[XE] Are there any large code base users using Rad Studio XE in production mode?

Our codebase contains around 650,000 lines of source code.

We have compiled all of it with Rad Studio XE with Update 1 applied.

Light testing has not presented any problems at this time.

XE appears to be very solid with Update 1 applied and with the workarounds
we have implemented.

I think we will upgrade from BDS2009 to XE and do detailed testing very
soon.

Are there any other users with a large amount of lines of source code that
are using it in production mode, and if so, what is your opinion of XE?

Larry
0
Larry
11/16/2010 5:34:36 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech 971 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well, my partner, Rex the "Cortez" Bloom has decided we are going to be on
Rad Studio XE next week.

Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead.

Any warnings about the torpedos are greatly appreciated.  :)   hehe.

"Larry Griffiths"  wrote in message news:306079@forums.embarcadero.com...

Our codebase contains around 650,000 lines of source code.

We have compiled all of it with Rad Studio XE with Update 1 applied.

Light testing has not presented any problems at this time.

XE appears to be very solid with Update 1 applied and with the workarounds
we have implemented.

I think we will upgrade from BDS2009 to XE and do detailed testing very
soon.

Are there any other users with a large amount of lines of source code that
are using it in production mode, and if so, what is your opinion of XE?

Larry
0
Larry
11/18/2010 1:14:19 AM
GoodBye 2009, hello XE.

The XE IDE is very stable for me now.

I love the background compilation.  :)
0
Larry

Free Exam Offer for Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE Users, can't get test code
Hello, Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? Am 31.07.2011 20:07, schrieb Andrei Chketov: > Hello, > > Tried to get free test code, but on page http://certification.embarcadero.com/redeem i see only text "This promotion has expired". > Offer valid till July 31, 2011 and on my calendar July 31, 2011. What is it? In which time zone are you? You might want to contact EMBT directly (e...

DLLs in RAD Studio XE vs RAD Studio 2007
We have a simple non-VCL DLL that we have used for a long time in RAD Studio 2007 projects. We have recreated it (from scratch) as an XE DLL project. Compiles just fine, creates the DLL and lib as before, but won't link to our XE app. The only difference between the two is that the 2007 function take a char* arg, and the XE function takes a wchar_t*. XE gives us an "unresolved external" when trying to link that function. The DLL lib is clearly in the path. We are wondering if XE has changed the DLL process since 2007 ? Appreciate any help thanks Kevin Ke...

C++Builder XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Hm. I was waiting for the final release notes to appear before I'd make up my mind about the new XE-release - and here they are. I've bought every C++ Compiler Bor...

Delphi Prism XE and RAD Studio XE are now available
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi-prism http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com I suspect it will be available for purchase AFTER Wednesday too. ;-) So from what I can gather, it has CodeSite and Subversion integration that Prism 2011 didn't hav...

Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE are available now [Edit]
The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are available, and the products will be available to purchase worldwide between now and Wednesday. http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio Thanks, Tim -- Tim Del Chiaro Product Marketing - RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and Delphi for PHP http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com Edited by: Tim DelChiaro on Aug 30, 2010 2:15 PM > {quote:title=Tim DelChiaro wrote:}{quote} > The new product info is live on the web sites, trial downloads are availabl...

Dixie and R-Sexy? Delphi XE and RAD Studio XE
I'm used to saying acronyms such as D2010 as "Dee two thousand and 10" and D7 as "Dee seven". How about the following XE shortcut names: Delphi XE: DXE: *Dixie* RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* Delphi Prism XE: *D-Pixie* Tough ones: RadPHP XE: ???? C++Builder XE: ???? Regards, Jarrod Hollingworth Complete Time Tracking http://www.complete-time-tracking.com/ > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* To ensure it is removed by content filtering tools? > {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote} > > RAD Studio XE: RSXE: *R-Sexy* > > ...

How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer?
How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible way Le 21/09/2010, Eko Indriyawan a supposé : > How to install RAD Studio XE + RAD Studio 2010 in the same computer? install D2010 first and DXE next and everything should be fine. - Florent Hi Florent, Thank you very much for your suggestion. Let me try to follow it. -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be ...

[XE] Are .dfm files created with XE backward compatible with Rad Studio 2009?
[XE] Are .dfm files created with XE backward compatible with Rad Studio 2009? Larry Larry Griffiths wrote: >[XE] Are .dfm files created with XE >backward compatible with Rad Studio 2009? IIRC there were some new properties/default property values added in RS 2010 which may affect some components, but in general the format of the .dfm files has not changed. During both the 2009/2010 and the 2010/XE transitions I was able to build from the same code base in either IDE. - Leo I will then assume that if I use XE as an editor and then port my changes to my buddy w...

ANN: RiverSoftAVG Products for Rad Studio XE Released
<h1>RAD Studio XE Release versions for all products available!</h1> RiverSoftAVG (www.RiverSoftAVG.com) is pleased to announce that all products have been updated to support Embarcadero's new RAD Studio XE. In addition to the Rad Studio XE support, the RiverSoftAVG Charting Component Suite also adds some bug fixes and enhancements. Registered users can download from our Support page RAD Studio XE versions of: Fuzzy Logic Component Library Genetic Algorithms Component Library Inference Engine Component Suite RiverSoftAVG Charting Component Suite Evaluation versions ...

Organising code to compile between Win32 and Prism in Delphi XE RAD Studio
Before you all choke on your morning coffee, allow me to explain :-) We have a lot of Delphi code. Quite a lot of it is well mannered object oriented code. We'd like (need) to use this code to produce different binaries that target both .Net and Win32. We can already do this using Delphi 2007 RAD Studio, so we understand the pain points (which are not as many as you might think). Now we want to upgrade to Delphi XE RAD Studio. Essentially this means replacing the Delphi 2007.Net compiler with the Prism compiler. We appreciate there will be some additional pain points, but it's wo...

Special offer for RAD Studio XE Users
For a limited time offer, you can upgrade the bundled Edition of IntraWeb for a promotional price. * Bundled Personal Edtion in RAD Studio XE Pro: updagre to IntraWeb Ultimate for 349 Euros * Bundled Standard Edtion in RAD Studio XE Ent/Arhc: updagre to IntraWeb Ultimate for 249 Euros Check all upgrade options and more information in * http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/FeatureMatrix.EN.aspx * http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Buy/index.EN.aspx * http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Blog/20100928.EN.aspx -- Jackson Gomes IntraWeb Support http://www.atozed.com/intraweb Blog: http:...

Special offer for RAD Studio XE Users
For a limited time offer, you can upgrade the bundled Edition of IntraWeb for a promotional price. * Bundled Personal Edtion in RAD Studio XE Pro: updagre to IntraWeb Ultimate for 349 Euros * Bundled Standard Edtion in RAD Studio XE Ent/Arhc: updagre to IntraWeb Ultimate for 249 Euros Check all upgrade options and more information in * http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/FeatureMatrix.EN.aspx * http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Buy/index.EN.aspx * http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Blog/20100928.EN.aspx -- Jackson Gomes IntraWeb Support http://www.atozed.com/intraweb Blog: http:...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

Webinar: RAD/AJAX-based Web Application Development using RAD Studio 2010
We have a new live webinar coming up on March 18th (and March 19th Australia time). You can register via our events page at http://www.embarcadero.com/news/events. We look forward to seeing you there. David Intersimone “David I” presents RAD/AJAX-based Web Application Development using RAD Studio 2010 David I, Embarcadero’s Vice President of Developer Relations and Chief Evangelist, will show you how to use RAD and AJAX technologies to build responsive and scalable Web applications using all the capabilities of RAD Studio 2010. Included in this webinar is Internet server application...

Web resources about - [XE] Are there any large code base users using Rad Studio XE in production mode? - embarcadero.cppbuilder.nontech

Post-production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Post-production is part of filmmaking and the video production process. It occurs in the making of motion pictures , television programs , radio ...

Grass fire at Strathnairn arts production facility near Holt
Fire burned through about 35 hectares of grassland in Canberra's north.

KGI: iPad Air 3 to be released in 1st half of 2016, ‘unlikely to have 3D Touch because of production ...
... analyst… …new iPad Air 3 in 1H16F unlikely to feature 3D Touch. We forecast that iPad Air 3 will opt not to feature 3D Touch because of production ...

Study: Agency and Production Costs Keep Rising Despite Efforts to Cut Them
Agency, production and research costs make up around 40% of advertising budgets and around 20% of overall marketing budgets, and they're growing ...

ABC’s Lincoln Square Productions to Double Programming Output
Lincoln Square Productions, the in-house production company at ABC News, plans to double the hours of original productions and syndicated programming ...

Here's our best look yet at the production Lincoln Continental
Filed under: Design/Style , Spy Photos , Lincoln , Sedan , Luxury New spy shots offer a nearly undisguised look at the production Lincoln Continental ...

Industrial Production Declines Most in 3.5 Years, Down Eighth Time in Ten Months
Industrial production shocked to the downside this morning with a drop of 0.6%, the most in 3.5 years vs. an Econoday Consensus guess of -0.2%. ...

Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization - Business Insider Deutschland
Economists had estimated that unseasonably warm weather contributed to a decline in industrial production in November

Fed: Industrial Production decreased 0.6% in November
From the Fed: Industrial production and Capacity Utilization Industrial production declined 0.6 percent in November after decreasing 0.4 percent ...

OPEC may cut oil production in 2017
An OPEC production may have to wait until 2017 as the cartel continues to pump oil to defend market share, an analyst said Tuesday.