Will XE4 work with 3rd party VCL components compiled with XE3

After I upgrade to XE4 from XE3 will I need to get all new third party components that have been compile in XE4?

In other words, will XE4 work with third party components that have been compiled with XE3?   I do not have the 3rd party component source code.

Thanks
Pat
0
Patrick
5/13/2013 10:29:00 PM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.install 385 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Patrick wrote:

> After I upgrade to XE4 from XE3 will I need to get all new third party
> components that have been compile in XE4?

Yes, just like with any other major version release.

> In other words, will XE4 work with third party components that have
> been compiled with XE3?

No.

> I do not have the 3rd party component source code.

Then you are SOL unless those component vendors release XE4-compatible binaries
for you to install.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Installing a VCL after compiling the 3rd party source
I am about to pull out the little hair that I still have. I have tried to install a third party VCL, for which I purchased the source. It compiled just fine and also installed just fine. When I attempted to test it, by executing a sample program, I received the following error message: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit3.pas(7): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'ElastFrm.pas', which I do not understand because when I built the "New Package" option and then entered the ElastFrm.pas into the "contains" box, followed by entering the registration pas file, it compiled and...

Out of memory - converting tiff to jpg
I have tiff files that I am converting to images from the line below: Image.FromFile In Dev I had no issues, as I suspect the tiff files were smaller? or perhaps slightly different than what we are testing with. On the first tiff, I get an out of memory error. after each run I dispose of the image, but since it happened on the first run, I never got that far. The size is 50KB. what choices do I have to determine the exact cause of this problem? I tried a try/catch, but still got Out of Memory. How about a 3rd party tool to convert this to a image? Can anyone suggest a tool to use? a...

Irregular installation of 3rd party components
Has anyone had install issues with 3rd party components whereby they wouldn’t install without tweaking here or there? \ I just upgraded to CB XE3 onto a ‘clean’ machine/hard drive and installed LMD2012 components but XE3 kept giving error messages that ‘this’ and ‘that’ file could not be found on the computer for all 16 of the packages that came with LMD2012 Tools. The files were where actually on the hard drive in the LMD install directories: ‘D:\LMD2012\Lib\d17\win32’ folder and ‘D:\LMD2012\Packages’ folder. Nothing worked until I copied the design time files and runtime .bpl files...

Compiler Error in 3rd party VCL
Hi. I get this message: [Fatal Error] wwdbdatetimepicker.pas(99): Unit wwmonthcalendar was compiled with a different version of wwdbdatetimepicker.TwwDBCustomDateTimePicker We have our own local copy of the wwdbdatetimepicker. According to the source documentation, we were fixing a bug in the vcl, so we have something different than the original ip4000 vcl. Now, we've upgraded to a newer version of the vcl controls. Will someone please tell me how to fix this? Detail: IPStudio2007 is now installed in C:\Program Files\Woll2Woll\ipstudio2007vcl7\source Do I uninstall the co...

Delphi XE3 3rd party installer
Hi What installer program is bundled with DXE3 and where can I download it?. InstallAware came with DXE2 but I cant see a download for DXE3 in the registered user downloads. Thanks Godfrey There isn't one for XE3 (nor is there ever likely to be- http://www.installaware.com/blog/?p=43) > Hi > > What installer program is bundled with DXE3 and where can I download > it?. InstallAware came with DXE2 but I cant see a download for DXE3 > in the registered user downloads. > > Thanks > Godfrey This is unsatisfactory. Emb has been very quiet about...

XE3 update 2 / 3rd party Components
Hello, if I want to install the update 2 I must deinstall my previous installed XE3 update 1. Does this mean I have to reinstall all my 3rd party components, too? I think the update philosophy is not a good one. The installation takes several hours (uninstall all 3rd party components, uninstall Delphi, install Delphi, install all 3rd party components). On each update! I think an update should be just an update. Start setup. Update the existing version. Thats all... regards Mathias On 17/04/2013 10:34 PM, Mathias Pannier wrote: > Hello, > > if I want to instal...

Are VCL Components bought for XE3 compatible with XE4 ?
I'm using severeral commercial components in my C++builder program. For XE3 I just bought components from Raize, TMS, SDL etc. Are these components compatible with XE4 or do I have buy upgrades for all these components again ? Hans-Georg Lotz Hi Hans Hans-Georg Lotz wrote: > I'm using severeral commercial components in my C++builder > program. For XE3 I just bought components from Raize, TMS, SDL > etc. Are these components compatible with XE4 or do I have buy > upgrades for all these components again ? That is really a question you should ask the vendor...

XE8: Will I need all new 3rd party components?
I was just about to upgrade to XE7 when XE8 was announced. I've confirmed that all my 3rd party component vendors are finally XE7 compatible, and suspect than none of them are yet ready for XE8. I am guessing that the thing to do is just go ahead and upgrade to XE7 for now, and then maybe next year do XE8 once all the component vendors have caught up. ....or, maybe there is some home that XE8 is so backwards compatible that it will just accept the XE7 ones????? One thing that I am doing from a long time ago is to use my own set of components... they are derived from ones that e...

Installed on 2 work systems and will also install on 2 home PCs tonight -- ZERO ISSUES and it's working great :)
Name: Harry Waldron Email: harrywaldronmvp_at_yahoo.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: Installed on 2 work systems and will also install on 2 home PCs tonight -- ZERO ISSUES and it's working great :) Comments: I assist as one of the moderators in the Mozillazine forums and want to get some early experiences with FF 2.0. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

IOS6 mobile + XE4 + XE5 trial installed
I currently have iOS6 + XE4 I would like to try the XE5 trial to see if various bugs have been fixed. Will XE5 work with my current setup or will its installation mess up my dev environment for XE4? Thomas Schulz wrote: > Will XE5 work with my current setup or will its installation mess up my dev environment for XE4? I have XE4 and XE5 installed and both working fine on my system. Of course you'll need to make sure you start the correct PA Server in your Mac environment. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] > {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote} > Thomas Schulz wrot...

Many Delphi 2009 Third Party Component's Will not Compile
I have just installed Delphi 2009 and its speed improvements are wonderful, but it looks like it will take a long time... much, much longer than usual getting third party components to install. The problem's found so far all relate to the new unicode and Ansi strings. CoolTray will not compile ImageEN will not compile SynEdit will not compile... DeveloperExpress ... new version about 2 months away I heard... It looks like it may be a long time before Delphi 2009 can be used very much if at all especially with some of the older components like Cooltray and Synedit or the...

Third party Component stoped working after installing asp 2.0 in side by side.
I have a XP/SP2 with ASP 1.1 and 2.0 in side by side mode with IIS 5. I have a project for generating PDF from a ASPX page. It was working when I was having ASP.NET 1.1 alone. After installing ASP.NET 2.0 the website stoped working. Its not working from the website. When I tested the component against a console application I was able to generate a PDF. What could be a problem in this installation. I also migrated the old website to new version of .NET 2.0 even there it was not working. When I ran a sample web application (without this component) in both the versions of .NET it...

3rd party native VCL component for Office products (excel 2010+,word 2010+,
Hi, I am looking for Microsoft Office VCL component for Delphi 7 that works with Office 2010+ Does anybody have any recommendation? Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks. Frank frank patil wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for Microsoft Office VCL component for Delphi 7 that > works with Office 2010+ > > Does anybody have any recommendation? > > Any help will be highly appreciated! > > Thanks. > > Frank What about the COM wrapper VCL component that comes bundled with Delphi? -- Steve Faleiro Hi Steve, Tha...

Modify a working Delphi XE4 installation does not work
Hello, i need to upgrade the intraweb component in Delphi XE4 to the official atozed license. The info from atozed is first to uninstall the bundled version. But when i start the installation wizard from XE4 and select modify, a message "serial number unvalid" appears and i can only stop with taskmanager. What can i do. Thanks Theo Ok, i found the solution myself. Here is how it goes: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43089 ...

Web resources about - Will XE4 work with 3rd party VCL components compiled with XE3 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.install

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Samsung announces big profits for Q3 2015, driven by components business
... So beneficial was the weakened won that it translated to quarterly gains of approximately 800 billion won ($705 million), primarily from component ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...