studio 2009 hasn't been announced yet but one would assume that it will include what's in the Delphi and C++Builder 2009 bundle plus Delphi for .NET. There will be some kind of upgrade path which may be the option to purchase the .NET piece separately or a discounted upgrade price to RAD Studio 2009.

Tim

> {quote:title=Digby Millikan wrote:}{quote}
> What's the difference between Delphi 2009 with C++Builder 2009 bundled, and
> RAD Studio 2009? Will there be a upgrade path?
0
Tim
9/5/2008 5:01:59 PM
Digby Millikan wrote:

>What's the difference between Delphi 2009 with C++Builder 2009 bundled, and
>RAD Studio 2009? Will there be a upgrade path?

If you are interested in getting the equivalent of "RAD Studio 2009" when
it comes out, it appears that CodeGear is still selling Rad Studio 2007.
Purchase that with Software Assurance.  You will get the 2009 individual
personality releases, as well as the 2009 Studio release when it finally
comes out, assuming it's within your Software Assurance time frame
(usually 12 months).

shop.codegear.com calls it "Support and Maint for RAD Studio 2007 xxx".

If you talk directly to a CodeGear Sales person, you can get a multi year
offering.

--

-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Digby Millikan
0
digby
9/6/2008 1:07:32 AM
Digby Millikan wrote:

>If I order Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009 with maintenance do I get RAD
>Studio 2009
>when it is released. (I have already made a pre-order for the Delphi 2009
>C++Builder 2009 bundle)

From what I've seen posted, Delphi 2009 + C++ Builder 2009 do not
constitute the same thing as "RAD Studio 2009", should that be the product
name of whatever's coming in the future.  People who have bought
"individual personality" S/A in the past have not been able to upgrade to
the full Studio.

Tim's note from September 5, 2008 in this same thread seems to indicate it
may be different this time:

"There will be some kind of upgrade path which may be the option to
purchase the .NET piece separately or a discounted upgrade price to RAD
Studio 2009."

My absolute *guess* is that it would be cheaper to cancel your pre-order
and order RAD Studio 2007 with maintenance.

For a positive, official answer, contact CodeGear Sales or your local
Reseller.

--

-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'
- Mercedes Lackey
0
Brion

Delphi and C++Builder 2009 information available on codegear.com
The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now been updated with new 2009 product information. http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/win32 http://www.codegear.com/products/cppbuilder Thanks, Tim Tim DelChiaro wrote: > > The Delphi and C++Builder pages on http://www.codegear.com have now > been updated with new 2009 product information. > > http://www.codegear.com/products/delphi/win32 > http://www.codegear.com/products/cppbuilder > > Thanks, > > Tim The Portuguesse page show Title Delphi 2009, but the content i...

Startup of C++Builder 2009 OR Delphi 2009
On startup of C++Builder 2009 OR Delphi 2009 I get the following Error message during the loading of bcbcompro120.bpl OR delphicompro120.bpl :- Windows -- No Disk X Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c Cancel Try Again Continue If I click 'Continue' seven times the program loads and seems to work. ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

DELPHI 2009 AND C++ 2009
I see that Code Gear offer this two products together in an offer called BUNDLE. If I program in Delphi, why I need C++ Builder 2009? What kind of program I can do with this last product that I can't do with Delphi? Or better, what kind of product it's better program with delphi and what kind of program it's better to do with C++ BUILDER? Thanks. Roberto Colpani wrote: > I see that Code Gear offer this two products together in an offer > called BUNDLE. If I program in Delphi, why I need C++ Builder 2009? Some programmers are sinologists in their spare time and l...

Delphi / C++ Builder 2009 Update2 and TImage or PBear HTMLViewer for 2009
Hello, when i use the HTMLViewer componnet in my programm the linker shows the following messages: [ILINK32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'Pnglang::_EPngInvalidCRCText' referenziert von C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR\RAD STUDIO\6.0\LIB\OBJ\PNGIMAGE.OBJ [ILINK32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'Pnglang::_EPNGCannotAssignChunkText' referenziert von C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR\RAD STUDIO\6.0\LIB\OBJ\PNGIMAGE.OBJ [ILINK32 Fehler] Error: Nicht auflösbares externes 'Pnglang::_EPNGInvalidIHDRText' referenziert von C:\PROGRAM FILES\CODEGEAR...

Help me download Hotfix 2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009
I am recovering from a hard drive crash. I am installing CB 2009 on a Windows 7-64 bit computer. I need to download the "ID: 27476, Hotfix 2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009" from the web page below. This requires a user name and password that was used to register cb2009. This information was saved on the hard drive that crashed. How can I get the needed user name and password? http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/27476 ID: 27476, Hotfix 2 for Delphi 2009 and C++Builder 2009 Thanks Patrick Mikula I pulled the needed user name and password off my dead harddrive so I ...

ANN: ZipForge for Delphi and C++ Builder 2009 is available
ZipForge with Delphi 2009 support has been released. ZipForge is a fast ZIP component for Delphi and C++ Builder. With this toolkit you can easily add archive functionality to your projects. Key features: - Creates archive files in wide known ZIP format by PKZIP, Inc. - Native VCL; no DLLs; no OCXs - Adds, moves, extracts, deletes, updates, tests, refreshes a group of files by a single operation - Strong AES encryption - Free for personal use - Creates self-extracting (SFX) archives - Performs regularly archive updates using transactions that allows canceling all modifi...

ANN: ZipForge for Delphi and C++ Builder 2009 is available
ZipForge with Delphi 2009 support has been released. ZipForge is a fast ZIP component for Delphi and C++ Builder. With this toolkit you can easily add archive functionality to your projects. Key features: - Creates archive files in wide known ZIP format by PKZIP, Inc. - Native VCL; no DLLs; no OCXs - Adds, moves, extracts, deletes, updates, tests, refreshes a group of files by a single operation - Strong AES encryption - Free for personal use - Creates self-extracting (SFX) archives - Performs regularly archive updates using transactions that allows canceling all modifi...

C++Builder 2009 Update 2 is now available
Update 2 for C++Builder 2009 and Delphi 2009 (and the Delphi and C++Builder portions of RAD Studio 2009) is now available. You'll be prompted to download the update when you start/restart the IDE if you chose to be notified when updates are available. You can also get the update by running Check for Updates from the Start menu. If you need to reinstall or access the update separately, you can get it from our registered users download page at http://cc.codegear.com/item/26310 Release notes for the update are at: http://dn.codegear.com/article/39005 The bug fix list for the updat...

C++Builder 2009 trial download now available
The Delphi and C++Builder 2009 Architect Trial edition is now available for download from http://cc.codegear.com/free/cppbuilder. Enjoy! Tim Thanks for the post, Tim! Larry <Tim DelChiaro> wrote in message news:12845@forums.codegear.com... > The Delphi and C++Builder 2009 Architect Trial edition is now available > for download from http://cc.codegear.com/free/cppbuilder. > > Enjoy! > > Tim ...

C++Builder 2009 hotfix for debugging on Windows 7 now available
Hotfix 2 for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio 2009 is now available for download at: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/27476 Note: This hotfix is for the 2009 verisons of Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio, not the latest 2010 versions. Information on the hotfix is available in the readme below and in a blog post at http://blogs.embarcadero.com/chrishesik/2009/12/03/35132. RAD Studio 2009 Hotfix 2 - English Readme This software patch is being provided to licensed users of RAD Studio 2009. Installation and use are governed by the license statement for RAD Studio 2009. This Hotfix a...

BPL - Delphi 2009 + Builder 2009
I'm trying to install a BPL created in Delphi 2009 at Builder 2009. No error occurs at instalation, but, don´t appear in the palette components of Builder 2009. This is possible or not? Thank You Marcio Tomazelli "SMARAPD Informática Ltda" <=?Utf-8?Q?SMARAPD_Inform=C3=A1tica_Ltda?=> wrote in message news:46526@forums.codegear.com... > I'm trying to install a BPL created in Delphi 2009 at Builder > 2009. No error occurs at instalation, but, don´t appear in > the palette components of Builder 2009. Did you enable the "G...

Delphi and C++ Builder 2009
I am compiling a pascal package in C++ Builder 2009. I have managed to compile the run-time library but the compiler does not compile the design-time package. It says that it can't find the Proxies unit. Where is this unit to be found? Pier Hello, Pier Nardin wrote: > I am compiling a pascal package in C++ Builder 2009. I have managed > to compile the run-time library but the compiler does not compile the > design-time package. It says that it can't find the Proxies unit. > Where is this unit to be found? on the web, searching for "proxies.pas&qu...

Web resources about - C++Builder 2009 and Delphi 2009 information now available on codegear.com - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

Apple’s secrets: How Apple’s legal fight with Samsung revealed a gold mine of top-secret information
Following a contentious patent battle that raged on for nearly five years, Samsung last week finally agreed to pay Apple $548 million in damages ...

White House offers states more information on refugees
Governors are still clashing with the administration over whether to admit Syrian refugees into their states

VTech hack exposes personal information of millions of customers
Children's technology and educational toy maker VTech announced that it was recently a victim of a data breach that exposed sensitive information ...

Transcend Information posts increased revenues for November
Transcend Information has reported consolidated revenues of NT$2.322 billion (US$70.7 million) for November 2015, representing a 5.67% increase ...

VTech hack exposes personal information of 5 million adults and children
Another data breach? Won't someone please think of the children?

Cuba: Infrastructure, Information & Inspiration
I just spent a week on an educational tour of Cuba that bounced through social, cultural, artistic, and economic institutions all poised to change ...

THE NUMBER GROWS Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified information
THE NUMBER GROWS Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified information